Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodnites

Default Goodnites

Can anyone explain to me why goodnites refuses to listen to their customers and won't make larger sizes I understand they have depends to look out for as well but no depends product is for specifically at night like goodnites are

Probably not enough people in such demographic to convince them.

I'd say it's cuz Goodnites are made specifically for children but the signs are kinda there.

ClandestineWing is surely right on; there probably just isn't a market. If there were enough older children in need of XXL GoodNites, there would be such a product. In most cases, "listening to customers" implies that there are enough customers to warrant listening to. That's just how business works. I'd love Pampers Baby Dry in a size 12, but I'd be crazy to expect much "listening" in that regard. Oh well!

regular bed wetting is pretty rare in people bigger than the L/XL size. Rare enough that keeping a decent overnight adult diaper in stock is a waste of shelf space in most stores.

Mainly because it isnt as common in older people you get, then for those older who do there is adult pull ups and tape on diapers which just get used anyways for that due to them being more absorbant anyways due to bigger bladders.

(Like when i go through wetting at night periods i use adult ones anyways, even though i can still fit really really comfortably into a goodnite/drynite, just because tape on's hold more, and i still find them a lot more comfortable than sleeping in a pull up ALL night.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    ClandestineWing is surely right on; there probably just isn't a market. If there were enough older children in need of XXL GoodNites, there would be such a product. In most cases, "listening to customers" implies that there are enough customers to warrant listening to. That's just how business works. I'd love Pampers Baby Dry in a size 12, but I'd be crazy to expect much "listening" in that regard. Oh well!
    A while back, Cottontail and I noticed that they were a bit bigger, and certainly a lot more stretchy. They also seemed to have a little bit more padding. My guess is that parents have complained about them leaking. I've seen these complaints on Amazon where buyers give reviews of products. For that reason, I think there is a base from intended users who might want them a bit bigger with more absorption.

Its not just Goodnites, or diapers its everything these days.

How many of you have noticed clothes being sold in S/M and M/L sizes instead of the traditional S M L?

If you only have to pay to have 2 products made instead of 3 you save on making them and save on shelf/floor space which means more profits without raising your price, its like free money. Thank all the lil bean counters out there trying to show their worth by telling their employers how they can save .02 and the customer will just have to suck it up cause they aren't going to stop buying the product. Its sad really but that's how the world works today.

All the Lil Susy and lil Johhny's out there will still be wetting the bed, but they will just have to deal with S/M or L/XL from now on because I want another 150 foot yacht.

Quote Originally Posted by glassguy View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why goodnites refuses to listen to their customers and won't make larger sizes I understand they have depends to look out for as well but no depends product is for specifically at night like goodnites are
    My guess would be that, on paper, Kimberly Clark (makers of Goodnites) has a product for all (most) sizes and types. To them, it looks like a smooth transition from Pull-Ups to Goodnites and from Goodnites to Depends. However, consumers know better and realize that, in practice, the transitions aren't as smooth as it seems. Lots of parents on the Goodnites page complain about Goodnites being either too large or too small for their child. I'm certain that KC doesn't want to make their products "compete" with one another as that would be a waste of shelf and production space. That's likely why we don't see XXL Goodnites or 5T-6T Pull-Ups.

Just curious. I saw an unopened package of GoodNites at the local thrift store here the other day but they were Girl's boxers? I would of bought them but I'm far too large for a small, which is the size that they were. Has anybody tried those before? I honestly don't find them appealing since they stray so far from diapers.