Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLP Saved my Life

Default MLP Saved my Life

yeah I know, this isn't a brony forum but I'm just posting this as both a life update and a general stream of thoughts. Please excuse the slight rubbishness of this post as I'm just writing things down as them come into my mind.

Firstly (I literally spent the first paragraph explaining how unstructured this post is and now I'm ordering it ), I'm SO SORRY for pretty much wasting everyone's time by constantly asking for help and clearly never following it. This isn't a post of excuses but I just want to reinforce how hard it was for my to bring myself to talk to people and how I always felt like people wanted and cared about me when they posted positive comments. And then VaultDweller came,

I'm not sure how I can excuse my ghastly language but I just was so hurt and taken aback that VaultDweller said something like that. At the time, I couldn't take a step back and see how repetative my posts were and how rude I seemed but I was so consumed by my negative thoughts I just went off at anyone who was mean to me. I'm still angry at you vaultdweller and I don't really want to talk to you again.

But before my laptop burns any more of my legs let me explain a few things. About 3 weeks ago I had to go to hospital because of irritation on the lining around my heart. When I was at the hospital I talked to one of the doctors about depression and how I always felt that nobody ever wanted me around. He talked to my mum about it and yeah. Still nothing really happened on that string but we'll see what materialises.

A few days ago I was watching some comedy videos on youtube about becoming a brony. I was curious about it and decided to watch and episode.. And about a week later I can safely say that I'm officially a brony

For some reason, the show always makes me feel so happy when I'm watching it. Maybe it's Pinkie Pie's crazy energy and randomness, maybe it's a relation I seem to have with fluttershy's behaviour and shyness. Whatever the reason I love the show now and it's all pretty rad

I really don't care who knows about my my little pony addiction and my sister found out because she saw my rainbowdash wallpaper on my computer when I was showing her a home network I'm building. She just laughed and straight away asked if I was a brony and I just said yes and we both laughed.

I still have periods of depression frequently and not a whole lot had improved since I was last on to be honest but I hope that'll change.

I'm gradually becoming more happy with who I am and I'm starting to better accept what my mind says I like and who I want to be.

we're not out of the rough seas yet but only time will tell. Keep you guys updated with how things go. Oh and I built a computer

GASP!! Okay, I won't take up any more of your time. Catch you guys later or in the comments I'm open to any questions any of you may have.

Although I don't watch MLP, I do like them. I have seen a couple of broken up episodes here and there. They are adorable things though.

I too have been in and out of depression all my life, only close family members know and a very, very close friend on mine. My depression was quite bad at times to the point of where I was going to, well you know, I won't say it. But I always stopped myself, thinking about family and the few friends that I had.

I'm glad to see that you're doing well with it (bad wording, sorry I'm tired but insomnia is keeping me up), even though I am a very new member here, I think I can safely say that we are here to help you when you need it. I hope I don't sound offensive or anything.

Glad to hear you have found a ray of sunshine in your life to brighten it up. Finding a new interest can bring happiness. You mention you are not out of the rough seas yet. Please keep sailing toward a safe harbor and find a haven of rest. We could use another MLP expert here.

Thanks for posting. Hope you did not mind that I had to leave the other thread alone at the time. Had nothing of value to add and could not follow such a depressing thread: too depressing for me. 'Tis wonderful that you can now see how repetitive and rude you seemed to us. Now, you mention going off on people who were mean to you. Was someone mean? Or was someone too blunt with the truth? Yes, I understand not being eager to talking with Valtdweller any time soon. Not understanding the anger against someone trying to help.

Speaking with a doctor in the hospital is a good start. However, I doubt anything will come of that unless you go and put in some effort. It has been 3 weeks without anything. Follow up with some doctor on this. Call a hotline for guidance. You could even ask your mother what information she has and what coverage you have available. You mention not much has changed. Did you expect it would? If nothing is done, nothing changes. If you ask someone in real life for help, change will start.

Thank you for sharing. Again, we are glad that you have found one pleasant thing to enjoy. I hope you find help out of the rough seas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    Glad to hear you have found a ray of sunshine in your life to brighten it up. Finding a new interest can bring happiness. You mention you are not out of the rough seas yet. Please keep sailing toward a safe harbor and find a haven of rest. We could use another MLP expert here.

Thanks for posting. Hope you did not mind that I had to leave the other thread alone at the time. Had nothing of value to add and could not follow such a depressing thread: too depressing for me. 'Tis wonderful that you can now see how repetitive and rude you seemed to us. Now, you mention going off on people who were mean to you. Was someone mean? Or was someone too blunt with the truth? Yes, I understand not being eager to talking with Valtdweller any time soon. Not understanding the anger against someone trying to help.

Speaking with a doctor in the hospital is a good start. However, I doubt anything will come of that unless you go and put in some effort. It has been 3 weeks without anything. Follow up with some doctor on this. Call a hotline for guidance. You could even ask your mother what information she has and what coverage you have available. You mention not much has changed. Did you expect it would? If nothing is done, nothing changes. If you ask someone in real life for help, change will start.

Thank you for sharing. Again, we are glad that you have found one pleasant thing to enjoy. I hope you find help out of the rough seas.
    My mum mentioned she knew someone I could talk to but we're all kinda busy at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    'Tis wonderful that you can now see how repetitive and rude you seemed to us.
    Yeah but don't push it buddy, I said I was sorry, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Milko View Post
    My mum mentioned she knew someone I could talk to but we're all kinda busy at the moment.
    That is good news. Possibly a step in the right direction.

