Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying some new diapers!

Default Trying some new diapers!

I can't wait for this weekend. I just purchased a sample pack of the new DC Amor diaper, a sample of the new Tena Slip Original Maxi (fabric sides, plastic center), and a sample of XP Medical Absorbency Plus Level 4. I'm most curious about the Tena Slip Original Maxi because my favorite diaper is and has been for a long time the Tena Slip Maxi (all plastic).

Has anyone tried any of these? Any helpful thoughts/advice before I try them?

I like the Absorbency Plus Level 4s. They feel kinda cheap but they absorb well, are pretty comfy, and the tapes seem to do okay for normal wear.

I've tried the level 3's. I liked them pretty well, just thought I might want to try something a little thicker. I'm having trouble trusting any of the Absorbency Plus levels because of the absence of standing leak guards, though I have yet to have one leak on me. Only time will build trust!

Sounds like it's going to be a long week.

The only thing I'd recommend is start with the one you think you will like least so it will only get better. I'm interested to see how the Tena Slip Original Maxi's are. I've heard of a few hybrids out there and theoretically they should mitigate most of the problems plastic backed suffer from without having to deal with the negatives of cloth-like.

I will post my findings on the Tena Slip Original Maxi's later this week on this thread; for your benefit!

from my experience the no leak guards on A+ does not affect the diaper! But that is just me. It may be diffferent for you

Quote Originally Posted by PaSS View Post
    from my experience the no leak guards on A+ does not affect the diaper! But that is just me. It may be diffferent for you
    They wick faster than any diaper I've tried, that really helps them out in that regard. As long as you don't get a bad gap, you're ok

and the level 4's are a good 2x the thickness of the level 3's. Making the 3's a bad value unless you are specifically wanting something thinner. If in doubt, go for the 4's.

The Tena Slip Original Maxi's have a plastic-backed core but breathable, cloth-like sides unlike the real "original" full-plastic Tena Slip Maxi's that were discontinued. They also lack the padding in the wings that the full-plastic Maxi's used to have. Sorry to disappoint, but it's an inferior product in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by INTrePid View Post
    The Tena Slip Original Maxi's have a plastic-backed core but breathable, cloth-like sides unlike the real "original" full-plastic Tena Slip Maxi's that were discontinued. They also lack the padding in the wings that the full-plastic Maxi's used to have. Sorry to disappoint, but it's an inferior product in my opinion.
    That's what I'm afraid of. I've read this in other posts as well, but I'd be remiss if I didn't at least try them. I'm probably going to use one tonight; I'll let you know what I think.

The Tena slips are not good (my opinion). The sides stretch and the whole thing sags meaning you have to adjust them constantly. They also don't hold as much as the plastic ones. I only have one and a half bags of the old plastic ones and will miss them when they're gone.

The level 4's are better, not my fav, but good.