Unbelievably frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

saix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
UUUUUGGGGHHHH!
So Ive been talking with a supplier.In the past they sent me a sample for the molicare super plus which was plastic backed and perfect for me.
before that I was using cloth backed disposables and had leaks and never felt secure so the plastic backed ones were amazing to me I was really pleased
wore the samples on 2 seperate outings both times held up amazingly well continued to be super happy decide to order a pack.
pack arrives today. I open it. cloth backed......
call supplier and find out that molicare has now totally switched to cloth backed along with every single other supplier it is now physically impossible to get plastic backed diapers from my supplier and apparently Im in the minority because everyone else loves cloth backed
they say the samples I recieved must have been from old stock and now ill just have to see how I go with the cloth backed ones
suggested booster pads or plastic pants and it seems that plastic pants may end up being necessary but Im so upset about this
seems that every time I take the smallest step forwards with the incontinence I take a huge one back.. goddamn it

Sorry to hear that ,but there are plenty of suppliers still making plastic backed diapers such as XP Medical with their Absorbency plus and Northshore with the Northshore Supreme(not the air supreme) to name a few.

not in australia and not from my supplier which i have to use
and adding even more to this day from hell the sizing for the sample of mediums i recieved started at 70 cm whereas these cloth backed ones start at 90 so with me having a 80cm waist these are too big
damn everything today woke up with horrible pelvic pain and now everything is screwed
ok supplier talked with manufacturer so it seems that while they have changed what the sizing says on the packet its still the same fit so it should fit and if I downgrade to small ill lose a litre and a half of absorbancy and probably end up leaking so ill have to see how I go with it

Can you change suppliers? I know your frustration because I have to wear and the cloth-like disposables are just not as comfortable to me. Molicare used to be a good diaper, but not only have they gone towards the cloth-like cover, but they have also become thinner and less absorbent.

Spaz said:
Can you change suppliers? I know your frustration because I have to wear and the cloth-like disposables are just not as comfortable to me. Molicare used to be a good diaper, but not only have they gone towards the cloth-like cover, but they have also become thinner and less absorbent.

I have to use this supplier and I will say they are a good one
they are very helpful and I get free delivery. changing supplier isnt possible anyway due to how things are set up and even if it were possible plastic backed still wouldnt be an option and Id be spending ten times more

babymt said:
Sounds like you need to catch a break. It's a shame you can't use other suppliers.

Australia generally sounds like the range of diapers is not great anyway from what you and others have said before.

I hope you find a solution that works well for you soon. I'm sorry that all I can send you are my best wishes.

probably end up needing plastic pants but today has just been awful been on the brink of tears Its just hell for me today

Can you get dry 24/7's from your supplier they are still plastic backed

Rob110 said:
Can you get dry 24/7's from your supplier they are still plastic backed

no its an Australian supplier that buys the products by the container
http://caremmunitystore.com.au/Products/3/133
this is what they have and the person I talked to on the phone said Im one of about 5 who prefer plastic backed out of hundreds if not thousands of customers

that was stupid of them to send you a sample of an old product line when the current product line has a significant difference - the point of the sample is to see if you like it AS IS. I'd be insisting on a refund or a replacement with a different product of your choice.

if all they will do is refund you, get a refund for BOTH the order AND the sample (if you had to pay for it) since the sample didn't do it's job either.

bambinod said:
that was stupid of them to send you a sample of an old product line when the current product line has a significant difference - the point of the sample is to see if you like it AS IS. I'd be insisting on a refund or a replacement with a different product of your choice.

if all they will do is refund you, get a refund for BOTH the order AND the sample (if you had to pay for it) since the sample didn't do it's job either.

the sample was free
they do free delivery on everything
the thing is this is probably going to have to be the product I use in the future Im very upset since I thought Id found a product that worked for me then found out that now there are no plastic backed products in australia anymore
apparently im part of the tiny tiny tiny minority that likes plastic
asking for a refund would do nothing Ive already used one but Im going to have to use this supplier in the future and this is the best product they have so I just need to put up with it they were helpful and understanding over the phone Im just still upset

babymt said:
Are the depends not plastic backed? I know they suck, but in Canada they are still plastic backed

I asked if anything they stocked was plastic backed now and they said no
from what little I know australian depends are now only cloth backed as well

Since diapers can not be returned once the box is opened you can get a refund for this order and try them free. Unless of course insurance is paying and then you will end up with endless grief.

