Status
Not open for further replies.

IttyBit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
You guys know that feeling when you just want to love something so badly, and it just seems like it would be the perfect fit for you, but literally one thing is off with it, and it just ruins it? That's how I feel right now with my dc Amor diapers...

The design is the cutest thing I've ever seen, just perfect for my style. The absorbency is top notch, and the padding is just oh-so-soft. But the tapes on them are just... bad!
I've worn about 5 so far since I first got my package, and every single one of them have had a tape wear out within the first couple of hours of wearing it. Even today, as I literally just put one on 10 minutes ago, I'm already having a loose tape that isn't wanting to stick. I mean, I know I've had issues like this before with other diapers, but DC Amor seems to have a much bigger issue with this than others. And it's a shame too, because other than that, this is definitely my most favorite diaper I've ever worn!

Is anybody else having this issue, or is it just me, and I just seem to have forgotten how to diaper myself?

I never wore them, but I've heard numerous people complain about the tapes. Maybe some clear diaper tape or packing tape could remedy the problem with the cost of it being adjustable?

I've heard about the tapes being an issue. Like Ellie said, packing tape can most likely keep it on. Most tapes don't last forever either, some can only go a few hours before losing adhesive.

I've had bad luck with the tapes as well. Typically at least one doesn't make it through the night.

I don't have the same problem with Bambinos, so I know tapes don't have to suck :)

It is frustrating. Pretty much everything else about the diaper is spot on. (Though the wings seem ridiculously wide.)

But tapes are kind of, you know, important in my book.

I bought a case of the new DC Amors right when they came out, out of two of the 12-packs, I've had tapes pop on 3 of em, and of those 3, 2 of them completely separated from the wing of the diaper. I don't know exactly when or how since I wear almost exclusively during sleep.

I would suggest making sure you rub the tapes after you tape it on and smooth it out with your fingernails. I've had no problems with tapes since I started doing that.

Honestly though, I've had tape problems with other top tier diapers before and Plastic Pants solve the shitty tape problem!

It seems the only company that's good at the tapes is Bambino, I've never had a Bellisimo tape come undone.

I have this same issue! It certainly does spoil the experience. I've sent them an email explaining the situation and have not received a reply.

If I tape them too tight and too low, I can get them to pop the bottom right off during sleep during the night. I usually tape the bottom ones slightly higher and like less than half an inch on the tightness I usually would. There still an improvement over the white tapes on the original model though. I'm hopeful version 3 goes single large tapes. Curse ABU for spoiling me with the single large tapes lol!

Tape popping is a common issue with diapers that have front and rear elastic. bambino has always seen comments on this. then some with the confidry. recently, the waddler and waddler overnights, and now the DCA. (see the pattern? all the diapers with front/back elastic) The problem I think is not in the tapes, but that people tape tighter than they should. It's like the very short-lived stretch tapes on the teddy - again you had pretty much everyone taping really tight anyway, and the tapes failing due to additional continuous stress from the front and back elastic.

The front and back elastic can allow your diaper to have a much more comfortable/relaxed fit and stay on and work well, which is one of the things that makes these diapers generally more comfortable than others. If your diaper has front and rear elastic, and you still want a snug fit, try what I do. Don't tape around the top. Lower the spot on the top where you attach so that it's below and out of line with the elastic. (I usually tape around the vertical spot where the top padding stops) This takes the elastic pressure off the tapes, and lets them stretch out a bit around your slightly wider belly. (mine anyway... geek gut!) So you'll get a snug fit with less tape popping. (obviously you still can't crank the tapes down hard, but you'll notice if you do moreso there because the elastic won't be "hiding" the tightness from you)

So far.....I have had a great experience with the new DC Amor diaper. I have worn them over night and during the day and have not experienced any tape failure issues. I also love the cute design and find the absorbency to be terrific, they have become my instant favorite.
Hopefully I won't have any tape problems as I get further into the case that I bought, but now I am feeling a little worried.

bambinod said:
Tape popping is a common issue with diapers that have front and rear elastic. bambino has always seen comments on this. then some with the confidry. recently, the waddler and waddler overnights, and now the DCA. (see the pattern? all the diapers with front/back elastic) The problem I think is not in the tapes, but that people tape tighter than they should. It's like the very short-lived stretch tapes on the teddy - again you had pretty much everyone taping really tight anyway, and the tapes failing due to additional continuous stress from the front and back elastic.

The front and back elastic can allow your diaper to have a much more comfortable/relaxed fit and stay on and work well, which is one of the things that makes these diapers generally more comfortable than others. If your diaper has front and rear elastic, and you still want a snug fit, try what I do. Don't tape around the top. Lower the spot on the top where you attach so that it's below and out of line with the elastic. (I usually tape around the vertical spot where the top padding stops) This takes the elastic pressure off the tapes, and lets them stretch out a bit around your slightly wider belly. (mine anyway... geek gut!) So you'll get a snug fit with less tape popping. (obviously you still can't crank the tapes down hard, but you'll notice if you do moreso there because the elastic won't be "hiding" the tightness from you)
I have not had this issue with bambino diapers, so while the elastic may be a factor, it's not a deciding factor in and of itself.

The tapes I've had issues with on the DC Amors are the bottom tapes anyhow. (For me, the bottom tapes are always the most difficult to get right.) I think it has more to do with the plastic used on the front panel (and/or the adhesiveness of the tapes themselves perhaps, but that's not something that's easy to test/perceive without ruining them).

I tape top to bottom, and I tape the top tapes similar to what you're saying: further down the diaper away from the waistband. I don't do this because I think the elastic causes the tape to fail... I do it so the elastic is actually functional. If you tape at the top of the panel, and you stretch the elastic out when you're doing so, you might as well not have an elastic waistband.

babylilygirl said:
So far.....I have had a great experience with the new DC Amor diaper. I have worn them over night and during the day and have not experienced any tape failure issues. I also love the cute design and find the absorbency to be terrific, they have become my instant favorite.
Hopefully I won't have any tape problems as I get further into the case that I bought, but now I am feeling a little worried.
Glad the tapes aren't an issue for you :)

Body shape may exacerbate some of the issues.

Never had dc amors so couldn't comment on them but the diaper I think has the best tapes is the comficare range although the spoiled one that I'm currently wearing for the first time is excellent so far will need to try the rest of the bag before I can be sue though

The diapers are awesome. the tapes are horrible though. The best solution to the tapes is to use actual tape, duct tape I find works well. . . also makes me feel a tad bit more little, you know, the scenario where your diaper has to be taped on so you don't take it off. Pretty sure almost everyone had that phase as a kid. Lol. They're worth getting as long as you don't tape them on too tightly the tapes hold up just fine imo. The price is a tad high for the quality of the tabs though.

Which version?

With this tape issue, is it the orignal (anime) version? or the new improved version? the reason i ask is on the website it states the new version has improved 3M tapes. i am really interested in these diaers as they are clearly hands down the prettiest AB diaper out there, but funds are tight right now.. (as i am sure it is with everyone) and i so do not want to be dissapointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back