Bringing diapers on a plane ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I am wondering how does anyone travel wearing 24/7 with diapers?

Do I need to pack an extra check on bag with my diapers in it. I will only be gone for a week so I might not need no more than two packs of Bambinos. I don't think I will have room in my suitcase for them. Or should I buy some in Wisconsin where I am going? Anyone there know a place that sells adult diapers? I looked a local supply stores there online but I am not sure which ones sell adult diapers. Or I can just buy a pack at Walgreens or something and wear crappy brands like Certainty.

If anyone here knows a place in Milwaukee Wisconsin or in the area can tell me?

Order some from Gary at XP Medical I have him ship to alot of hotels where I have stayed at with no issues and they will be there when you arrive just get the fed ex 2 day air and you are guaranteed 1-3 day delivery time and you can track them in real time also.
here is how you do it to address the package
first and last name ------your name (GUEST)
Hotel Name ---------Ramada Inn Downtown Milwaukee
Hotel address ------100 some street downtown
City and state zip Milwaukee Wisconsin or WI 54000 or something near that
give YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER in the phone section for any issues
and bada bang bada boom you got diapers at the hotel in a professionally packed brown box with a nicely appointed clean address label
and take to your room and stay dry and leave the stress of travel and incontinence at home and enjoy your travels
hope this helps out

Reactions: Orcaway
For the flying side of things, I don't wear out of necessity but I've flown cross-country about 12 times already this year and worn each time. Basically:

- Don't expect to change on the plane, they often don't like it if you take bags with you into the lavatories. Longest flight across the US is like 6 hours. If a premium diaper can't last you that long then cut back on your fluid consumption a few hours before flying.

- Be considerate of other passengers. e.g. wear a long shirt, don't hydrate with coffee, don't eat asparagus the day before the flight, etc. Bring plastic bags with you for diaper disposal in the bathroom trash if you change at the airport.

- Don't have a wet diaper when going through security. The x-ray backscatter machines will probably pick it up and flag it as suspicious. Dry diapers will get through just fine though.

- If you have a layover and plan to change then, make sure you allocate enough time (it always takes longer than you think). Also realize that it sucks running through an airport with a wet diaper (chafing), or even a dry diaper (sweating).

Keeping all of those things in mind, my usual strategy is to pack 2 premium diapers in my carry on bags. I'll wear a cheap pullup through security, then use the restroom and change into a diaper shortly before my plane starts boarding. Pull-ups are nice because you can tear the sides off to remove without having to take off shoes/pants.

No I am not incontinent. I think I might buy some diapers over there. I don't want to pay high on shipping. If my husband has enough room in his bag, I can have him pack extra diapers in there for me or something and try and fit as much in there as we can and maybe write down all the medical supply store addresses and look in them over there since my husband has GPS on his phone. I think I will figure something out. Or just stop at a Walgreens there. They're everywhere. But thanks guys.

Most online supplier have free shipping in North America, and remember diapers can get heavy when you get a weeks worth in one suite case and the airlines charge a lot of heavy baggage

When we fly to Disney next year I will ship a case or 2 to our hotel ahead of time.

Do try to remember that you can pack an extra bag for carry on with your diapers and declare it as a medical bag and they can not charge you for it. And yes I realize you are not incontinent but they don't and don't have time or authority to bust your hump and debate it with you. Have a great trip!

Tetra said:
Do try to remember that you can pack an extra bag for carry on with your diapers and declare it as a medical bag and they can not charge you for it. And yes I realize you are not incontinent but they don't and don't have time or authority to bust your hump and debate it with you. Have a great trip!

Declaring a "Medical Bag" when not medically required, is not only lying but theft as well.

You don't even have to declare it. I carry two spares, wipes, plastic bags, and A+D in my backpack. The only thing they cared about was the A+D was not above 3oz, but when they saw the diapers they gave my backpack back.

jambi66441 said:
Declaring a "Medical Bag" when not medically required, is not only lying but theft as well.

