Are there more of us out there then we think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBobby83

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So I've put myself on a few different sites in the hopes of possibly meeting someone for a relationship who shares an interest in diapers and regression. While I'm not going to limit myself to purely dating people with a existing interest and don't want any relationships to be all about the ab/dl side of things I thought it couldn't hurt.

Not having a great deal of success finding people to talk to near me and that had got me wondering about something.

We get into this mode of thinking that we are a minority and there are not many out there who share our interest in all things little and diaper related.

But is it possible that there are more of us out there than we realise with many never getting to the point of joining online communities or communicating with others?

How many will go through life being to scared to talk to others who share their interests or will never explore the abdl side through fear?

How many have an underlying predilection to all this without ever fully realising it?

The onesie craze, people who still have hoards of soft toys into their adult years but never think anything of it?

How many people go for years knowing there is a missing piece but not being able to identify what it is.

Recently I can't stop thinking that actually there are far more of us around then we realise and that the way society has developed even over the last 20 years or so perhaps many people would be a lot more understanding then we think.

Of course some days I still think I must be the only one for miles and miles.

What do you all think, do we automatically assume that there are very few of us?

Bit of a rambling post I know but just wanted to get thoughts out of my head and share them.

I don't think there are hundreds of thousands abdl's not in anyway involved with the community but I. Do think that the advent of the Internet has probably made potential partners a lot more accept g of kinks just through greater awareness

BabyBobby83 said:
How many have an underlying predilection to all this without ever fully realising it?

The onesie craze, people who still have hoards of soft toys into their adult years but never think anything of it?

How many people go for years knowing there is a missing piece but not being able to identify what it is.

By onesies I'm guessing you mean footed PJs / Blanket sleepers?
For me when I see "onesie" I automatically think bodysuit, lol.

But for me it wasn't a very long time ago when those above three fit me.
I've always loved my teddy bears.
After getting some footed PJs as a gift I was hooked, lol and I've bought all mine from the kids section at target ever since. :)
I've always loved all things "cute" and "girlie" especially Hello Kitty and shopping in the Girls section.

It really never dawned on me how deep these feelings go for me till everything above was basically pointed out to me.
And since then I have been a very happy girl embracing all the parts of this and even ones I didn't think I would. :D

So, Ya, even with the interwebs there are always new little boys n girls of all ages just joining the fun all the time. :)

I think there may be more out there than we think, but certainly not in great numbers. I've seen more diaper wearing female rock stars recently, but I'm not really sure where they're coming from or what statement they're trying to make. I had a couple of pants wetting friends when I was growing up and so by doing the numbers in my head, I think that out of every 1000 to 10,000 people, one or two may have tendencies toward regression and even act upon it. It is an odd quirk however, and so it's logical to assume that our numbers are small.

The problem with ABDL is that people have slightly different ideas of what an AB or DL is. And, of course, few surveys touch on this subject so that there is no data available to rely on.

With that said, I don't think we are a large group but I suspect that there are a lot of people that are ABDL and are under the radar (not a member of ADISC and the other ABDL sites) but I will not make any type of guess.

I believe there are a number of people that don't completely understand computers and how to hide your identity that would not sign up or even visit ABDL sites.

Many believe there employers would do some kind of search and find out.
Plus i believe there are a number that are computer illiterate, do not own computers or can not connect.

I don't think we're a sleeping giant or anything but at a recent ABDL night in a Seattle bar, we had over 250 attendees reported over the course of the evening (this doesn't seem an unreasonable number to me from the crowd). This was more than I expected and did not comprise everyone I know in the area (but lots I didn't). I'm sure some traveled a bit but that's still a ton of us.

It reminded me that although our numbers are small, we are out there. Seattle has an active community, but it's not the only place we cluster.

BabyDenise said:
I suspect that there are a lot of people that are ABDL and are under the radar (not a member of ADISC and the other ABDL sites) but I will not make any type of guess.

anned said:
I believe there are a number of people that don't completely understand computers and how to hide your identity that would not sign up or even visit ABDL sites.

Well you can gauge how many that are out there and know of places like this site and visit them but will not join for whatever reason by the number of guests always present.

MandyBear said:
Well you can gauge how many that are out there and know of places like this site and visit them but will not join for whatever reason by the number of guests always present.

I believe bots also count as guests, which tends to skew things.

