Inexplicable desire to have a pacifier???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Recently... Like last 2 hours kind of recently... I've had this completely inexplicable desire to have a pacifier???

I actually can't explain this at all - I still am not interested in regressing or role-play or any other kind of AB behavior. I never had a pacifier as a child, nor have I felt the urge to use one since recognizing myself as a DL. So what is happening? Anybody else had this happen?

Well there's me actually. Of course I got my pacifier last year which turned out to be quite helpful actually. Are you concerned by this desire? It's alright to talk about it here since that's why this site exists after all. Please feel free to ask me questions. :smile:

I can't answer clearly, but I love to use pacis. I started with pacis before than diapers and use paci more than diapers. Sometimes it jumps a long of the day (When I want put me one,) but I have to left a wish. I can be considered DL too, because acting in babish way doesn't call my interests, because my "perverted myself" is (not completelly) sexually charged. I'm used to put me one (always) for sleep, and less frecuently when I'm gaming, watching TV... I know some DLs who're using pacis and haven't any problem with that.

BlueSky said:
I've had this completely inexplicable desire to have a pacifier???
I actually can't explain this at all - I still am not interested in regressing or role-play or any other kind of AB behavior.

I am not into regressing or role-play either, I guess you can say I'm more of an innate little.
But anyways, I had the same feelings, this week in fact, and was encouraged to just get one, lol.

I ended up getting a pair of NUK size 3 (18-36m) for like 4 bucks (at my local supermarket) and gave them a try and found they can be quite soothing.

So just go out and buy one, have some fun and don't worry about "labels". :D

A pacifier is just an object. It doesn't have to have a meaning beyond the purpose you give it. Personally, I enjoy the cultural baggage that comes with it but it could just be a thing for sucking that has nothing to do with babies.

My observation about using them is that a baby sized one was wholly unsatisfying and it wasn't until I took the plunge on one sized for an adult mouth that I found it enjoyable. Give them a shot, or don't as it pleases you.

I've only ever really considered myself as a dl, I took my diapering to the next level by ordering onesies, (gym shorts were feeling to warm in the summer) now since wearing those, reading more posts here, I also want to get a pacifier, it's weird right?

- - - Updated - - -

I've only ever really considered myself as a dl, I took my diapering to the next level by ordering onesies, (gym shorts were feeling to warm in the summer) now since wearing those, reading more posts here, I also want to get a pacifier, it's weird right?

I never used a pacifier as a child (I sucked the index finger of my right hand, odd), but as I am exploring and settling into my little me I very much want to try one as well. I am thinking of getting a larger child-sized one like a previous poster mentioned (18-36mo) because I really cannot justify spending the $20+ on an adult one right now, especially since I have not shared how far I am wanting to regress with my husband yet (gulp).

Wow all of these responses are awesome. I guess I was a little shocked when I caught myself thinking about having one but you guys have convinced me to try it.
Although I still don't think I have a baby or little side (acting as a child or playing with childrens toys just doesn't appeal to me), I am really beginning to understand people who do. Maybe in the future I will as well, but for now at least I think this is just a comfort / relaxing thing.

So... anybody live with people who don't know about this side of you? How do you still wash/clean something like a pacifier or a snap-crotch onsie? (Thats another thing I've been thinking about getting but I'm not sure it's a good idea just yet)

BlueSky said:
Wow all of these responses are awesome. I guess I was a little shocked when I caught myself thinking about having one but you guys have convinced me to try it.
Although I still don't think I have a baby or little side (acting as a child or playing with childrens toys just doesn't appeal to me), I am really beginning to understand people who do. Maybe in the future I will as well, but for now at least I think this is just a comfort / relaxing thing.

So... anybody live with people who don't know about this side of you? How do you still wash/clean something like a pacifier or a snap-crotch onsie? (Thats another thing I've been thinking about getting but I'm not sure it's a good idea just yet)

Pacifiers are easy enough to clean, although you have to watch out that you don't get water into the bulb where it's going to sit. Generally, I find a baby wipe does the job pretty well. There's also toothpaste or just dishwashing soap. The biggest concern with other people is that you might leave it lying around.

Onesies just need to go through the wash, which is either no problem or Mission Impossible, depending on how the chores and space are divvied up.

I had that urge for a while and bought two of them from Target about two weeks ago. It took me a while to get used to but I drift to sleep much easier using one. Very relaxing.

Trevor said:
Pacifiers are easy enough to clean, although you have to watch out that you don't get water into the bulb where it's going to sit. Generally, I find a baby wipe does the job pretty well. There's also toothpaste or just dishwashing soap. The biggest concern with other people is that you might leave it lying around.

Onesies just need to go through the wash, which is either no problem or Mission Impossible, depending on how the chores and space are divvied up.

Well we do our own washing, however we only have a communal clothes line. I suppose I could hang it in my bedroom, although there's a good possibility somebody could walk in and see it. Maybe I'll hold off on that for now.

I think I'm going to have to try a pacifier though :2thumbsup:

DO IT!! Lol

I've been a life long thumb sucker, I've done it every single day for as long as I can remember and I'm now 32. So when I discovered other adult thumb suckers existed I was elated. I soon found this site and found myself buying a pack of pacifiers at Walmart. My heart was racing as I washed them and once I popped it in my mouth I instantly loved it. Soon I panicked and threw them out. After a while I talked to my husband about trying a pacifier since I had found adult sized ones. Of course he was all for it and I put in my order through pacifiersrus. Over the last two years I now own 7 of them with Nuk 5 nipples, 2 are silicone and the rest latex (which I prefer).

I do have to be sneaky when I use them since I have a kid. What I do to help me relocate a lost paci in the night or morning is I attached a paci clip, that I made, to the inside of my pillow case. That way I know it's within a few inches of me at all times and I can hide it as soon as I hear my little one get up in the morning.

Take the plunge! What do you got to lose?? :)

This exact thing is happening to me, so I'm just going to buy a NUK 3 and if I like it I'm buying a NUK 5.

Wow, your so lucky that you can share this with an understanding partner, although the fear of kids finding out must be hell

Whats the difference between NUK3, NUK4, NUK5 Etc?

nuk%20teats[1].jpgthere are different sizes teats. here a pick of the size different

DannyBBaby said:
View attachment 24474there are different sizes teats. here a pick of the size different

Ah ok that makes sense. Is it possible to swap out the teats on the same pacifier?

here is a video on how some people do it.
I have seen a another video and they just pulled the handle off with the plug in tacked. so you can change the shield on it if you don't like the one that one it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhudpiaRnqE

Lilsteve said:
Wow, your so lucky that you can share this with an understanding partner, although the fear of kids finding out must be hell

Ya it's not the greatest feeling having to be sneaky around my kid but in the end I'm wicked happy with letting this side of me out. 2 years ago if someone told me I'd be into this I probably would have laughed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back