which position to wet in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
hi i'm new here and that's my first post.
so i was wondering what is the best position to lay in while wetting in bed without leaking. i tried doing it laying on the stomach and on the side, but i always got a leak half way through. i never lay on my back because i don't like it, so that's not really a welcome option for me. currently i have a stash of attends slip regular S10 and iD slip super and they both leaked, even tho i had a good fit. now i'm thinking about getting some abena abri form x-plus S4. i'm currently on my first stash, so i don't know a lot about all this, and i have a very limited selection, because i can't buy from amazon or anywhere else but local online stores. abena, iD, and attends are all i can choose from. i'm looking forward to your replies :)

Welcome cuddlekitty46! We are a support group and help each other whenever we can. For your question, basically when you lie on your side you will more than likely leak. Lying on your stomach can cause leaks if there's too much liquid or depending on your position. Ironically, most people have a hard time wetting when lying down. You mention you can only buy store bought diapers and they're really not the best. When you can get diapers online (better diapers), then you will have less leaks.

What are some of your other interests?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site!

Unfortunately there aren't too many options on positions with what you listed. Only thing I could really say is while standing up if you are really against laying back. On your stomach and side are much more likely to leak like zipperless added. Hope to see you around more

I'm a bed wetter and sleep on my back. I use cloth diapers I find I have a lot less leaks, and with cloth you can use booster pads that help a lot

It depends on the diaper.

Aimed down I can wet a prevail PM, Bambino or a A+ level 4 from XP medical in any position..

Don't try this with any cheap diaper

I think you'll have the best luck standing. To get technical, if you're large enough to leak when oriented upwards, you'll need to point down. If you're not so big, upwards will get more use out of the diaper as gravity will cause downward dribble. You'll probably work out what is the best for you.

As noted above, side and stomach wetting are some of the more risky approaches, so be careful as you experiment. Some kind of of pad might be helpful until you really get a handle on it.

zipperless said:
Welcome cuddlekitty46! We are a support group and help each other whenever we can. For your question, basically when you lie on your side you will more than likely leak. Lying on your stomach can cause leaks if there's too much liquid or depending on your position. Ironically, most people have a hard time wetting when lying down. You mention you can only buy store bought diapers and they're really not the best. When you can get diapers online (better diapers), then you will have less leaks.

What are some of your other interests?

i was reading about wetting whie laying on the bed and someone said that if you properly lay on the back, the flow will redirect into the back and prevent leaks, so i gave it a shot. i put a raincoat on the bed for protection and it saved me a lot of trouble today when my iD diaper leaked. and i actually did buy my first stash online (i'm way too shy to buy them off the shelf, and i don't have a car to go to the store anyway). here were i live, i can order them online, then give money to the delivery guy when he gets here. the problem is, i can only do that when ordering from local stores, so XP medical, amazon, Bambino, and all the other places are out of the question :( i can only buy attends, iD, abena, and drynites. there's a store that sells tena, but they don't have them in size S, and it says on their website that the packaging clearly reveals what's inside.

about my other interests, i like computers and video games. by the way, i love the community here. everyone is so nice and supporting. it really makes me feel comfortable here :)

I have a problem wetting laying down all together, same with void...

DannyBBaby said:
I'm a bed wetter and sleep on my back. I use cloth diapers I find I have a lot less leaks, and with cloth you can use booster pads that help a lot

so if i lay on the back i should be fine? i don't really want to use cloth diapers, because i like the way how disposables feel, and i live with my parents, so it would be a bit risky using them, with all the requiered washing and drying. thanks for the tip :)

anned said:
Aimed down I can wet a prevail PM, Bambino or a A+ level 4 from XP medical in any position..

Also I'd point out that this works because the diaper has a much higher capacity to start with. Side-sleeping is only going to let you use 1/3 of your diaper's capacity before leaking, so you (A) have to start out with a high capacity diaper and (B) not use it much / change more often. Guessing anned is only getting 1 or 2 wettings safely? Out of a possible 5-6 for the typical bambino while laying on your back.

