Bambino Getting Boring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire2box said:
Bambino Bellissimo's have slowly gotten worse over the last 3 years all while they slowly raise their pricing.

the new ones don't have as much SAP as the ones from 2-3 years ago did and thus wont hold as much. Bambino as a company has yet to actually state this and anytime they change it they say it's still the same weight of SAP. so either they are lying or whatever adult diaper machine they rent out in china *sucks*. I've been a fanboy of Bambino in the past and still want to be but there's a reason why I ordered a case of dry 24/7 and not Bellissimo's on my last order.

That's not my experience at all. I wear them for bedwetting protection, and, aside from the redesign... what was that, a year ago? I've seen absolutely no difference in them from shipment to shipment. The redesign feels softer and while it may be marginally thinner (I'm up in the air on that one, but they might be), it handles flooding better (very noticeable difference), and holds more capacity-wise. Perhaps it's an issue of the cut of the diaper vs how it fits my body - got better for me, got worse for some people, but they're about perfect for me.

It would be nice to try bambino products but because I'm in Europe shipping costs make them very expensive in comparison to European based distribution. If they wanted to get some money they could try and find a company this side of the pond capable of handling this for them (cough cough) abdlfactory.com

Draugr said:
That's not my experience at all. I wear them for bedwetting protection, and, aside from the redesign... what was that, a year ago? I've seen absolutely no difference in them from shipment to shipment. The redesign feels softer and while it may be marginally thinner (I'm up in the air on that one, but they might be), it handles flooding better (very noticeable difference), and holds more capacity-wise. Perhaps it's an issue of the cut of the diaper vs how it fits my body - got better for me, got worse for some people, but they're about perfect for me.

Great to hear at least one person still likes them as much as ever. I don't think capacity is that much different but even when I control my "leakage" it seems they just don't hold up as well and are now down by half or a full wetting. I can still get over 12 hours out of one si they are still really nice but I really do think they are cheapening out on SAP by maybe 10% these days.

I've basically stopped ordering from Bambino because they're not a great buy. I like dry 24/7s even better than Bellissimos, and they're like 60 cents cheaper per diaper.

I think the thing is now that bambino showed there was money in adult baby diapers other people have tried to get in on it some have created what are very pail imitations (cuddlz) and aimed at the cheapest price point possible others have come in and aimed at the much more premium price. I suppose at the end of the day the capitalistic free market we have dictates the range and quality of anything even diapers for adults who like childish/baby print

Bambino "boring"??? I say hogwash!! Right now, the Bellissimos and Dry 24/7's are the best products on the market for heavy needs. The Rearz Inspires would have a better chance if they would do something about the defective bottom tapes. Trust me, there are plenty of products that have changed for the worst over the last couple years. Remember wellness???? Well, just look at them NOW: Wafer thin Superios that LEAK!

Hope and change, anybody????

No I don't find them boring. I like they keep their diapers the same, the fit, the absorbency, the thickness, the feel. I think new designs would be nice but I always hate their high prices.

boring? I consider bambino the most reliable, dependable company when it comes to abdl products, and I wouldn't want them to ever change that business model. They release new products every 5-6 years, and are constantly updating their current products. As it has been mentioned, the management are not abdl themselves, but they do know business, as one can see clearly from their success. :D

Calico said:
No I don't find them boring. I like they keep their diapers the same, the fit, the absorbency, the thickness, the feel. I think new designs would be nice but I always hate their high prices.

Given that I get a consistent product with the Bellissimo, that has NEVER let me down once, the price point is actually quite reasonable. The tapes work flawlessly. When worn overnight, they are the same the next morning with no change in integrity, sag, or stretch. It is still good for several hours after I wake up. If I go through three of them per day, then the cost won't exceed $200.00 per month. But try that with a brand like Tranquility or Attends, and I am willing to bet the cost would double due to the need for extra accessories, and extra quantity of garments needed. If I were running a group home for people with disabilities, then the DryCare or Bambinos are what I would opt for, simply for their reliability. No money is wasted with these products. I would say that "boring" can often be a good thing. Think of the boring, reliable bank where your checking account is. Quality, integrity, comfort, dependability, and reliability are items that cannot be compromised when considering the need for these types of garments.

As inflation marches on, you can either raise your prices or lower your product. (in quality or in quantity etc) With something like a candybar, you can make the bar a little smaller and it's still a snickers, still taste as good, it just doesn't last as long. Diapers on the other hand, you can't just lower the padding because it fundamentally changes the product. So you either raise the price or CHANGE the product. If that's what they're doing, they're going to lose customers as people see their product's quality as declining. And since this is a functional product, that's often just not acceptable.

Bambino has indeed gotten stale and seems to not really care about releasing anything new. AND their customer service (in my personal experience) has been really, really terrible.

Having said that, they're still the best ABDL company out there as of right now in terms of their product/price (although bambino has raised their prices twice this past year, so this may change).

It's such a small, niche market, that they can afford to be less than perfect and still do well. It's a shame that that have no other 'real' competition at their price range.

I dunno what the big deal is. They're identical to the diapers I wore as a child. All over printed diapers is a more recent 2003ish onward thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back