It's hard to really say. There's probably some ABDLs who aren't on any of the websites and are still closeted. There's certainly a lot more ABDLs than I initially thought, as I never thought I'd meet other ABDLs in the small town I live in. But overall, ABDL is still a small community. Granted, there are those who are more small and more under the radar, but I certainly wouldn't call ABDL a big group at all.

There are two factors that skew our perception of how many there are: alternative uses and degrees.

Those items we associate with Adult Babies have alternative uses. Just because someone buys pacifiers or one piece pajamas does not make them an AB. Some times, people buy clothing just because it is cute or has some perceive benefit over other options. Both male and female night gowns are also sold. Why would I buy one? The home I rented had too many windows to walk around at night in just a diaper. Problem solved. Tired of pajama shirts riding up at night? Get a one-piece and problem solved. Teeth clenching problem? Pacify it. Usage of items does not make someone an adult baby.

Degree can be an angular measurement. When people say something is level, they have checked it and confirmed it meets their definition. I level my camper differently than some and get out a carpenter's level. This is beyond necessary. Definitions for "normal" and "Adult Babies" could be thought as two specific angles. Let's say AB is level and normal is the oposite or vertical. Few adults are always completely mature or completely interested in only mature things. You will see them angled the other way at times. Same with Adult Babies. When it comes to computers and video games, some of them are anything but Little. The real angle is somewhere between the two. A carpenter's level would never show either; it can only confirm vertical or level. We sometimes see non-ABs appearing to lean toward AB, but do not really know.

I believe that the definition of normal and normal expectations are a little off. By our measuring standards, we are quick to add those that do not meet normal standards to our group. Yes, there are some who are not yet counted. There are also some who are merely curious, supportive of others, or got to the wrong part of the Internet. I doubt there are more of us than we think. There is just enough others for us all to be happy.

anned said:

Many believe there employers would do some kind of search and find out.
Plus i believe there are a number that are computer illiterate, do not own computers or can not connect.

Ironically I myself almost became one of those. I was not even aware that there even was a community until I came here in October of 2013. I was barely computer literate at the time when I stumbled onto this site. Also being chronically homeless certainly made it hard to have a internet connection. I do think there are quite a few who AB's who remain closeted for other reasons. Lack of motivation to even talk about it. It's likely that there are more AB's out there then people think simply because they live otherwise normal lives that societal standards don't need to ruin.

Sometimes I think there're some "no activated" persons. But how many can be ? Inmatures and infantiles people I can see every day, but I can't say if it's really related.

Sometimes when I am out and about I wonder how many people are AB/DL for example about a week ago I was at work and I was wondering how many AB/DL people are working there. I think that there are more of us out there than we think there are but not that much more though.

I really don't think there can be many more of us out there, at least in the western world where there is ready access to the Internet and therefore to the community. I reckon there are a lot of us but in terms of the human population it's still a tiny percentage

I've always been of the opinion that there are far more than we could imagine, but at differing levels. Some would just fit under the age regression umbrella, while others might find moments in their lives where they'd want to regress into diapers, but are unable to pull it off for a variety of reasons. Still others probably live in denial. What this does point out is how important community is to our lifestyle, and how those that are on the fence can seek us out, finding that they aren't alone in their thoughts or dreams.

Will we ever really know how many there are? Probably not. It's just too secretive of a choice for many, and remaining "solo" guarantees they don't have to confront the issue with family, with friends, with employers, or with the general public. So, if I had to put a number to it, I'd say it's far more reasonable to think maybe one in a hundred have "thoughts" related to diapers, and age regression, or maybe one in two hundred, whatever. Keep in mind we all wore them, and had the same tactile sensations of caring & nurturing, and we all have "similar" brains, so why not???

Yeah I'm sure there are many of us still trying to get a hold of how they feel or an understanding of where they fit in to abdl.

I think they're might be more will will to participate out of love for there next of kin, if there next of kin is a dl or an and the other person loves them, they would be more willing to participate. There have been numerous posts of married folks were one came out and the other one embraced them for it. Look at me for an example, I told my girlfriend before she moved in that I was DL, she didn't even know what that was, in the end she excepted it, fetched a diaper sometimes, bought baby powder and wipes at the store when supplies were running low, never really diapered me, but would occasionally pat my butt.

I think there is defently more than we think, But Mabie there too scared or nervous about what people around them will think, or they don't know about the community, because it is pretty small, as one poster has said. I also think there are a lot of closet ABDLS out there, although mabie there scared to get caught though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back