Anyone else feel disappointed in their teenage self?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legolas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I mean, I know the answer will be a resounding "yes" across the board, but I was just looking back at all my REALLY old posts from when I first made my account six years ago.

I feel so sorry for everyone that knew me back then, I was SO obnoxious!

I don't have that kind of record to look back on. I imagine it wouldn't be pleasant. We do the best we can with what we have. Don't be too hard on yourself. It's that you that helped make this you and you're working toward something new aa we speak.

I have the same feeling as you sometimes, especially when I look back on some of the things I did as a teenager. But, IMO, life is far too short to dwell on the negative or stupid things we did as teenagers. Whenever I see some old posts I made on here and elsewhere I simply chalk it up to my teenage ignorance and naivety and move on.

I've often wondered what I would have said on a site like this if there was such a thing when I was a teenager. I wish there had been the internet and a support group. Maybe I wouldn't have thought that I was insane for wanting diapers. Even though there was no internet and no blogs, I did a lot of writing as an older teenager and I kept all the poetry I wrote as a college student. Some I've thrown out, but a lot of it is good, if I do say so myself. But I feel like Maxx. A lot of it was done as cave painting...haha.

Off topic, but wow, so many familiar faces! Missed you all :)

I had a whole website filled with my shenanigans back then (eating every type of chef boyardee canned pasta and throwing up for instance), good god, that's something I actually wish I could look back on and post somewhere, it was nuts!

There are many moments of pure cringe to be found in my teenage years. But as I grow and connect with teens nowadays, I'm learning to find humor in it because I'm starting to understand the circumstances both subjectively and objectively. I still shake my head at my past, but at least it's with a chuckle alongside it. Makes life much more manageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back