Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
hey everyone!
so i really love the feeling of a wet diaper, and i would really like to wear them for more than just 10 minutes and sleep in them, but i'm also really scared of getting a rash.
my skin isn't sensitive, but i really don't want to take any chances.

so i need an advice here: what would work best to prevent me from getting a rash? i was thinking about buying the abena or tena barrier cream or a zinc cream, along with my diapers, next time i'm ordering (i don't really have acces to anything else than barrier/zinc creams). anyone knows how good those creams work? are there any other and maybe better ways to prevent a rash? and is there anything else i should know about rash prevention?

I have one word for you. Desitin. I use it for every diaper change. I get rashes on occasion, but I wear 24-7. Use wipes, a little cream on your private parts and butt then top it off with a light sprinkle of baby powder. You'll be fine. Just don't stay in a poopy diaper for longer than you have to.

I agree with Spaz get some good diaper cream, I use equate from walmart it works great just make sure you clean and dry before putting on the cream. Make sure you put cream on at every changing. Staying in a wet diaper won't be an issue with the right prep, if we all had to change after every wetting wet would be changing every few hours.

Also make sure you air out once aday, I air out while watching TV I have a water proof pad and I sit on a open diaper just incase I start to leek.

I don't use any sort of cream when I wear. I just sprinkle a fair amount of baby powder inside the diaper and tape it all up, and then I'm good for hours. Last night, I wore an Abena M4 and kept it on through the night and all the way through the morning. I brought it up to max capacity then threw a baby diaper inside and wore it for another couple of hours, so getting a rash with good diapers is really hard to get. I've done the same with Tranquility ATN's and most of their products, same with Abena. I sorta have sensitive skin, but I built up a tolerance to urine quickly. I never really used diaper cream, or any other sort of barrier cream/ointment other than just for shits and giggles.

Anyways, just experiment a bit and see what works for you.

I use Johnson's baby cream with each diaper change, never had a rash.

Rob110 said:
I agree with Spaz get some good diaper cream, I use equate from walmart it works great just make sure you clean and dry before putting on the cream. Make sure you put cream on at every changing. Staying in a wet diaper won't be an issue with the right prep, if we all had to change after every wetting wet would be changing every few hours.

Also make sure you air out once aday
i was thinking about barrier cream, but i just searched the website of the pharmacy where i buy my diapers, and i found out that baby powder is a lot cheaper. i have very little money, so i'd prefer the cheaper option. maybe i'll try to get both.
about airing out: i only wear at night, so i guess i can spend my whole day airing out.
thanks for the tip.

Tmac136 said:
I don't use any sort of cream when I wear. I just sprinkle a fair amount of baby powder inside the diaper and tape it all up, and then I'm good for hours. Last night, I wore an Abena M4 and kept it on through the night and all the way through the morning.

Anyways, just experiment a bit and see what works for you.

so baby powder works good against a rash? i'll probably go with that option, since it's cheaper than barrier cream, and i don't have a lot of money.
by the way, i decided to take my chances, and i've been laying in bed, wearing a soaked iD slip for almost two hours now. it took a full bladder flood, then a smaller flood, and a small final wetting. this diaper just won't leak, and i don't feel any irritation on my skin yet. i'll probably change into attends S10 right now, since i'm starting to get nervous.
anyway, thanks for the tip

I use Johnson's baby lotion with aloe and I never get a rash. I think you stand a greater chance of having an abrasion problem or chafing, where the diaper rubs against your skin. I sleep all night, usually in a wet diaper and the lotion works great.

I have always used johnson baby powder, good amount of it and never had a rash.

dlphx said:
I have always used johnson baby powder, good amount of it and never had a rash.

how do you apply the powder? do you rub it on your skin, or sprinkle it inside the diaper? also, how long would a bottle of baby powder last if i use maybe 5 or 7 diapers per week?

I use baby wipes to thoroughly clean myself then just recently (just over a month) began applying baby powder. I would almost consider it a godsend.

You can use baby aveeno and lots and lots of baby powder and I never gotten a rash (yet..) and than just relaaax :3

cuddlekitty46 said:
how do you apply the powder? do you rub it on your skin, or sprinkle it inside the diaper? also, how long would a bottle of baby powder last if i use maybe 5 or 7 diapers per week?

You use as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. (How is that for a non-answer?)

If I am laying down, I simply sprinkle some powder on and rub it in some. I apply enough powder to cover the area but not have too much that would fall off if I stood.

If I have a diaper on, I simply sprinkle one or two 'squeezes' of the bottle.

The bottle of powder lasts a long time. (I use diapers a few times a week but use powder everyday in my regular underwear.)

Your mileage may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back