Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Anybody seen this yet?
among-the-sleep.jpg
Its available on Steam and its also currently available on Humble Bundle

Among the Sleep is a first person horror adventure, in which you play a two year old child. The DLC contains a whole new chapter, elaborating on the main story and continuing down the dark road of the main game. For those of you who've finished the game and long for more, enjoy!

The game explores horror through atmosphere and exploration, not with scores and combat systems. In Among the Sleep you’re vulnerable, scared, and trying to make sense of the world.

"Everything, from the sound of infantile breathing to the wobbliness of the camera and the unsteadiness of little hands, has been designed to accurately put ourselves behind the eyes of a toddler. Watching the trailer, the effect is simply astounding, while the Paranormal Activity-style scares that surround the child are pulled off with panache."
- Gamefront

I'm so pumped to try this!

Remember not to
SPOIL
anyone when writing about the story.

I heard about this a while back. It looks really good and I might give it a shot eventually. It's kind of aimed towards Oculus Rift if I'm not mistaken.

This game, the first time in my life I hated a teddy bear this much...

But, if you like stuff like Amnesia and such, you might like it. The story is a bit meh I found (the big plot-twist is expected, ruining a bit of the building tension) but mechanic-wise, it's pretty decent.

Have fun if you wanna try it.

I saw this reviewed on a gamers channel a while back and thought it was a clever idea, and I was impressed by their attention to detail, but strangely I wasn't really motivated to buy it. Maybe I'll check the humble bundle and add it to the growing number of games that I don't ever seem to play any more hahaha.

I saw this when it was on front of steam, and watched a few lets plays on it on youtube. Looks cool.

Not even fun, nor scary :/

Snivy said:
Not even fun, nor scary :/

I thought you were excited for this game.

I saw it too. It seemed to get meh reviews but I thought it might be fun to play.

I was super excited for this game, I remember eagerly following the development and I bought it day one. It's not terrible in a game sense, if you like the whole run and hide genre. The story is incredibly heavy handed and left a bad taste in my mouth. If you can get it for a couple of bucks I'd say go for it if only to check out an original idea for a game.

Played it. Just couldn't pass it by X3
An indie horror game made with Unity! Idea is fresh and outstanding, you not just play for a toddler character, YOU ARE scared 2 yrs old toddler, you can not fight, you can only rely on your talking stuffed friend that shows you the way + you can play with oculus rift (if you have one)!!! :)

The game itself is quite short and, unfortunately, It wasn't as spooky as I expected.. And, meh, I disappointed with the story, it's kind of black_and_white point of view without any explanation that I was expecting :-(

arcituthis said:
I heard about this a while back. It looks really good and I might give it a shot eventually. It's kind of aimed towards Oculus Rift if I'm not mistaken.

I don't know, might be true. At least its compatible to the Rift, according to PewDiePie (my favourite youtuber). Its him where I watched the first few minutes of the game before buying it, and I must say even without the oculus it seems VERY immersive, it transported all the emotions right into my chest. Had goosebumps all the way and needed real concious effort to STOP me from further watching and spoiling the story for me.

Although I like PewDiePie, I must say with this particular game he was a slight nuisance for he was way too distracting from the immersion with all his shouting and rambling.

ScaredyCat said:
I disappointed with the story, it's kind of black_and_white point of view without any explanation that I was expecting :-(
The main point why I buy and play games (apart from World Of Tanks). Reading this is quite disappointing in itself, I was expecting something more... developed, storywise, since this gameplay experiment looks very promising.

Last edited:
Snivy said:
lol, nope.

Huh, guess I was thinking of somebody else.

I absolutely love this game! I bought it with dlc on the steam summer sale. It ended up being surprisingly scary. Certainly worth the money for me.

BenTennyson said:
The main point why I buy and play games (apart from World Of Tanks). Reading this is quite disappointing in itself, I was expecting something more... developed, storywise, since this gameplay experiment looks very promising.

I think the worst thing that tuned me out was that even playing for a toddler I couldn't get into toddler mood (and toddler mode), there are adult fears and adult problems..
Even things that Teddy was saying, he doesn't speak like an imaginary friend, but rather like adults talk to each other. And monsters, ahh.. Turn on your imagination!! Remember what you afraid of when you were littles!!! - I would tell to developers.. :sad:
Even giant living toys would fit better! Hehe, I think I've got idea for my horror game :biggrin:

And the goal is to find out who the bad scary monster is (that again turn you to adult problems).. Sorry, I can't tell more without giving spoilers :sweatdrop:

Last edited:
Thank You! I was trying to decide if I wanted to get this Humble Bundle, and this thread did it! I now have 460 steam games, plus 300+ DLC's... I think I have a game hording problem :sweatdrop:

Got it. Looking forward to trying it tonight. Even if it's not that good, Guns of Icarus was in the Humble Bundle as well and that's been on my wish list for a long time. :)

It's ok more of an occlus game IMO. I played it once and meh, my brother played it and after about an hour in he came running to me hitting every light switch between me and him, he had nightmares for two nights. It's a perspective game horror based on perspective and imagination you only get out what you put in, him being young and prone to this stuff he literally pissed himself at points and ran away screaming, me as a matured adult not so much I was on edge but he was genuinely terrified. It's all about perspective and what you are willing to put into it.

I have witnessed a walkthrough by a videomaker on Youtube. I feel that this is a game that works well a irst time, but not so on a second try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back