Worst case senerio just played out..Def Con 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

pampers4U

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello everyone, Last week I ordered some new SDK's. UPS was the delievery company. Well I check my phone for tracking this morning and it said the package was in route. Normally when I order diapers & ect.. they get delivered by 2pm the latest. Well today I came home and saw no package on the front steps, I looked by the garage and no package to be found.. so I thought ok, no problem, its a Monday the guy might be running late, or what ever. I didn't check my phone yet.
Well my phone rang and it was the neighbor one street away. (I don't know them well) He goes "hey is this John?" I answer yeah it is.. he goes " I got a package of diapers sitting here on my front porch, can you come and pick them up?" I played it cool and said ..sure no problem, be right over.
To tell you the truth, I wasn't really excited / anxious, I new this would happen one of these days. I was just wondering / in disbelief someone would open a package when the cell # is written on the delivery label.
So I go over there, say hello, we shake hands, talk a little about the weather, then he goes, "here's your package, I wonder how they (UPS) mixed up streets. I said yeah, I guess the guy got lazy and left.
I feel a little embarrassed, and I'm sure him and his wife wont look at me the same for a while, but oh well, you cant turn back time, just gotta keep pushing forward.
FYI the new SDK's from the old ones - nothing really changed, they don't seem thicker, and cant really tell if there's an added surge pad, when I get some time I compare them neck and neck to the cushies I've had for a while.

Well you got yourself through that one alright! I think I would actually die if that happened to me ;)

I tried to play cool, like it was an ordinary item, I think people can sense when someone else is tensed up / embarrassed. But I wouldn't be human if I didn't say I feel a little adrenalin rush right now.

Id act like what i got a package of what is this a joke. 😳.....mordified

This would suck! I've gone through paranoia levels of planning to make sure nobody knows who I don't want to know. To have all that thwarted to something out of my control would be... (I can't find the word to describe it) :laugh:

It sounds like everything turned out okay. I'm sure he was probably just as embarrassed as you though.

This happened to me once many years back. I had ordered some "Classy Comfort" (I don't really think anybody will remember them, think of a proto Snuggies without the piss poor tapes) and FedEX screwed it up. At the time I was only 15 and came home after a jog to see my neighbor knocking at the door with an opened package and a confused look on his face. I took the box and told him never to speak of it again, he was cool so he didn't, but it still was embarrassing.

Why would anyone open a package that is not addressed to them?

WBxx said:
My thought exactly, sounds like trespassing to me. I had a neighbor take things and I received the package opened. The thing is that I've always expected them of stealing and breaking in to my house. There should be a system that forces later deliveries because having to work during operating hours completely sucks when you are worrying about your package being stolen.

Ohh man. That's aweful. Sorry that happened. I've never experienced that & hope it never happens to me. I'm in a rural area, & something like that would be the death of me socially.

The worst experience I've had similar to that was having an order of very babyish looking plastic pants delivered to our daughter's house instead of ours. I had ordered them from Fetware, blue and pink carousel print plastic pants, and for some strange reason, their software must have picked up her address from my computer. So it arrived at her house and we got a hideous phone call, asking if we had ordered these really big plastic pants. They looked big to her because she had our first grandchild, still in diapers.

My wife and I denied that they were ours, that we'd take the plastic pants so we could send them to this "strange company" and make sure our credit card wasn't hi-jacked. The whole thing was a nightmare!

WBxx said:

Doesn't think to look, gets a lot of packages and doesn't bother looking before opening, was expecting something anyway, or maybe wonders if they just won the "fedex screwed up" lottery and got something nice for free.

I order stuff ALL the time and I've had delivery problems from them all, fedex, ups, usps. Most recent annoyance was usps dropping off a package at the right address, wrong street, and marking it "delivered". (ie unless you can prove otherwise, we're gonna call it stolen off your porch - it's your problem, call the police)

If you want more reliable delivery, it needs to be sent signature-required. It's not the carrier's fault if the person you ordered from doesn't offer that option.

