Thread: Relationships and asking people to switch roles?

Default Relationships and asking people to switch roles?

Hi everybody haven't posted much on here recently but come back because I would like some advice/opinions on something.

So I have a profile over on abdlmatch as I thought it wouldn't hurt to see if there was anybody near me looking for a serious relationship who was already into the abdl side of things.

Not been having much luck as with other sites I tried as it seems there wasn't many ladies near me who shared the interest.

Only talked to two people on abdlmatch and while one of them went silent on me the other I am still in the early stages of talking to and hope to swap numbers soon so we can actually have a proper conversation.

Whilst there are many other things to consider one thing that is preoccupying my mind right now is the different roles within the abdl spectrum.

I consider myself to be a diaper lover but also interested in both the caregiver role of playing daddy and being a little myself. The girl I'm talking to has told me she started of as a DL but is now looking to explore the ab side. Thing is she's not given me any indication yet that she has any interest in the mommy role. When I have been looking for people online it seems that very few women seem to be in to the mommy role and would rather stay in the little role.

So my question is are there people out there who enjoy both roles and should I ask her now in the early going if she would ever consider switching between roles?

I would be careful of getting locked in to titles but among ABDLs, I think it is unreasonable not to be able to happily offer some form of loving care to a partner. Everyone is different and all that but that's my default position to be persuaded away from depending on circumstance.

In a different community, I enjoy asking people to switch roles for a scene. It is always ackward for them and they fumble and get embarrassed. I have an awesome time and so do they. It can be done. The better question is when, where, and how. The first priority in any relationship is the relationship.

I would see if the pair of you are compatible as people first, DLs in real life second, and then progress to exploring the AB realm. Switching roles can be complicated. Some people cannot switch roles; some can. Most in real life think of me as quiet and submissive except when I ain't. They don't understand the switch; it never moves to submissive. I am just quiet. You need to understand her and how she thinks before trying to form questions. Know enough to know what you are asking of her.

Have fun, accept her for who she is, and you may get someone special. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBobby83 View Post
    Hi everybody haven't posted much on here recently but come back because I would like some advice/opinions on something.

So I have a profile over on abdlmatch as I thought it wouldn't hurt to see if there was anybody near me looking for a serious relationship who was already into the abdl side of things.

Not been having much luck as with other sites I tried as it seems there wasn't many ladies near me who shared the interest.

Only talked to two people on abdlmatch and while one of them went silent on me the other I am still in the early stages of talking to and hope to swap numbers soon so we can actually have a proper conversation.

Whilst there are many other things to consider one thing that is preoccupying my mind right now is the different roles within the abdl spectrum.

I consider myself to be a diaper lover but also interested in both the caregiver role of playing daddy and being a little myself. The girl I'm talking to has told me she started of as a DL but is now looking to explore the ab side. Thing is she's not given me any indication yet that she has any interest in the mommy role. When I have been looking for people online it seems that very few women seem to be in to the mommy role and would rather stay in the little role.

So my question is are there people out there who enjoy both roles and should I ask her now in the early going if she would ever consider switching between roles?
    I switch roles! Sometimes I'm a Daddy to my wife, and sometimes she's my Mommy. It wasn't that way at first - she was always the "big" at first - but I gave being the Daddy a try and loved it. So it's definitely possible to switch roles.

In fact, in an ABDL relationship, I think it's essential to be open to trying different roles. We're a really diverse community. Some of us are more AB, some are more DL, some of us are more open to caregiving than others, and we all have different needs as littles. So it's really important to be open to different ways of doing what we do. Any partner you have should be willing to try and meet your needs. At the same time, you should be willing to try and meet theirs. This is really just basic relationship advice, but it applies even to our unique interests.

The only exception would be if you or your partner would want something that the other just couldn't do. For example, I can't do sexual ageplay. That would creep me out too much, and if my partner wanted that, I couldn't do it. That's why I think it's important to spend a lot of time talking before any sort of ABDL enxounter, sexual or not. If you both know what sort of things you enjoy, what specific activities you'd like to do, and what sort of things aren't OK, you'll go in a lot more prepared.

So yes, it's possible - and often necessary - to switch roles in an ABDL relationship. Talking it out and figuring out what you're OK with is a really important step to make sure the compromise is possible for both of you. Good luck!