So yep, you can do it, but there are limits. And you're going to go through a lot more diapers. (that are themselves, more expensive) So there's a significant added cost.

I have a very strict rule against wetting while lying down. I just don't want to get comfortable doing it, since I almost never sleep protected and have a wife that would never allow it. So, I'll wet while standing or even sitting, but never while lying down. I'm afraid of setting a precedent my body will get too used too.

-RMS

The only diaper you can sleep safely on your side is cloth.you are almost guarantee to leak.they put very little side protection in disposables.

anned said:
It depends on the diaper.

are you talking about the x-plus 4 abena? because i'm gonna buy them next week when i get the money. but they only have them cloth backed. are they still worth it? everyone here seems to hate cloth backed and i only had plastic backed so far

I have not done a cloth abena only the plastic but I flood as much as 1100 ml into mine and they are just fine. I know generally the volume that my bladder puts out because I also cath 5 times a day. Although I have been hearing that abena's been lowering the quality of there diapers and like I say mine are the plastic ones.

As previously covered here your diaper of choice is important. however what I find useful if I wake to wet, is that lying on my side with my upper knee slightly bent which allows me to lean slightly towards my stomach. I have never leaked in this position on a first wetting and I find it much easier to wet in this position see images.[ ATTACH=CONFIG]24434[/ATTACH]Photo on 08-07-2015 at 19.58 #2.jpg

Attachments

• Photo on 08-07-2015 at 19.58.jpg
    Photo on 08-07-2015 at 19.58.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 46
Disposables, I wouldn't wet sitting. The liquid needs to spread to the padding in the back or else you'll just leak. Laying on your side in reusables and cloths, I know is best.

Irisheyes said:
As previously covered here your diaper of choice is important. however what I find useful if I wake to wet, is that lying on my side with my upper knee slightly bent which allows me to lean slightly towards my stomach. I have never leaked in this position on a first wetting and I find it much easier to wet in this position

thanks for the tip. i just put on a nice attends S10 and i'm gonna try this as soon as i can. by the way, which diaper are you wearing on the picture? it looks like you need a size bigger :)

I'm wearing the new Tena slip plus cotton backed. Na they fit perfect I just slapped that one on any old way. they're a great fitting diaper

It really depends on what diaper you use. I only wear in bed at night, so 95% of the time I am lying down. When I used disposables they seemed to leak often no matter how I was laying. On my back leaked less, but still was kind of hit and miss. Once I started using cloth and PUL pants, most of the time I could be in any position and not leak, at least the first two times I wet. After I've wet two times (which is the norm for me overnight) I've got to be careful. If I'm on my back, I can wet at least once more, sometimes twice before there is any concern about leaking. If I'm on my side or tummy the third time, I leak about 50% of the time. On the rare occasions where I wet a 4th time I have to be on my back. I use homemade cloth pocket diapers with terry inserts and use PUL pants for my cover.

I know you said you don't like cloth, so your best bet is to stay away from the store brands and go with Abena or Molicare. Those were my favorite disposables as I had fewer problems with them. I've not used either for several years since going to cloth so I don't know if or how they have changed as far as function goes. With disposables I used to wake up just enough to turn onto my back, then after I wet I could turn on my side and not have much of a problem. But after one wetting I had to be on my back to wet again, and about 75% of the time had a leak even then. After the second time, assuming there was no leak, I could not wet any more. I did start using PUL pants over my disposables, and that helped keep betting dry, but of course did not prevent the disposable diaper from leaking.

So my final opinion is that lying on ones back is the way to go to help prevent leaks. It's not 100% but in my experience it's less likely for a leak to occur.

So there's my two cents. :)

I prefer plastic by far but I think it's familiarity I never seen cloth or cloth backed disposable nappies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back