Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which position to wet in

Default which position to wet in

hi i'm new here and that's my first post.
    so i was wondering what is the best position to lay in while wetting in bed without leaking. i tried doing it laying on the stomach and on the side, but i always got a leak half way through. i never lay on my back because i don't like it, so that's not really a welcome option for me. currently i have a stash of attends slip regular S10 and iD slip super and they both leaked, even tho i had a good fit. now i'm thinking about getting some abena abri form x-plus S4. i'm currently on my first stash, so i don't know a lot about all this, and i have a very limited selection, because i can't buy from amazon or anywhere else but local online stores. abena, iD, and attends are all i can choose from. i'm looking forward to your replies (:

Welcome cuddlekitty46! We are a support group and help each other whenever we can. For your question, basically when you lie on your side you will more than likely leak. Lying on your stomach can cause leaks if there's too much liquid or depending on your position. Ironically, most people have a hard time wetting when lying down. You mention you can only buy store bought diapers and they're really not the best. When you can get diapers online (better diapers), then you will have less leaks.

What are some of your other interests?
    Last edited by Scaramouche; 27-Jun-2015 at 05:05.

Welcome to the site!

Unfortunately there aren't too many options on positions with what you listed. Only thing I could really say is while standing up if you are really against laying back. On your stomach and side are much more likely to leak like zipperless added. Hope to see you around more

I'm a bed wetter and sleep on my back. I use cloth diapers I find I have a lot less leaks, and with cloth you can use booster pads that help a lot

It depends on the diaper.

Aimed down I can wet a prevail PM, Bambino or a A+ level 4 from XP medical in any position..

Don't try this with any cheap diaper

I think you'll have the best luck standing. To get technical, if you're large enough to leak when oriented upwards, you'll need to point down. If you're not so big, upwards will get more use out of the diaper as gravity will cause downward dribble. You'll probably work out what is the best for you.

As noted above, side and stomach wetting are some of the more risky approaches, so be careful as you experiment. Some kind of of pad might be helpful until you really get a handle on it.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Welcome cuddlekitty46! We are a support group and help each other whenever we can. For your question, basically when you lie on your side you will more than likely leak. Lying on your stomach can cause leaks if there's too much liquid or depending on your position. Ironically, most people have a hard time wetting when lying down. You mention you can only buy store bought diapers and they're really not the best. When you can get diapers online (better diapers), then you will have less leaks.

What are some of your other interests?
    i was reading about wetting whie laying on the bed and someone said that if you properly lay on the back, the flow will redirect into the back and prevent leaks, so i gave it a shot. i put a raincoat on the bed for protection and it saved me a lot of trouble today when my iD diaper leaked. and i actually did buy my first stash online (i'm way too shy to buy them off the shelf, and i don't have a car to go to the store anyway). here were i live, i can order them online, then give money to the delivery guy when he gets here. the problem is, i can only do that when ordering from local stores, so XP medical, amazon, Bambino, and all the other places are out of the question i can only buy attends, iD, abena, and drynites. there's a store that sells tena, but they don't have them in size S, and it says on their website that the packaging clearly reveals what's inside.

about my other interests, i like computers and video games. by the way, i love the community here. everyone is so nice and supporting. it really makes me feel comfortable here (:

I have a problem wetting laying down all together, same with void...

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBBaby View Post
    I'm a bed wetter and sleep on my back. I use cloth diapers I find I have a lot less leaks, and with cloth you can use booster pads that help a lot
    so if i lay on the back i should be fine? i don't really want to use cloth diapers, because i like the way how disposables feel, and i live with my parents, so it would be a bit risky using them, with all the requiered washing and drying. thanks for the tip (:

Quote Originally Posted by anned View Post
    Aimed down I can wet a prevail PM, Bambino or a A+ level 4 from XP medical in any position..

Don't try this with any cheap diaper
    Also I'd point out that this works because the diaper has a much higher capacity to start with. Side-sleeping is only going to let you use 1/3 of your diaper's capacity before leaking, so you (A) have to start out with a high capacity diaper and (B) not use it much / change more often. Guessing anned is only getting 1 or 2 wettings safely? Out of a possible 5-6 for the typical bambino while laying on your back.

So yep, you can do it, but there are limits. And you're going to go through a lot more diapers. (that are themselves, more expensive) So there's a significant added cost.