Worst case senerio just played out..Def Con 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been caught many times with an ABDL stash/kit. Just keep ya' head up and move forward. They actually believe you are incontinent unless they opened the whole package and saw the ABDL content. How tacky to open someone's package! :hug:

WBxx said:
Why would anyone open a package that is not addressed to them?
This side of the fence happened to my wife. I ordered something from Amazon just some months ago. After the usual delivery time, we got a small package from Amazon that had the size of the item we ordered. My wife opened it without looking at the recipient just to find it being a book we DIDNT order. Then she looked at the white sticker and saw the recipent was our neighbor. Shit happens.
But she learned from this incident. She was pretty embarrassed when she went to bring the book over.

Well a unexpected but good thing happened, I got a return phone call from Casey (Abu) he was extremely sympathetic to my situation, he did apologize for the screw up by UPS, even though he had nothing to do with it, he sent another pack of sdk's on the house to make up for the ones that were damaged. I will have to agree with others that say Casey from ABU is a great person, thanks all for viewing and participating in this thread.

Atleast you got through that pretty clean.

P.S Defcon 4 isnt all that bad you are thinking of Defcon 1.

Lol right

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
My thought exactly, sounds like trespassing to me. I had a neighbor take things and I received the package opened. The thing is that I've always expected them of stealing and breaking in to my house. There should be a system that forces later deliveries because having to work during operating hours completely sucks when you are worrying about your package being stolen.

In America opening a package that's not addressed to you is a federal crime as well. Dunno if OP is in America though.

AddyShadows said:
In America opening a package that's not addressed to you is a federal crime as well. Dunno if OP is in America though.

fyi that only applies to US Postal mail. opening someone's fedex/ups package is a civil matter, not a federal/criminal one.

and I don't know the specifics on US Mail. I DO know it's illegal to open someone's mailbox. I don't know if a letter outside a mailbox is still covered by the same protection.

I have had a package I ordered delivered to the wrong address before but luckily it wasn't diapers. If my diapers or any other baby stuff for that matter were delivered to the wrong address and I got a call about it I would feel mortified.

Before I had a room mate I never looked, just ripped things open. I'd only check if the item was unfamiliar.

bambinod said:
fyi that only applies to US Postal mail. opening someone's fedex/ups package is a civil matter, not a federal/criminal one.

and I don't know the specifics on US Mail. I DO know it's illegal to open someone's mailbox. I don't know if a letter outside a mailbox is still covered by the same protection.

It actually applies to all postal mail. Fedex and UPS alike. If it's addressed to someone it's considered mail and a crime. If it's not USPS mail then it's not a federal crime, however it is still a crime to open non-federal mail. It's considered theft by most jurisdictions as clearly it doesn't belong to the person who opened it.

-Opening USPS mail, or anything with a USPS tag on it is illegal at the federal level unless you're the person its addressed to.
-Opening Fedex, UPS, DHL, and others is considered theft at the civil level unless its addressed to you.

I guess the only real screw up I've had with any of the post services is my items being sent to my mom's place instead. My mailing address is still her place since I travel a lot still. Usually she'll wait till around 'work lunch time' when she knows I'm crowded by a bunch of people and scream loud enough through the phone for everyone to hear 'Sweetie, your diapers are here!' or 'Hey! Your new paci is cute!' or my favorite 'Honey, next time you need a change, you don't have to send a whole case of diapers!'

Talk about blushing...

Azie said:
or my favorite 'Honey, next time you need a change, you don't have to send a whole case of diapers!'

most people would expect their parents to have a little more discretion.

I have opened someone else's package by mistake. When you are expecting a package sometimes you just get excited and start ripping it open before you have a chance to read the fine print. Luckily nothing that embarrassing. The package was a personal toy for my husband but it was double wrapped so when I saw the second layer I figured it wasn't what I ordered since I never before got an Amazon Prime package with a priority mail envelope inside. It was from Amazon just shipped by someone else. So he told me when he got home what it was and it was so interesting I have forgotten exactly what it was.

AddyShadows said:

There's no way the situation (or similar situations) as described in the OP would be prosecuted though, so saying it's a crime is kind of pointless.

I have had several issues with delivery at this house. I have had packages left at the mailbox, halfway up the driveway and in a few other strange spots. The only issue I have had with my diaper delivery is fed ex marking the delivery as me not being home when I really was all day watching for the truck.

The one mortifying part of buying online... I get nervous every time, but hadn't happen to me yet! 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back