Favorite Cheesy Musical

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllieMarieBinx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Hello, AB's, DL's, DF's, BF's, and IC's! If you are into musicals, then what is by far your favorite? Or, if you want to get carried away like me, your favorites? I know I said 'cheesy', but truth be told it doesn't have to be cheesy at all! It can also be dark and serious. No judging here. ;) Maybe I'll find something new, or maybe we'll get to discuss our favorites as fans.

My favorite cheesy musical is Shock Treatment. It is a kind-of-not sequel to Rocky Horror. Alot of people hated it, but I kind of like it. Rocky Horror also takes my first place, as I love both of them the same.

[video=youtube;A3M3jcZvkg0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3M3jcZvkg0[/video]

My second favorite musical is The Phantom of the Paradise. It's like a mix between Faust and Phantom of the Opera.

Third and fourth favorites are Terrance Zdunich musicals Repo! The Genetic Opera and The Devil's Carnival.

I wanted to include more than one video, but it appears that there is a max of one per submission...

I think my favorite musical is The Music Man, but that's just today :)

I have several that I can watch over and over again.

But if I have to pick one that I would consider "cheese" I would go with "Harvey Girl's".

After thinking about it for a few minutes more I would put "Best little whorehouse in Texas" in for a close second.

I think my favorite musical is definitely A Chorus Line, but if we're talking about cheesy musicals it is definitely Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Growing up I didn't get to watch it much since the rest of my family hated it, and now I have no idea where the VHS copy we had went.

EllieMarieBinx said:
Rocky Horror also takes my first place

I also love Rocky Horror. My mom introduced me to it (she used to work at a theater in Ohio where they played it every Saturday at Midnight for four years), but I can't watch it with her anymore because she sings all of the songs off key and it bothers me.

EllieMarieBinx said:
The Devil's Carnival

Speaking of The Devil's Carnival, one of my friends tells me that the sequel is coming out soon. He seems to be really excited for it.

ToddySmurf said:
I think my favorite musical is The Music Man, but that's just today :)

I'll have to give that a whirl. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

egor said:
I have several that I can watch over and over again.

But if I have to pick one that I would consider "cheese" I would go with "Harvey Girl's".

After thinking about it for a few minutes more I would put "Best little whorehouse in Texas" in for a close second.

Those are interesting names. Might try a few songs from each and even watch the whole movies.

- - - Updated - - -

DMVanGrif said:
I think my favorite musical is definitely A Chorus Line, but if we're talking about cheesy musicals it is definitely Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Growing up I didn't get to watch it much since the rest of my family hated it, and now I have no idea where the VHS copy we had went.

I also love Rocky Horror. My mom introduced me to it (she used to work at a theater in Ohio where they played it every Saturday at Midnight for four years), but I can't watch it with her anymore because she sings all of the songs off key and it bothers me.

Speaking of The Devil's Carnival, one of my friends tells me that the sequel is coming out soon. He seems to be really excited for it.

Yes. The sequel is coming in August. I'm also pretty excited because it deals with the Heaven side. That, and I've been waiting since 2012-2013. :)

EllieMarieBinx said:
Hello, AB's, DL's, DF's, BF's, and IC's! If you are into musicals, then what is by far your favorite? Or, if you want to get carried away like me, your favorites? I know I said 'cheesy', but truth be told it doesn't have to be cheesy at all! It can also be dark and serious. No judging here. ;) Maybe I'll find something new, or maybe we'll get to discuss our favorites as fans.

My favorite cheesy musical is Shock Treatment. It is a kind-of-not sequel to Rocky Horror. Alot of people hated it, but I kind of like it. Rocky Horror also takes my first place, as I love both of them the same.

[video=youtube;A3M3jcZvkg0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3M3jcZvkg0[/video]

My second favorite musical is The Phantom of the Paradise. It's like a mix between Faust and Phantom of the Opera.

Third and fourth favorites are Terrance Zdunich musicals Repo! The Genetic Opera and The Devil's Carnival.

I wanted to include more than one video, but it appears that there is a max of one per submission...

OK lets go to the other end of the spectrum.

What is your top three favorites?

Pete's Dragon has been a favourite of mine, but that may be due to it being my first trip to a cinema (back in the days when they were like palaces) and the whole experience was a big deal of travelling to another town, queueing outside in the damp and dark and seeing a slice of life i'd never seen before pass us by as we waited. i think that i remember more about the going to see the film rather than the film itself; i also got the book of the time, so i remember more of that, too.

and then,
[video=youtube;sA_0cvd1EUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA_0cvd1EUM[/video]
Bugsy Malone.
omg, this was a film for 'us kids'! no grown-ups allowed!
everybody remembers this. but, in hindsight, some of it seems a bit creepy.

If you want cheesy, I remember when I was a little kid, seeing at the movie, The Merry Widow and The Student Prince. They certainly were cheesy but the music was wonderful.

Not a musicals fan but don't mind Rocky Horror and quite enjoyed that episode of Buffy.

History of the World Part I (Mel Brooks)
I saw Kinky Boots in person. Not too cheesy.
Evita - Madonna - really?
1776 - Ben Franklin can sing!

I do not know why this thread has effected me so, but I can not stop thinking about musicals.

I thought of another one that is a favorite of mine that fits into the Cheese genre and that would be "Cats "

The story line is captivating, and the costumes are amazing at two points.
1) some of the characters are very "cute"/lifelike.
2) Being Male (a rutting pig) braless actresses, in very tight body socks!

egor said:
I do not know why this thread has effected me so, but I can not stop thinking about musicals.

I thought of another one that is a favorite of mine that fits into the Cheese genre and that would be "Cats "

The story line is captivating, and the costumes are amazing at two points.
1) some of the characters are very "cute"/lifelike.
2) Being Male (a rutting pig) braless actresses, in very tight body socks!

Cats is my guilty pleasure musical. My entire family hates it, which is saying something because my Dad will basically go to any musical ever. And I know the feeling of not being able to stop thinking about musicals, last year I took an English class looking at pieces of literature and how they were adapted for Broadway. 10 weeks of non-stop musical based work, it was kind of fun.

I believe out of all The Book of Mormon (live) surpassed all my previous favorites. Avenue Q is definitely up there and RENT i know most of if not all lyrics to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back