Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackWing

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
So, I was wondering, what exactly would be the best way of cleaning a pacifier and a baby bottle? I have 2 nuk 3 pacifiers and a nuk bottle. Would the boiling water trick work or would washing by hand be better? Not sure if the dishwasher would be an option or not either.

Well I'm not an AB, but I'm guessing you would treat it the same as other bottles or cutlery? I would probably hand-wash and then sterilize in boiling water if necessary. Although maybe certain types of rubber or plastic could be damaged.

Try this maybe?

I've tried both methods, for me, using soap and hot water works good for bottles and the boiling water for pacifiers and the bottle teat to avoid that soap taste, ew, but both work great :eek:

You can get baby bottle cleaners too :) but boiling water is best for pacifiers. If it's an older bottle with a design printed onto the glass/plastic then you would want to be more careful so as not to scrape the paint off. Probably gently handwash them otherwise dishwashers work great.

We adults have a mature immune system, so you can wash bottles and pacifiers as you would any other dishware that you have, you don't need to do anything special.

With that said, just be careful as some items are not dishwasher safe and should be washed by hand.

I always clean my bottle with warm soap and water and it works fine. I either boil my pacifier or clean it with soap and water but it has soapy taste when I do that though. I have never gotten sick when I have done this and it has always worked for me.

I hope I helped

For me, boiling my pacifiers is easiest. I just pop em into a cup of boiling water for a few mins. I don't get to use them every night so I like to clean them before I use them again. I know I'm not an infant and boiling is unnecessary but it's easy and I know there will be nothing left living on them after lol

Happy cleaning!

Usually, I have to clean my bottle quickly to avoid anyone in my house catching me in the kitchen with it, so I try to rinse it out as soon as I'm done drinking from it. If I am home alone and use it, I soak it in hot soapy water for a few minutes and utilize my bottle brush. If you do have time, it's best to let it air dry for a while after you towel-dry it. You should only have to boil it (preferably with baking soda) if it has a funny smell stuck to it.

Since you do have a Nuk bottle, the dishwasher is also an option, since Nuk bottles are usually made dishwasher-safe.

Thanks for all the help guys, sounds like boiling the pacifiers and the bottle teat is the best option. Cause I'd rather avoid any chance of soap flavoring lol. And my bottle does have a design on it, so I'll probably be washing that by hand myself. As for the boiling, is there any specifics like how long to do it for? I assume a simple pot on the stovetop will suffice for that?

I use a standard stove top pot with about 1/2 gallon of water and bring it to boiling. I then throw in the pacifier (or whatever you have) and boil for two to three minutes. This works for me.

Although I usually boil for two minutes, I suspect that 30 seconds is all you probably need.

BlackWing said:
Thanks for all the help guys, sounds like boiling the pacifiers and the bottle teat is the best option. Cause I'd rather avoid any chance of soap flavoring lol. And my bottle does have a design on it, so I'll probably be washing that by hand myself. As for the boiling, is there any specifics like how long to do it for? I assume a simple pot on the stovetop will suffice for that?

Put two tablespoons of baking soda in a pot and fill it with water. Put the pot on a stove and bring the water to a boil, then submerge your bottle for five minutes. Then scoop out your bottle (I usually do it with the handle of a wooden spoon) and put a tablespoon of baking soda in it, then fill the bottle with cold water, stir the water around, and then let it sit for fifteen minutes. Viola.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back