not worth pursuing a refund Im just very upset about the situation

Hello, I understand. My old suppler sent me cloth backed diapers at one time (I am in the US). The material seemed to wick the urine to the outer cover. Some how the outer cover was always wet. The plastic outer shell just seems more secure. I had to get a prescription that ordered a specific brand and have him mark the box "Dispense as written" so they couldn't give me any other brand. Thankfully it worked and I ended up with Wings Choice Plus. But they are thin so I need to wear two at once while cutting slits in the inner diaper's plastic backing. But I also buy diapers out of pocket. One reason is because my insurance company doesn't give me enough for the whole month. I run short and so have to pay cash. So since I am paying cash, I buy quality. And I wear the quality ones when going out as one time I wore Wings diapers out the inner layer pulled away from the plastic and all the diaper fluff fell out onto the floor. VERY embarrassing as it happened in front of the food store, and didn't help the wind then blew it around. Everyone was pointing and some were laughing. So now anytime I leave the house, I wear a quality diaper that won't fail me like that. But unlike the insurance company diapers, I can buy the brand I want. My go to quality diapers is the Wellness Briefs Superio line, or the Abena Level 4's. I found my Abena's on Amazon. I found a guy who sells them for just 20.00 a pack of 12 with free shipping. Lowest price I have EVER seen them sold for. Anyway, just wanted to say I totally relate to how the plastic backed works best, and how for some reason others want the cloth backed. I think people are choosing the cloth backed for quietness over effectiveness. They don't want people to hear the diaper and are willing to have it leak over being heard. Sad world we live in where we would rather have a leaky diaper than have it rustle a bit but hold it all.

-Baby Stanley

I can admit that there are a few advantages to cloth backed the main one being that they are easy to retape but I really dislike them. they are certainly better than nothing but I dont feel secure the fit changes a lot ill put one on and then have to retape an hour later because it doesnt fit properly anymore
every single time I wet I immediatly have to check myself to make sure Im not leaking and its just awful
when a company is producing multiple products I believe that they should make at least one plastic backed instead they just all seem to have said that cloth backed is a 100% improvement in every way so everyone who likes plastic gets the short end of the stick apparently Im a tiny tiny tiny minority that prefers plastic over cloth so Im stuck with products that give me more anxiety than they do comfort
Ive only ever worn maybe 6 plastic backed but every single one fit me much better than my cloth backed were more comfortable and didnt leak nor made me feel like I was going to leak so finding out that im stuck with cloth backed is just a crippling blow

Hi Saix.
Sorry to hear about your disappointment in available products. I am not IC, and obviously therefore have the choice of wearing when I feel like it, but like you, I strongly prefer the plastic backed products.

Yes, it does appear that the main trends are for all the manufacturers to run to cloth-backed, but it does appear that there might be some hope yet for us plastic-fans. I recall iD Slip returned with a plastic backed product sometime after initially going all cloth backed. Then Tena in Europe have released their new Tena Slip Classic, or whatever it is called. A hybrid diaper if you will, with traditional plastic backed Tena where the protection is most needed, and then the more breathable fabric bits on the sides.

With regards to getting more performance from your diapers, do you have the chance to use booster pads? For the sagging of the fabric-backed diapers, I find a nice fitting boxer brief over the top holds it in place nicely...

Andrew

Soakingboy said:
Hi Saix.
Sorry to hear about your disappointment in available products. I am not IC, and obviously therefore have the choice of wearing when I feel like it, but like you, I strongly prefer the plastic backed products.

Yes, it does appear that the main trends are for all the manufacturers to run to cloth-backed, but it does appear that there might be some hope yet for us plastic-fans. I recall iD Slip returned with a plastic backed product sometime after initially going all cloth backed. Then Tena in Europe have released their new Tena Slip Classic, or whatever it is called. A hybrid diaper if you will, with traditional plastic backed Tena where the protection is most needed, and then the more breathable fabric bits on the sides.

With regards to getting more performance from your diapers, do you have the chance to use booster pads? For the sagging of the fabric-backed diapers, I find a nice fitting boxer brief over the top holds it in place nicely...

Andrew

booster pads are an option but truth be told it adds to the price and I just wish It didnt have to come to the point where I needed them
since im left with no choice ill probably use moilcare super plus cloth backed and Ill see how they do without boosters but Im still upset

I wear boxers over my diapers and I guess ill just once again see how I go

I can't stand cloth backed. Leaking is a huge fear of mine. But it has happened! :damnpc:
I use Bambino Diapers but those are prolly way too expensive. I don't wear that often but I have serious empathy for you. Do you guys have public healthcare in Australia like the UK? If so maybe your diapers could get covered by insurance? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back