Yeah but don't push it buddy, I said I was sorry, okay?
    I feel that we are good. You apologized. I recognized the apology and said it was good. Okay? That was all I was going to say on the matter. No sense dwelling in the past. My day is full enough as it is.

yeah I know, this isn't a brony forum but I'm just posting this as both a life update and a general stream of thoughts. Please excuse the slight rubbishness of this post as I'm just writing things down as them come into my mind.

Firstly (I literally spent the first paragraph explaining how unstructured this post is and now I'm ordering it ), I'm SO SORRY for pretty much wasting everyone's time by constantly asking for help and clearly never following it. This isn't a post of excuses but I just want to reinforce how hard it was for my to bring myself to talk to people and how I always felt like people wanted and cared about me when they posted positive comments. And then VaultDweller came,

I'm not sure how I can excuse my ghastly language but I just was so hurt and taken aback that VaultDweller said something like that. At the time, I couldn't take a step back and see how repetative my posts were and how rude I seemed but I was so consumed by my negative thoughts I just went off at anyone who was mean to me. I'm still angry at you vaultdweller and I don't really want to talk to you again.

But before my laptop burns any more of my legs let me explain a few things. About 3 weeks ago I had to go to hospital because of irritation on the lining around my heart. When I was at the hospital I talked to one of the doctors about depression and how I always felt that nobody ever wanted me around. He talked to my mum about it and yeah. Still nothing really happened on that string but we'll see what materialises.

A few days ago I was watching some comedy videos on youtube about becoming a brony. I was curious about it and decided to watch and episode.. And about a week later I can safely say that I'm officially a brony

For some reason, the show always makes me feel so happy when I'm watching it. Maybe it's Pinkie Pie's crazy energy and randomness, maybe it's a relation I seem to have with fluttershy's behaviour and shyness. Whatever the reason I love the show now and it's all pretty rad

I really don't care who knows about my my little pony addiction and my sister found out because she saw my rainbowdash wallpaper on my computer when I was showing her a home network I'm building. She just laughed and straight away asked if I was a brony and I just said yes and we both laughed.

I still have periods of depression frequently and not a whole lot had improved since I was last on to be honest but I hope that'll change.

I'm gradually becoming more happy with who I am and I'm starting to better accept what my mind says I like and who I want to be.

we're not out of the rough seas yet but only time will tell. Keep you guys updated with how things go. Oh and I built a computer

GASP!! Okay, I won't take up any more of your time. Catch you guys later or in the comments I'm open to any questions any of you may have.
    Let me start off by saying I really don't care about the language right now, because I'M JUST SO FUCKING GLAD YOU'RE BACK AND THAT YOU'RE OKAY. I saw your user name this morning when I went onto this forum and it just got my day off to a spectacular start.

I was really worried about you when you dropped out of sight and I feared the worst. Again, I'm just glad you're safe and that you're still with us. Welcome back.

I know how frustrating those previous threads were for you, and for us as well. You felt that the advice that was given wasn't helpful, while at the same time, we gave it everything we had, and there was little more we could do except to offer our support. Sometimes, we really do have to reach the bottom first before we start working our way back up. And it sounds like you're making some progress.

As far as the previous thread goes, just keep in mind that you're getting feedback and advice from a very diverse group, and people have different perspectives and they will take different approaches, especially if they feel that none of the advice is being heeded. I know things got heated, but given a little time, and after some reintegration here, I think you'll be fine with everyone. Your apology is sincere and heartfelt, and I hope we can all move on... together.

As for My Little Pony, well, I've never even seen it, but I know there are tons of people here who will share your love of the show so it's great that you will have more stuff in common with the many Bronies here. For myself, I deal with depression with long distance running. I'm training for another half marathon in the fall and it's going well. It's always played a part in keeping me stable. People think I'm crazy for running long distances but I know what works to keep me feeling healthy and mentally strong.That's the thing about dealing with depression, however, there's no right way to cure it: everyone has to find their own answers. And yours will come in time.

Connecting with a doctor was a good first good step, and long overdue. I'm glad he opened the door a bit by discussing the problem with you mum. I am going to make one small suggestion that if you feel things are still going badly with no hope in sight, that you get back in touch with that doctor. Depression, cutting, and thoughts of suicide can often be clinical symptoms that require treatment. Just sayin.' But that's enough lecturing for the moment. More than anything, I just want to say:

"Welcome home!"

Last edited by Starrunner; 12-Jul-2015 at 01:30.

Congrats for finding out and accepting you are a brony. I tried to avoid it, but my friend convinced me I should check it out, after I had tried one episode and decided it seemed ok, but I just didn't want the label, or to give it any more of a chance. After I tried two more, I was hooked, and decided that Fluttershy was my favorite and that I related best to her. It really is an extremely relaxing and fun show, and I can see how it would help with depression, it always cheers me up.

I'm not 100% sure if I am a brony or not, But I do get the fandom if nothing else, I haven't really seen any episodes, due to me beaing busy, but I have seen this that at least made me want to see it at least someday...

This video could also be called, how I am thinking about becoming a brony. Not spoiling anything, Still in the video you can see why I am kinda bending that way, I also am thinking about getting rainbow dash plushies because of the video.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyninjaw View Post
    i'm not 100% sure if i am a brony or not, but i do get the fandom if nothing else, i haven't really seen any episodes, due to me beaing busy, but i have seen this that at least made me want to see it at least someday...

this video could also be called, how i am thinking about becoming a brony. Not spoiling anything, still in the video you can see why i am kinda bending that way, i also am thinking about getting rainbow dash plushies because of the video.
    YES go rainbow dash!! ooh I'd love a rainbow dash plushie I was talking to my sister yestserday about if they have rainbow dash tshirts and such for guys. I'd love to get one and just wear it in public for the lols

I'm glad that you have found something that makes you happy in life, I'm a brony too, even if I don't show it that often.