Thankfully I've never missed a diaper shipment, and I've had my fill of them. Anyone that orders diapers thru the mail needs to be aware of this possibility, it's pretty unavoidable.

bambinod said:
Doesn't think to look, gets a lot of packages and doesn't bother looking before opening, was expecting something anyway, or maybe wonders if they just won the "fedex screwed up" lottery and got something nice for free.

I was going to say the same thing. Over the last 45 years of getting packages and letters, I have open a few that turned out to be for someone on a different street or address. When I lived with my parents, they didn't care if I opened their stuff (although I normally did not) and since I live alone I open everything, I often open letters and packages expecting that they are for me.

I just refasten and give to the mailman the next day or take it to the neighbor.

My word! this is going on my short list of fears. Both someone unwanted discovering a private package like that and someone stealing or digging through my mail and packages while I'm not home.

WBxx said:

Like a few others have said, I used to receive lots of packages and at times had many in route, so expecting packages I sometimes just opened the package out of habit.

I used to also have a my mail and a near by "neighbors" switched all the time.
My (not my real one might you, lol) address was 555 Something Ave and two blocks over there was a 555 Sometimes Ave.
Over the years we had both made several trips to each others houses to exchange mail, packages, ect because the post office mis-sorted the mail.
As far as I can remember thou, Fed-Ex, UPS, DHL, ect always got the addresses right though. :)

What a nightmare. Your neighbor sounds like a scumbag too. Why would anyone open a package not with neither their name nor address on the label unless they were planning on cashing in on UPS's error and keeping the contents until they realized what the contents were? It might not do any good, but you should really consider filing a complaint with UPS. It's disturbing that a delivery person would be that incompetent in delivering packages. They had one job and failed utterly.

UPS Delivers my diapers as well as one of my neighbors. With mine they know I cant lift them so if I am not home they put them back on the truck and redelivery when I am home.however my neighbor has a different driver and that idiot misdelivers kelvin's diapers early in the morning and barricades me in the house until my Aide comes in. So my driver carries mine into the house for me but kelvin's are abandoned on the porch. We don't even wear the same brand his are First Quality mine are TQ 2185 diapers & TQ 3096 doublers. There are 8 other people within 6 blocks of me that wear.all with differing needs and brands my GF is half a block down and like I've said for some reason loves Attends.

INTrePid said:
What a nightmare. Your neighbor sounds like a scumbag too. Why would anyone open a package not with neither their name nor address on the label unless they were planning on cashing in on UPS's error and keeping the contents until they realized what the contents were? It might not do any good, but you should really consider filing a complaint with UPS. It's disturbing that a delivery person would be that incompetent in delivering packages. They had one job and failed utterly.

Although I disagree with you on calling his neighbor a scumbag (I think it was just an accident), I do think the OP should file a complaint (or just email) UPS.

Ok, this was a good discussion, so a couple things transpired since the original post. 1st is that on bag of 10 was damaged, not to bad but still it had small cuts / rips along the top, I will use that bag as doublers so it's not the end of the world. #2 is that my neighbor although he opened the box is not considered a scum bag in my book, I think he just opened it out of natural instincts, #3 is I placed a call the ups, I told the operator that my package was delievered to the wrong address, and that it was subsequently damaged as a result, a couple hours later I recieved a call from a ups supervisor that's incharge of my local territory, she was very understanding, she first asked if it was the right address, not directing me to the large shipping label, but a smaller shipping label on the box, apparently they put these smaller labels on the box to determine where it sits on the truck, she was a little shocked that the small "full proof" label was correct and the package was still dropped off at the wrong location. She said and I'll take it with a grain of salt that she will talk to here driver, and maybe he needs to wear glasses. I told her I just didn't want this to become a habit if I keep using there services. #4 I placed a call the Abu to let them know that ups messed up, I requested that maybe next time they use fed ex ( never had a problem with them) I also said I had some damage due to the fact it was wrongly delievered and asked for a return call back.. We'll see

I've not had this happen to me yet and hope that it never does. The worst thing that has happened to me is that USPS delivered my mail to my neighbors house on the east side and I received the neighbor on the west side of me. I believe the postal person just had a bad day. It hasn't happened since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back