Status
Not open for further replies.

tg4selfcheckout

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I've been dating my girlfriend for about 9 months, and it was going really well. We had been friends for almost 5 years before we got together, so there was a lot of trust and closeness, even before we took the next step.

Thankfully, she's a very open person. Open about her wants and needs, and open to trying new things, in and out of the bedroom. I hope this part is PG-13. We got really silly drunk a few weeks ago and I shared my interest in watersports with her, and she was really receptive to learning more. We got some incontinence underpads to make cleanup a little easier. Since she works at one of the big American pharmacy chains, she knew what they were, and what were next to them on the shelf. Earlier this week, she and I were texting back and forth, joking about how that aisle has a new significance for us, and I figured, this is the best opportunity for a segue there's ever gonna be, and told her about my DL side. At the end, I said, "is this something you'd be willing to talk about?"

As soon as I sent that text, I felt a combination of fear and overwhelming calmness. I had put it out there, to someone else, for the first time in real life, and there was no taking it back. Deep down, I really wasn't very worried about her freaking out or anything like that, but I expected her to be taken aback at the very least. I must have checked my phone 10 times in the 4 minutes it took her to reply. All she said was:

"Of course we can talk about it! :)"

And that's when I knew for sure that I had found my lobster.

The only question she could think of was if I only peed, or if I also pooped in them. I told her that I only wet, and she was relieved because, to paraphrase, she was fine with me messing, but not in her bed.

I've been writing to her, explaining why I am a DL, what my thoughts are about this being something open in our relationship, etc. She's curious but I can tell it's a lot for her to grasp, so I was taking it slow and just putting out the information for her to soak up, pun intended.

Today, she messaged me because she was stocking the adult diaper aisle and she said it was a whole new experience for her, and not in a bad way. I just went crazy telling her what styles and brands I wore, and now it feels like just another thing we can chat about. She's still at work so she hasn't responded to the tome of diaper knowledge I sent her, but I think at the very least she will find it entertaining.

Hopes this gives a little hope to the closeted ABDL folks out there. I'm not suggesting that you take my seemingly-successful story as scripture. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't have a significant other who would be willing to work on understanding and accepting this part of out lives. But, I have to say, I really never thought I'd out myself to anyone, except maybe a doctor or another ABDL looking for a hookup or FWB deal, and now that I have, I feel pretty good.

I'll keep you posted.

tg4selfcheckout said:
I've been dating my girlfriend for about 9 months, and it was going really well. We had been friends for almost 5 years before we got together, so there was a lot of trust and closeness, even before we took the next step.
I have to say I was kind of preparing for the worst when I read this. :laugh:

That's great!

I have to agree you probably wouldn't find a better opening to talk about it than her bringing up the significance of the aisle to you. Anyway, Good Luck! :)

That is awesome!

I am hoping, one day, that I will find a girl that is accepting of everything like this!

arcituthis said:
I have to say I was kind of preparing for the worst when I read this. :laugh:

I'm glad you picked up on that :) I wanted that reaction to make the end better and prevent tl:drs

I'm glad it worked out! I remember coming out as an ABDL... it was tough, but everything worked out in the end! Kudos for you!

I have been a a lurker on this site for year(sss) and every time I see a story like this it gives me a bit of hope that someday I might find happiness myself. Congratulations for you both. You should consider using the connection you've made with your partner to give back to the ABDL community. I've relied so much on this community over the years I always thought if I ever found myself with someone who accepted me I would do whatever I could to give back - help others that were in my shoes. Continue to keep posting on the site - would love to hear updates.

I too have been very lucky with the partners I've told but it's really good to see other people getting the same chance at a loving relationship where they don't live in fear of being found out. All the best to you and your girlfriend

She finally got a chance to text me from work. She was really busy with a big delivery so all she had time to say was "I love you and I love that you're talking to me about this :) we're still hanging out tomorrow, right?"

Very good my friend glad to hear it if you want to talk to me about what your going to say and how to sy it give me a PM

That's Awesome, I hope I can find someone like that someday. :)

This is really great!!!. I hope someday I will be able to find someone that will be as open as your girlfriend. In the meantime, I can only share my dreams with my therapist. She is very nice and supportive, but it is not the same. I really need some real friend to share my secrets!!! Good luck

I am pleased to know your sweetheart was so accepting, tg4selfcheckout. Too many people blindly follow that irrational stigma against wearing crinkly, absorbent underwear. I am glad you have found someone who has seen how irrational that stigma truly is.

That's so awesome! ^^ I wish you two all kinds of luck and fun and whatever you'd want :3

That's so amazing :) all the best to you and your girlfriend.

Update:

I slept over at her place last night. She has pretty much given me permission to wear, wet, and sleep in diapers while we're together, but for some reason, I didn't while I was there... but knowing it was an option was really nice.

I think she's getting really curious to try it herself, too. She has already wet herself a few times without diapers, and I think she's trying to get up the courage to wear. Anyone else have this experience after telling their non-ABDL partner?

That's amazing dude! I'm super happy for you man. I'm so scared to tell my partner... It's just not knowing what the reaction may be, and how it might affect things. I'm sure she has mentioned in the past how weird it is that people enjoy watersports and I'm sitting there just like "yeah totally.... Weirdos.... :s"

Yeah, that can't be an easy conversation to have. I made sure to tell my girlfriend that I had some kinks that I wasn't ready to talk about at the time. That way, she knew I had some secrets that she would have to contend with at a latet date, but the dialogue opener was there; as in "remember when I said I was into some kinky stuff?" I think she's just relieved I'm not into drinking blood or starting her on fire or something.

tg4selfcheckout said:
She finally got a chance to text me from work. She was really busy with a big delivery so all she had time to say was "I love you and I love that you're talking to me about this :) we're still hanging out tomorrow, right?"

Her response is a very good sign, so congratulations to you both. For most of us, it's all about finding that right person. My wife and I were visiting our daughter and her family, husband and two grand children. While we were sitting in their great room, the boys watching television, my wife had found this post on her Ipad, a picture of a baby in cloth diapers with the caption, "Do you remember cloth diapers?" and she showed it to me with a sly smile. It's nice when they think about you in that special way. My response was, "Oh yes I do!"

Really encouraging reading this thread, just hope that whoever I date next is as open minded as your partner! Hope it continues to go well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back