Teen Adult diapers (Pocket diapers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcat

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Just wondering what Teen Adult diapers (pocket diapers) are like for Urinary Incontinence as thinking of trying them out while I am home. My understanding you just wash the pad insert as I live in a block of units and don't want diapers "advertised" on the clothes line?

Currently wearing Molicare Mobile Large and wondering which measurements/ absorbancy I will need.

I'm no cloth expert but even with pocket diapers you will still have to wash and dry the diaper itself, the soaker pad may be the absorbent part but the pocket diaper will still be wet and if left unclean will deteriorate and smell bad and possibly even lead to infections.

If you don't want your diapers advertised and want to use/try cloth then simply get some flat terry squares, not prefold, shaped, pocket or AIO's, there is more of a learning curve on how to fold them in a way that works for you and they need a waterproof cover but they are easier to wash and much, much faster to dry. Plastic pants and covers can be quickly washed and hand dried with a towel and/or hung near (not on) a radiator.

The best part of flat squares is that if anyone see's them on the line and asks there are a hundred legitimate excuses you could have for them for example: you could be using them as tea towels/drying cloths or around the house to soak up spills or as rags for cleaning, if you go to the gym or work out they could be small easily carried towels or sweatbands. I go camping a lot and pure cotton towels like nappies (and barcloths) are excellent for lifting hot pans off the fire and putting hot rocks in to warm the sleeping bag as they don't catch fire easily. there are a whole bunch of craft things you could be using them for. The list goes on, they are after all just plain flat towels, most people probably won't even recognise them as diapers as they were brought up in disposables or cloth AIO's.

On another note, I don't know where you can get them these days but my mum used to have a box on the wall above our bath, a little larger than a kitchen foil box. The front could be lifted and pulled the length of the bath and hooked on the opposite wall to stretch 5 or 6 washing lines above the bath, these are perfect for drying things out of public sight (as long as no-one is going into your bathroom), even just getting an old clothes horse or a radiator rack would keep them inside though it is better to air dry.

hope this helps.

Belarin said:
I'm no cloth expert but even with pocket diapers you will still have to wash and dry the diaper itself, the soaker pad may be the absorbent part but the pocket diaper will still be wet and if left unclean will deteriorate and smell bad and possibly even lead to infections.

If you don't want your diapers advertised and want to use/try cloth then simply get some flat terry squares, not prefold, shaped, pocket or AIO's, there is more of a learning curve on how to fold them in a way that works for you and they need a waterproof cover but they are easier to wash and much, much faster to dry. Plastic pants and covers can be quickly washed and hand dried with a towel and/or hung near (not on) a radiator.

The best part of flat squares is that if anyone see's them on the line and asks there are a hundred legitimate excuses you could have for them for example: you could be using them as tea towels/drying cloths or around the house to soak up spills or as rags for cleaning, if you go to the gym or work out they could be small easily carried towels or sweatbands. I go camping a lot and pure cotton towels like nappies (and barcloths) are excellent for lifting hot pans off the fire and putting hot rocks in to warm the sleeping bag as they don't catch fire easily. there are a whole bunch of craft things you could be using them for. The list goes on, they are after all just plain flat towels, most people probably won't even recognise them as diapers as they were brought up in disposables or cloth AIO's.

On another note, I don't know where you can get them these days but my mum used to have a box on the wall above our bath, a little larger than a kitchen foil box. The front could be lifted and pulled the length of the bath and hooked on the opposite wall to stretch 5 or 6 washing lines above the bath, these are perfect for drying things out of public sight (as long as no-one is going into your bathroom), even just getting an old clothes horse or a radiator rack would keep them inside though it is better to air dry.

hope this helps.

I do exactly this. I use the Gerber Birdseye cloth diapers (3 thick) and fold them into a soaker pad for my Dependeco pocket diaper. Easy to wash and no smell! Amazing!

and every time I see that I laugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back