Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should my first diaper be?

Default What should my first diaper be?

Abena M4? Bambino Classicos or Bellisimos? Shipping has to be discreet, thick diaper, soft and absorbent. Any advice?

Of those, I'd go with Bellissimos. However, if you have the money and the time, I think there's something to be said for working your way up from less impressive products and seeing what is good and bad about them to make a more informed decision about the good stuff. I'm not a huge fan of Abenas but I know people who swear by them, and sometimes the reasons people like things can be nearly the reasons I dislike a diaper. They're pretty personal, so it pays to try a variety. This place is pretty good for sample packs if you're not committed to buying deep in one thing:

All 3 of those are good choices. I'd say that the Abena M4 is the best deal in "premium" diapers, but it doesn't have an ABDL print if that matters to you. Bambino Bellissimo adds a little bit of bulk and capacity for a substantial increase in price over the Classico, which is a plenty good diaper in its own right. If you're looking at diapers with this level of capacity, consider also the Snuggies Waddler Overnight, which is on par with the best and priced competitively with them.

If you're looking for the cheapest decent ABDL diaper, go with the regular Snuggies Waddler. Capacity is noticeably lower, but it's a quality design and it's priced like an Abena M3.

We have reviews of most major diapers in our Diaper Reviews section.

Abena isn't bad, but they aren't that good. The fit will fail after awhile especially if you're walking around. The plastic isn't strong and you can't adjust them much. The Bambinos on the other hand, is easily adjustable and great to get a good fit. The plastic shell is a bit tougher, and the taping panel on the front is great and allows for more adjustments as needed.

I would recommend Bambinos, and throw Dry 24/7 in to the mix. They are an awesome diaper. They have more capacity than Abena and swell quite nicely and the padding doesn't fall apart as much as bad as Abena.

Belssimos, however, have a higher capacity than Dry 24/7. Belssimos are about $100 per case of 48 diapers. Dry 24/7 is $108 for 72. Dry 24/7 has a better value overall when purchased per case.

You all ready had your first one the few minutes after your born.
    Lol .

For you first one ever I'd imagine you'd want it to be white and as babyish as possible. THink about adding stickers to the front.

Well it's not my 'first' per say but the other two or three times were low quality depends and other generic brands that are super thin. I drink close to two gallons of water a day so I've been curious to the quality of some of the more renowned ABDL Diapers on sale. The Box it comes in has to be non-descript and not give away any details . If there was a picture of recluse I a dictionary, I would be it because I'm very discreet when it comes to practicing my DL tendencies.

Appreciate it guys.

Bambino and xpmedical both ship very discretely.

As I don't care for the fit of Abena or Bambino, I vote Dry 24/7. Medium Dry 24/7's fit me well at $1.46 each by the case from xpmedical. You can also try Abena from them. They also sell boosters if you really want thick. Bambino also sells a single booster size that swells significantly.

For softness and comfort, Bambino beats Abena. Abena is just a medical diaper in a high capacity. The padding starts out hard. Both Bambinos are a decent choice for thickness. If you are going for thickness, may as well go for the top one or a case of each. Personally, I could not always have time to use a Bellisimos anywhere near capacity and often wanted to have a lower grade diaper available. With the price of their larges by the case, costs $2.09 each for Bellisimos or $1.66 each for classicos. Then again, with drinking that much water, you may have an easier time getting your money's worth. Any way you choose, you will have thick and absorbent.
    Last edited by Jeremiah; 24-Jun-2015 at 10:50. Reason: Mention Bambino boosters out of fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by Duality View Post
    I drink close to two gallons of water a day
    I just looked up "water intoxication" on wikipedia to see if that was risky, but it doesn't look like it. It says that healthy kidneys can pull out up to one liter of water per hour. I didn't realize that was so high. (though I can recall cases where it seems I was running to the bathroom every 20 minutes...)