And you don't consider the "airfare" theft! In the first four months of 2015 with the lower fuel prices( the cost of a barrel of petroleum) Airlines admit they made an additional profit of greater than 7 billion dollars yet individual ticket prices only fell on average of 38 cents per ticket. Are you kidding me? And with the increase in luggage fees not included in that. And also consider there attempt to change the size (as in make it smaller and lighter) all carry-on luggage thereby making all current carry- one obsolete and needing to be replaced unless you paid them $ 20. 00 ( IT WAS DUE TO GLOBAL OUTRAGE THAT IT DID NOT HAPPEN) And when we talk about theft and lying how about all those lives lost in the Alps! Suicide is tragic. Homicide is criminal don't you think that pilot could have reached out for help or kept it to himself with a bottle of pills and alcohol! The passengers did not book there trips to be murdered! Two wrongs do not make a right but how about the fleecing of the flying public and the slaughter of innocents compared to fibbing about a bag.lets hear your theory on that Iambic? And how about you declare are you ABDL or are you incontinent? Come out of the closet my friend!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tetra said:
And you don't consider the "airfare" theft! In the first four months of 2015 with the lower fuel prices( the cost of a barrel of petroleum) Airlines admit they made an additional profit of greater than 7 billion dollars yet individual ticket prices only fell on average of 38 cents per ticket. Are you kidding me? And with the increase in luggage fees not included in that. And also consider there attempt to change the size (as in make it smaller and lighter) all carry-on luggage thereby making all current carry- one obsolete and needing to be replaced unless you paid them $ 20. 00 ( IT WAS DUE TO GLOBAL OUTRAGE THAT IT DID NOT HAPPEN) And when we talk about theft and lying how about all those lives lost in the Alps! Suicide is tragic. Homicide is criminal don't you think that pilot could have reached out for help or kept it to himself with a bottle of pills and alcohol! The passengers did not book there trips to be murdered! Two wrongs do not make a right but how about the fleecing of the flying public and the slaughter of innocents compared to fibbing about a bag.lets hear your theory on that Iambic? And how about you declare are you ABDL or are you incontinent? Come out of the closet my friend!
1. Please stay on topic
2. Read my profile/Previous Posts before making assumptions
3. Check you're PM. If you have a issue with me. Which you obviously do. Lets keep it between us, not the community which you are fairly new too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob110 said:
Most online supplier have free shipping in North America, and remember diapers can get heavy when you get a weeks worth in one suite case and the airlines charge a lot of heavy baggage

When we fly to Disney next year I will ship a case or 2 to our hotel ahead of time.

I will only be gone a week.

My daily wearers are in my check in and i have not had an issue with that. But do remember $25 -$30 a bag or if it goes above 50lbs its a $50 - $100 overweight fee. Pack two bags if its close.

I have packed Bambino diapers when flying. It was not enough to wear 24/7 but enough to have for a few day trip. I also wear a Tranquility Pull On diaper through the airport so I can wear it during the flight. I have never had any issues with security.

I came back from our trip and I ended up buying some there at Walgreens. Then we threw away a half opened pack because we didn't have room in our backpacks and suitcases to put them all in when it was time to fly home.

Was wondering about this also as I have a trip coming up for my birthday and plan on being in nappies for a lot of it. Does anyone have experience of travelling in Europe with nappies, I think I will skip using ab brands to save possible embarrassments were I to be searched throughly. I'm not incontinent and only travelling for less than a week so I don't really foresee any issues with weight

Hi justabloke.
It depends where in Europe you will be traveling. If the airports use the fancy hands-above-your-head x-Ray thingy machines, just make sure you are in a dry nappy. They might still give you a pat down afterwards. They will generally be understanding should they accidently come across some bulk around the private parts. I tend to wait until I have passed through security to put nappies on for flights, but there are times when traveling around Europe that the security screening is only done at the gate, rather than when you pass through the passport check and into departures terminal.

I have to say I have had my hand luggage checked at security only when traveling I get ally in Europe. Never does the American TSA pull me aside to go through my carry-on bag. I often travel with carry-on only, so there are nappies in there. I keep them wrapped up in plastic bags, and if the security staff get that nosy, as they get to the bag I whisper something like - "I would appreciate some discretion, the bag contains medical supplies". It has resulted in a confused look on their faces, but as they glance in, they quickly put it back, as embarrassed as me...!? :)
You will be fine. Be respectful of those around you, and those trying to keep the sky safe, and all will be fine.
A.

so in the past 4 years I have flown countless trips around the the world for work some 800k worth of points and am platinum status Have traveled to US 7 different states, 15 Europe countries, Asia 6 countries, NZ from Australia and have worn a nappy on every flight and worn them in every hotel. Never once have i been stopped. My major stash is in checked in bag but usually in my carry on I have a spare nappy wrapped in a jumper or towel. That way if you need to change on a flight you just get out your jumper from you bag in the over head luggage and take that to the toilet with you and change. i usually then put my used nappy in a bag and wrap back in my jumper and put it back in the overhead locker as I find the bins in the toilets will not always fit a wet diaper. Another trick is plastic pants sealed on the side and + prevents you wetting the seat if you leak. They sometime beep through the xray machine but I just get pulled aside and say im incontinent and wearing a nappy. Be honest have nothing to hide and they will respect you. No one has ever questioned my nappy in my carry on bag even though you can see it if you look yourself at the image they are looking at. When I land I usually dump my dirty nappy into a bin either in the toilet or at the airport on my way to collect my bag.
I would not wear cloth nappies and pins as that could create some issues. Hotels I jsut put my nightly nappy in the bin wrapped up for room service to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back