I lost all of my fear guys.. I finally am going to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scifer555

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I'm going to buy diapers from a store. Yes they aren't as good as online but I have a size 26-27 waist so even the kids size 6 fits me, so do swim diapers. I think I need to do it, as a right of passage, or rather, show I'm unafraid of who I am. Everyone knows I'm a furry, so diapers would be less weird XD I had to explain so many times that furries do not make love to animals -.-

YES! Go for it buddy! and let us know how it goes! :) :)

Congrats! You can do it. I did it yesterday and it went pretty well for me. It was thrilling, my heart was pounding out of my chest, like you see in cartoons, for about 20 minutes after I checked out.

For me I got the Goodnites L/XL pull-ups and the Goodnites Tru-fit, both for girl designs, also got the extra Tru-fit refill. I barely fit in either one, but man they are fun :D

Keep us updated.

That's awesome,
Premetheus I remember my first-time buying diapers, I think I even made a thread about it, anyway good luck Premetheus, and keep us posted. :)

Buying diapers gets easier the more you do it; I had that irrational fear at first as well. Admittedly, I buy my diapers online these days, but that is due to being unable to find premium diapers on the shelves in the US, not due to fear.

Lucky you, fitting in actual baby diapers! Go for it! You can do it, nobody is going to ask you a thing anyway, just act casual, it is kind of an exciting feeling when you are buying them.

Hey it's not bad go look pick out the ones go to check out.
The thing is be confident when you're buying kind of like when you'r buying for a sibling or younger child that you're looking after.
Most most clerks think you're buying for someone else but yourself and if you're acting nervous then I think it's for you.
When I was younger the clerk thought that I was buying for a younger sister or brother .
One even made comment that I must be pottie training a little one at home.
In my mind it was thinking not on your life I love my diapers
When I bought diapers for myself back then the hard part was sneaking them in the house not buying them.

Now a days when I go in for my diapers at Walgreens or sams club or whatever they think its for a mother or father whose elderly and it's just not a problem.
Have fun.

So many replies D: I can't respond to them all right away XD but thank you all! I love the support I get here, it makes me feel at home.

Make sure to use a self service checkout, they're less awkward from past experience.

kitterdafoxy said:
Make sure to use a self service checkout, they're less awkward from past experience.

Until the damn things screws up and a light goes off to call an assistant haha and they put everything through again.

Well in fairness that did just happen once. I still prefer it....

Premetheus said:
So many replies D: I can't respond to them all right away XD but thank you all! I love the support I get here, it makes me feel at home.
How'd it go? What kind of baby diapers did you decide on?

ozbub said:
Until the damn things screws up and a light goes off to call an assistant haha and they put everything through again.

Haha I was just about to type that!

I've done it a few times in London, at Boots and Bell & Croyden. Nerve-wracking it may be the first time but it get's easier the more yo do it, as others have said. It's still nice to look back on the times it was embarrassing though, well for me at least!

Hope it goes well

I too used to go to drug stores and K-mart, etc. to buy baby diapers, and the rush was amazing. I'd buy the largest baby cloth prefolds they had, and the toddler sized Gerber plastic pants. And yes, one time a cute and young female clerk asked if they were for my child. I was young then, so it was easy to say yes.

Just go for it, you will be fine. I have (more than once) asked the clerk not to do a price check over the speaker system to lighten the moment. It works.

So of course when I go to do it I realise I have no money then anxiety creeps back up on me. I'm not scared of buying them.. I just care what others think. I know I shouldn't but I care a lot. I think if I sell some things I can get the diapers or if my job goes through. They said they would hire me, the stupid recruiting office won't call back and I lost the number. I would have to go to another location of the store to ask because I asked 3 times already and I feel like an idiot.

kitterdafoxy said:

Amen, that is so true. Also buy other items along with it too.

I remember buying my first vinyl pants when I was a younger teen, I was really scared that some one I know would see me. I live in a small town so I had to go down on a Friday night around 8pm and see if any one I knew was in one of the little drug store in town. I just remember the woman didn't say anything and just smiled at me.

Hey! I just bought adult diapers from a store for a first time today :D! It was not so scary hahah! It was kinda funny though since I assumed they will think I'm buying them for someone else, but when the clerk asked me what size I need she started sizing me up with her eyes and I was like "GAH! I HAVE BEEN FOUND OUT NOOOO!" xD
But yeah, it was interesting. I needed some excitement to the day.
Though I got a little bit too much of it when I noticed the Tena package was too big for my plastic bag.. I had to put it inside two of them to conceal it. Then I went to a handicap stall to tend to my foot injury and to take the package apart so I can divide it into my backpack and a plastic bag to be little more inconspicuous. But this resulted in a lot of crinkling, huffing, puffing and stuffing!! When it was finally divided, I put the Tena bag into a plastic bag, but it was showing trough so I started to stuff it inside another one... but it was a smaller bag and it got full of air!! When I tried to force it down, the air escaped from ALL FOUR SIDES OF THE BAG and made the most hilarious-sounding quadruple-fart!!!
At this point I was like "COME ON!!!" lol

So yeah, I got my fill of excitement for the day hahah! I feel accomplished B)

TL;DR: get a bag big enough to fit your purchase lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back