Godzilla Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinkyBoi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Anyone else into the Godzilla franchise? Not just the most recent American movies, but the B-rated Japanese movies all the way back to the original 1954 movie.

I'm getting started myself and have seen both American movies (1998 and 2014) but decided to expand my experience of this franchise into the depths of the past. I've only seen Godzilla Raids Again, 10 minutes of All Monsters Attack, Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, Godzilla vs King Ghidorah, and Giant Monsters All Out Attack.

I'm going to watch Godzilla vs Mothra and Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II today. Any recommendations of any other Godzilla movies to watch and or avoid?

Also, what's your favorite? Mines GMK (All Out Attack) so far. Vs King Ghidorah came close, but wasn't as good.

Life-long Godzilla fan! They were shown on commercial TV quite often in the 70's when I was a little kid. One of my earliest recurring nightmares was a Godzilla monster stomping down my street crushing homes along the way. I'd alway wake up just before it got to our house.

I love Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla and Godzilla vs Mothra - especially for the tiny ladies and their haunting Mothra song :)

Another big Godzilla fan here. I remember vividly watching the old, Raymond Burr Godzilla movie. That movie was originally made in Japan after WW II, without R. Burr and of course, in Japanese. Burr was later added to the movie along with the English voice overs.

I love the silly, rubber suit B movies. My favorites are the ones that were shown on the Syfy network through their show, Mystery Science Theater 3000. I have some of those on DVD. I always get a kick watching the little children running no matter where they're going.

You should see some of the other Japanese movies such as Rodan. The cave scene is scary compared to any of the best movies.

There is nothing like the good old b movies. I do not care for the "modern" ones because it just does not do to make them "real"

Edward Taki is the voice and the bad acting and rubber suits is what makes them "the good" monster movies.

The only reason Hollywood has to re make them is because they have no original thoughts like the concept of the "original monster movies".

Love Godzilla, my favourite is still vs King Ghidora (1991) even though there have been many much better movies before and after.

Argent said:
Love Godzilla, my favourite is still vs King Ghidora (1991) even though there have been many much better movies before and after.

I just got done watching that one a couple nights ago...totally awesome!!!! Love the plot, character development. One of my top Godzilla movies so far.

I haven't seen any of the Japanese movies, but I'd like too. I like monster / horror movies. I've seen many of the very old monster movies made in the USA; and would love the chance to try out the Godzilla franchise.

Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla is my favorite. I still have the movies in VHS in my living room. I didn't know there was a Mechagodzilla 2 movie, i'll have to go see it some time.

So I watched Final Wars...holy guacamole...I feel like I just got done having an asexual audio and visual kaiju orgy. Definitely one of my favorites. I've heard a lot of bad things about Final Wars but I loved it.

i have all the new movies working on getting the old ones i have both the new and old anime series of godzilla i love that dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back