Gopro 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lestat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Was not sure where to put this. But my friend across the street had me order the go pro 3 a few month ago. I was impressed. So before Fathers day I order the Go pro 4. I hope to mount it in the front of a atv helmet.

Bit of a random thread and I'm not too sure what to post. But nice :) I've never had a gopro before. My 1986 VHS camcorder does all my video work for me :) Bit annoying to carry it round since it weighs a ton but it has great quality video.

Ha! I'd love to see a pic of that camcorder you lug around- I'd love to get my paws on one, but they're hard to find in decent shape these days. Might have to resort to Beta tape.

StripesTheSkunk said:
Ha! I'd love to see a pic of that camcorder you lug around- I'd love to get my paws on one, but they're hard to find in decent shape these days. Might have to resort to Beta tape.

It's not in perfect condition, I paid about $100 for it a few months ago. It has problems with the sensor and colour production. National NV-M5A

IMG_2750.JPG IMG_2751.JPG

Oh and if you're wondering about that light rectangle of foam, that's because the old foam for the microphone has decintigrated :)

Yeah- the microphone "fuzz" always seems to disintegrate in even modest temps and conditions. My "Hey You Pikachu" VMU Mic Foam started thinning and falling apart with minimum use about 10 years ago- when the thing was ~8 years old.

Also- does the battery (somehow) work, or do you have to carry a cable too? :p

StripesTheSkunk said:
Yeah- the microphone "fuzz" always seems to disintegrate in even modest temps and conditions. My "Hey You Pikachu" VMU Mic Foam started thinning and falling apart with minimum use about 10 years ago- when the thing was ~8 years old.

Also- does the battery (somehow) work, or do you have to carry a cable too? :p

Battery is long dead. I have to carry around a massive power supply around with it ^_^ . I think I can still get a new battery for it so I'll see if I can get a hold of one. I'd love to get a battery and be able to take it around with me outside.

You could try recelling it, if you're comfortable with working on them.

StripesTheSkunk said:
You could try recelling it, if you're comfortable with working on them.

Yeah I'm really not comfortable with taking it apart. I really want to just use it as a normal camera but the issues (apparently with the sensor) mean that the camera can't produce red, has slightly messed up colours anyway and randomly flickers from b&w to colour.

I will stick to the go pro nice video and good sound. It also great in low light. Battery last about 3 hours.

I bought an SJCAM SJ4000 the other day. Cost me $140NZD (including shipping). Really really good quality go-pro knockoff at a fraction of the price ;)

Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back