Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyWolfe

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
I've read quite a few of the forum posts on members hiding their stash, and I've skimmed through the Your Stash thread (a lot of pages I still need to go through). All have been good ideas, but I'm curious two locations.

I live in a house by myself, but it's owned by my grandparents. They could come in anytime they need to when I'm away from the house. I don't think they would go opening my dresser drawers, but if it were to do so, I don't think they would take it very well. They didn't take the same-sex marriage very well (which I understand, they are devout Christians and, well, old school in their ways.). I love them to death and this would most likely be very hard for them to take and understand if at all.

Using the box spring mattress is out of the question. It's old and I'd feel bad that I've cut my grandparents box spring mattress. It's in near perfect shape, for being 25+ years old.

I'm not comfortable with leaving them in this dresser. I have no furniture that I could stuff them in either, like chairs or couches (they are solid wood frames with only legs and sides. Like how table chairs look, only much thicker wood planks)

This house isn't very large, and it's kind of a Frankenstein house. That being, the back half is actually a old mobile home trailer from the late 50's, but the front of the house was added on to the trailer in 1989-1990.

Anyway, I think that I could do small/easy modifications to two area's. I'm good with DIY like this stuff:

1) The master bedroom closet: It's not deep (about 3-4 feet), but it's about 10 feet wide. I could probably put up a false wall on one side with a flat top used to place items on it, like a shelf. I would only do about 8-10 inch of space.

2) The floor, it's a pier and beam system. For those that might not know, the house is off the ground by posts and there are wood beams running along it. I could pull up the carpet in a corner somewhere, remove one of the floor panels. And in between 2 beams, build a fully sealed box, and have the floor cover as it's lid. This could be totally hidden with little or no evidence at all. This way I could probably get more stuff into it than what I could in the closet idea.

I would say that I could use the attic, but I generally keep the temperature in the house in the upper 70's low 80's. Being in Texas it gets hot, and fast, I've taken temperature readings in the attic, last year, and it hit up in the 140F range for a short time. I'm not sure if that temp would be bad for diapers and other stuff. I don't store anything in this attic at all. It's not insulated properly and would cost too much to do it right now.

So, what do you think? Should I try the floor, the false wall?

Thanks
FluffyMastiff

I'm not sure you'd need to go incredibly elaborate with your hiding it as I doubt they'd come in and start tearing apart your room ;) but honestly, I'd just put it in a backpack somewhere and put it in a wardrobe or something. You can get those little locks to lock it. (the backpack)

If they ask you could just say there's bank stuff or valuables or something in it.

I think I agree with Milko in this one. A locked bag or suitcase. Even if they came looking around, they're unlikely to try and pick locks, or even ask why you keep a locked case. If however you have other reasons for even greater discretion, then maybe a carefully constructed false wall could do...but access to it might be a pain.

I would buy a cheap gun safe for about $100 or a filing cabinet. Either one of those would reasonably be kept locked. The gun safes can be purchased in a few different configurations and be used for more than guns. Or in your case, without any guns. I believe that you use it for storing documents and securing computer backups. You would also have plenty of absorbent media to keep things dry.

Another option is to build or purchase a hope chest: a large wooden box that goes at the foot of the bed that can be locked.

The false wall or modified floor could be an issue later. Pulling up carpet and floor panels may be more trouble than you think. Odds are good the floor is 4x8 sheets of plywood.

I think a typical closet would do just fine, perhaps replace the knob with a locking knob. I think your paranoia is getting to you.

Don't do locked doors. Locks will attract attention and parents will always fear the worst. If they see locked drawer sure, the first thought isn't diapers but if you refuse to show contents parents think it's drugs etc...

Personally when I lived with parents I stuffed them under bed.. Usually no problem

I rarely have guests over, but I store my diapers in laundry bins underneath clothing just to be safe when I do have guests over at my place. Putting other things on top of the bins makes them less accessible.

It's all true. It is a bit much to go that far. I suppose that I am being a bit too paranoid about it all.

I think I might build a chest and then put it all in locked backpacks. I had like 8 backpacks that I can use :lmao:

Jeremiah said:
I would buy a cheap gun safe for about $100 or a filing cabinet. Either one of those would reasonably be kept locked. The gun safes can be purchased in a few different configurations and be used for more than guns. Or in your case, without any guns. I believe that you use it for storing documents and securing computer backups. You would also have plenty of absorbent media to keep things dry.

Another option is to build or purchase a hope chest: a large wooden box that goes at the foot of the bed that can be locked.

The false wall or modified floor could be an issue later. Pulling up carpet and floor panels may be more trouble than you think. Odds are good the floor is 4x8 sheets of plywood.

Since I do have a gun, I could go the gun safe route, however my brother would be interested in knowing what I have in the new gun safe :lol:

As for the modifying the floor. This house was built to be easily fixed. It was a rent house, So the carpet actually just rests on the floor, held down only by the wall base trim. That's about it for that :X

Thank You everyone. I have a few things to think about now :)

FluffyMastiff said:
It's all true. It is a bit much to go that far. I suppose that I am being a bit too paranoid about it all.

Since I do have a gun, I could go the gun safe route, however my brother would be interested in knowing what I have in the new gun safe :lol:

As for the modifying the floor. This house was built to be easily fixed. It was a rent house, So the carpet actually just rests on the floor, held down only by the wall base trim. That's about it for that :X

Thank You everyone. I have a few things to think about now :)
Just a couple more thoughts to add. How much word do you want to put into it now and how much effort do you want visible later. A special cutout in the floor shows a lot of effort to hide stuff. A chest could store personal items and need a little more privacy. You could solve your brother's curiosity by asking him to help pick it out and put it in place. Could even have him help put the gun and ammo into it. If he has seen what is in it, he will not be curious.

Much to consider. Best of luck with your decision.

When our kids come back home to visit, I put all my diapers and stuff in black, garbage bags. Then I store them in the laundry room. No one has ever noticed or asked.

Merendin said:
Don't do locked doors. Locks will attract attention and parents will always fear the worst.

nothing attracts more parental attention than a locked door/chest. It's like a giant beacon with a siren attached, screaming "HEY YOU GOTTA COME CHECK THIS OUT IT'S SUPER IMPORTANT YOU LOOK IN HERE IMMEDIATELY!"

Well when this is your house as OP has stated, there should be a line where people mind their own business. Parents or others should know that they shouldn't be too nosy in someone else's house. If your significant other knows and there's no need to hide, then the strategy doesn't need to be that complicated. It's not like they are going to try and open the door realizing that it's locked and automatically think weird diaper fetish. If anything, they should respect the people that live there and leave it alone.

Thanks again everyone.

Like I said, I'll probably go with a chest with a lock on it. Claim that it's financial documents and other important things.

I don't have a significant other, still waiting for that to happen. But I'm not much on socialization outside of the house, which makes that a bit difficult. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back