Trying some new diapers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DprLuv85

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can't wait for this weekend. I just purchased a sample pack of the new DC Amor diaper, a sample of the new Tena Slip Original Maxi (fabric sides, plastic center), and a sample of XP Medical Absorbency Plus Level 4. I'm most curious about the Tena Slip Original Maxi because my favorite diaper is and has been for a long time the Tena Slip Maxi (all plastic).

Has anyone tried any of these? Any helpful thoughts/advice before I try them?

I like the Absorbency Plus Level 4s. They feel kinda cheap but they absorb well, are pretty comfy, and the tapes seem to do okay for normal wear.

I've tried the level 3's. I liked them pretty well, just thought I might want to try something a little thicker. I'm having trouble trusting any of the Absorbency Plus levels because of the absence of standing leak guards, though I have yet to have one leak on me. Only time will build trust!

Sounds like it's going to be a long week. :)

The only thing I'd recommend is start with the one you think you will like least so it will only get better. I'm interested to see how the Tena Slip Original Maxi's are. I've heard of a few hybrids out there and theoretically they should mitigate most of the problems plastic backed suffer from without having to deal with the negatives of cloth-like.

I will post my findings on the Tena Slip Original Maxi's later this week on this thread; for your benefit!

from my experience the no leak guards on A+ does not affect the diaper! But that is just me. It may be diffferent for you

PaSS said:
from my experience the no leak guards on A+ does not affect the diaper! But that is just me. It may be diffferent for you

They wick faster than any diaper I've tried, that really helps them out in that regard. As long as you don't get a bad gap, you're ok

and the level 4's are a good 2x the thickness of the level 3's. Making the 3's a bad value unless you are specifically wanting something thinner. If in doubt, go for the 4's.

The Tena Slip Original Maxi's have a plastic-backed core but breathable, cloth-like sides unlike the real "original" full-plastic Tena Slip Maxi's that were discontinued. They also lack the padding in the wings that the full-plastic Maxi's used to have. Sorry to disappoint, but it's an inferior product in my opinion.

INTrePid said:
The Tena Slip Original Maxi's have a plastic-backed core but breathable, cloth-like sides unlike the real "original" full-plastic Tena Slip Maxi's that were discontinued. They also lack the padding in the wings that the full-plastic Maxi's used to have. Sorry to disappoint, but it's an inferior product in my opinion.

That's what I'm afraid of. I've read this in other posts as well, but I'd be remiss if I didn't at least try them. I'm probably going to use one tonight; I'll let you know what I think.

babymt said:
The Tena slips are not good (my opinion). The sides stretch and the whole thing sags meaning you have to adjust them constantly. They also don't hold as much as the plastic ones. I only have one and a half bags of the old plastic ones and will miss them when they're gone.

The level 4's are better, not my fav, but good.

I too, have hoarded the all plastic Tena Slip Maxi's. I currently have about 3.5 bags left. I will be very sad when they are gone!

You will be disappointed with the new tena slip. The plastic tends to separate from the fabric in the back, causing leaks.

Ok....of the three samples I got, I decided to try the A+ level 4 last night. I had high expectations based on the level 3's that I've already tried. They performed well! They held up to 4 wettings and diapered sex. They never leaked, so it's likely they could've taken more! I'm definitely going to add them to my list of diapers I will buy again!

Tens slips were the first nappy my girlfriend wore for me. Really upsetting they changed it nostalgia would have been reason to keep buying a bag now and again

I tried the DC Amor last night and am wearing a wet Tena Slip Original Maxi right now!

The DC Amor was alright. The only real complaint I had was that until you wet it, it feels like you have a piece of cardboard between you legs...very stiff! Other than that, capacity was great, design is cute, and no clumping!

The Tena Slip Original Maxi is, so far, a disappointment. After wearing for 30 min, I had to readjust tapes...and then one of them wouldn't stick anymore. I had to remove the blue part of the tape and re-stick just the white part. I haven't tried to fill it to capacity, but it's much thinner than the all-plastic maxi and the padding is rectangular; I expect it to hold a lot less. The good news is no clumping and they are pretty comfortable. I still have two more samples, so I will test them more thoroughly!

DPRLuv85 said:
The DC Amor was alright. The only real complaint I had was that until you wet it, it feels like you have a piece of cardboard between you legs...very stiff! Other than that, capacity was great, design is cute, and no clumping!

Huh, that's unusual, maybe you just weren't prepred for the thickness? I think they're pretty soft, about on par with bambino in many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back