Are there any good pull-up diapers for bedwetting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonette

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I usually wear pull-ups for light wetting/occasional accidents while I'm awake and then change into a tape-on diaper at night, but I tend to wet pretty heavily while I'm asleep, and sometimes I don't do the tapes very well (it can get tedious) or maybe the diaper itself isn't that great and I end up with leaks. And there's nothing more frustrating than waking up to a wet mattress/sheets.

Sometimes I wish I could just slip on a pull-up quickly and get into bed and not have to worry. I have a 32" waist and I feel like a lot of diapers are designed for people who are either way smaller or larger than I am. I fit L/XL GoodNites comfortably, but the last time I tried sleeping in them, lol that was a joke, they were totally useless and leaked before I was even fully asleep. And a few adult pull-ups I've tried from the store didn't do much better.

Does anyone know of some better pull-ups that would fit me that are designed with bedwetting in mind, with more absorbency and leak protection? Or am I dreaming?

Honestly, I wouldn't trust any pull up for night time. The crotch is never wide enough. The padding doesn't go far enough. The wings aren't padded. Plastic lining is pretty narrow.

Unless you sleep straight on your back, at an angle, you most likely will leak.

MeTaLMaNN1983 is exactly right.
If it's a matter of convenience, I would suggest a cloth pull-up diaper and plastic pants. It only takes seconds to put them on. If you go this route, you will need a diaper pail, and it will envole a few extra items to launder. It will also cost a bit more, at first, to get the diapers ( you will probably want to get a couple of them ) and plastic pants, but you will save money in the long run.
If you do not want to use a rubber or plastic mattress cover, disposable pads are a good option, just in case there are any leaks.

Dragonette,

Unfortunately, no pull-up will perform as effectively as a good-quality taped diaper. However, one of the best pull-ups is the Abena Abriflex. Size Large (in Level 3) has a capacity of 37 oz. This is good for a pull-up bu not for a taped diaper. However, as previously noted, there is no padding on the sides and, if you are a side-sleeper, you WILL leak!

Wear a premium taped diaper like the Dry 24/7, with a booster pad, and then plastic pants. For an even more fool-proof solution, wear the Dry 24/7 with a booster and then on top wear a cloth diaper. You will need to launder the cloth diaper only when the disposable leaks. No more wet sheets.:smile: I use both cloth prefolds and flat diapers, attached with 4 diaper pins so that I get a precise fit. If you want to know more about cloth diapers, just ask.

I am both urinary and bowel incontinent and wear 24/7. I do wet at night.

--John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back