Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bambino Getting Boring?

Default Bambino Getting Boring?

It seems that Bambino is pretty set about the designs on their diapers. They haven't changed any of their designs in years. Top me, it's getting a little stale. Of course they're other places to shop and get something different, but, I'd like to see something refreshing.

Anyone else feel this way?
    Any design ideas that you can come up with just to see for fun?

I'm inclined to agree...also the fact that the owners are not AB/DL - just good capitalists. While they paved the way - the diapers are not soft or babyish other than the frontal landing zones and their tired designs.

For a niche market they seem to have a good understanding of what people are willing to compromise for (style vs function). Their sales will only rise to a point, then [ideally] level off and stay there. Usually a design change will be considered when a significant slump in sales is observed and positively linked to stale design.

Bambino is supposed to be releasing a new diaper this week. I started a thread about it, you should check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    For a niche market they seem to have a good understanding of what people are willing to compromise for (style vs function). Their sales will only rise to a point, then [ideally] level off and stay there. Usually a design change will be considered when a significant slump in sales is observed and positively linked to stale design.
    Well said Entity - obviously they have been successful. And I'd be lying if I said I hadn't purchased many cases over the years. I have a great appreciation for what they have done and continue to do.

The issues that irk me are the same across all the AB/DL niche manufacturers (AB Universe, Snuggies, etc...) - namely diapers that look the part but are rigid and are not very soft like the poly-backed baby diapers of years past. But I admit that is a personal preference - people like the look and the crinkle. It seems in China - where most of the manufacturing is done for these types of diapers - they are adapting very utilitarian diapers and throwing pretty landing strips on front. I do keep waiting for someone to attempt something more like a baby diaper looks today - but I am thankful for the growing number of companies and everything that gets brought to the table. Don't want to sound grumpy about it - it's kind of amazing.

To DPRLuv85's point (and I did see that thread) I am curious what Bambino will bring to the table.

Hey if Bambinos are getting boring feel free to throw some my way, haven't tried the cream of the crop yet (jk).

Just stay on their back about a new design, or better yet come up with a few ideas yourself and submit them.

I've seen bambinos in person a few years ago when I ordered a sample to wear over my suit, yeah, not the best money can buy. The plastic is not the crinkle most remember, in fact, it's the least buttery" plastic I think I've ever seen (besides depends or any other standard diapers). Oh yeah, and much like Cushies, the designs are once agin stolen from China with no credit to the original designer.

They're perfect for me. I'm 28 and their style is pretty much identical to the diapers I wore as an actual baby.

They always seem pretty soft to me, inside and outside. I've got no complaints at all.

That said, it'd be nice if their new diaper is a departure from their current line-up - maybe something with an all-over print on the Bellissimo core.

boring because they actually ship what they sell and dont screw people over and have good products? there is also the fact that many abdl diapers are double the price of theirs...hmmmm lots of bambino haters lately methinks controlled opposition from other abdl company's...

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedWife View Post
    boring because they actually ship what they sell and dont screw people over and have good products? there is also the fact that many abdl diapers are double the price of theirs...hmmmm lots of bambino haters lately methinks controlled opposition from other abdl company's...
    Not haters per se. When you like a product or company, you will often want to make suggestions or comments that you feel will make it easier for you to buy their products.