Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there more of us out there then we think?

Default Are there more of us out there then we think?

So I've put myself on a few different sites in the hopes of possibly meeting someone for a relationship who shares an interest in diapers and regression. While I'm not going to limit myself to purely dating people with a existing interest and don't want any relationships to be all about the ab/dl side of things I thought it couldn't hurt.

Not having a great deal of success finding people to talk to near me and that had got me wondering about something.

We get into this mode of thinking that we are a minority and there are not many out there who share our interest in all things little and diaper related.

But is it possible that there are more of us out there than we realise with many never getting to the point of joining online communities or communicating with others?

How many will go through life being to scared to talk to others who share their interests or will never explore the abdl side through fear?

How many have an underlying predilection to all this without ever fully realising it?

The onesie craze, people who still have hoards of soft toys into their adult years but never think anything of it?

How many people go for years knowing there is a missing piece but not being able to identify what it is.

Recently I can't stop thinking that actually there are far more of us around then we realise and that the way society has developed even over the last 20 years or so perhaps many people would be a lot more understanding then we think.

Of course some days I still think I must be the only one for miles and miles.

What do you all think, do we automatically assume that there are very few of us?

Bit of a rambling post I know but just wanted to get thoughts out of my head and share them.

I don't think there are hundreds of thousands abdl's not in anyway involved with the community but I. Do think that the advent of the Internet has probably made potential partners a lot more accept g of kinks just through greater awareness

I think everyone wishes they could be a kid again from time to time. We go a little overboard in exploring that wish.

I see a lot of that with Mrs. Maxx and our baby granddaughter... reliving childhood, and young motherhood, indulging her with all the toys, books, stuffed animals, attention, yet I know she's light years away from anything AB.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBobby83 View Post
    How many have an underlying predilection to all this without ever fully realising it?

The onesie craze, people who still have hoards of soft toys into their adult years but never think anything of it?

How many people go for years knowing there is a missing piece but not being able to identify what it is.
    By onesies I'm guessing you mean footed PJs / Blanket sleepers?
    For me when I see "onesie" I automatically think bodysuit, lol.

But for me it wasn't a very long time ago when those above three fit me.
    I've always loved my teddy bears.
    After getting some footed PJs as a gift I was hooked, lol and I've bought all mine from the kids section at target ever since.
    I've always loved all things "cute" and "girlie" especially Hello Kitty and shopping in the Girls section.

It really never dawned on me how deep these feelings go for me till everything above was basically pointed out to me.
    And since then I have been a very happy girl embracing all the parts of this and even ones I didn't think I would.

So, Ya, even with the interwebs there are always new little boys n girls of all ages just joining the fun all the time.

I think there may be more out there than we think, but certainly not in great numbers. I've seen more diaper wearing female rock stars recently, but I'm not really sure where they're coming from or what statement they're trying to make. I had a couple of pants wetting friends when I was growing up and so by doing the numbers in my head, I think that out of every 1000 to 10,000 people, one or two may have tendencies toward regression and even act upon it. It is an odd quirk however, and so it's logical to assume that our numbers are small.

The problem with ABDL is that people have slightly different ideas of what an AB or DL is. And, of course, few surveys touch on this subject so that there is no data available to rely on.

With that said, I don't think we are a large group but I suspect that there are a lot of people that are ABDL and are under the radar (not a member of ADISC and the other ABDL sites) but I will not make any type of guess.

I believe there are a number of people that don't completely understand computers and how to hide your identity that would not sign up or even visit ABDL sites.

Many believe there employers would do some kind of search and find out.
    Plus i believe there are a number that are computer illiterate, do not own computers or can not connect.

I don't think we're a sleeping giant or anything but at a recent ABDL night in a Seattle bar, we had over 250 attendees reported over the course of the evening (this doesn't seem an unreasonable number to me from the crowd). This was more than I expected and did not comprise everyone I know in the area (but lots I didn't). I'm sure some traveled a bit but that's still a ton of us.

It reminded me that although our numbers are small, we are out there. Seattle has an active community, but it's not the only place we cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDenise View Post
    I suspect that there are a lot of people that are ABDL and are under the radar (not a member of ADISC and the other ABDL sites) but I will not make any type of guess.

Quote Originally Posted by anned View Post
    I believe there are a number of people that don't completely understand computers and how to hide your identity that would not sign up or even visit ABDL sites.
    Well you can gauge how many that are out there and know of places like this site and visit them but will not join for whatever reason by the number of guests always present.

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBear View Post
    Well you can gauge how many that are out there and know of places like this site and visit them but will not join for whatever reason by the number of guests always present.
    I believe bots also count as guests, which tends to skew things.