Thread: Orphan Black

Default Orphan Black

I think I'm one of the few people in the world watching Orphan Black, but I just though I'd ask if anyone else here was watching it.

I think it's one of the best shows on television. The series starts with a young woman, Sarah, returning home to see her daughter again. She arrives at the train station late at night and sees a woman who looks exactly like her throw herself in front of an oncoming train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrOYfbdOEbU

Sarah takes her purse and identity to steal her money. She discovers there are other people who are identical to her who have been trying to find out who they are and where they came from. Eventually they realize they are clones and that there is a conspiracy to kill them off.

The most amazing part of this show is the lead actress, Tatiana Maslany. She plays four different women who are clones, ranging from a hardened addict to a soccer mom, to a psychopath, to an academic. There are also other clones discovered throughout the seasons. She's so good in her portrayals you completely forget the different characters are all played by the same actress.The science of cloning is also apparently quite accurate. The show combines a mystery, suspense, horror, and comedy.

Anyway, I love this show, and I'm hoping to find an Orphan Black buddy here, or at least have a good thread devoted to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrunner View Post
    I think I'm one of the few people in the world watching Orphan Black, but I just though I'd ask if anyone else here was watching it.

I think it's one of the best shows on television. The series starts with a young woman, Sarah, returning home to see her daughter again. She arrives at the train station late at night and sees a woman who looks exactly like her throw herself in front of an oncoming train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrOYfbdOEbU

Sarah takes her purse and identity to steal her money. She discovers there are other people who are identical to her who have been trying to find out who they are and where they came from. Eventually they realize they are clones and that there is a conspiracy to kill them off.

The most amazing part of this show is the lead actress, Tatiana Maslany. She plays four different women who are clones, ranging from a hardened addict to a soccer mom, to a psychopath, to an academic. There are also other clones discovered throughout the seasons. She's so good in her portrayals you completely forget the different characters are all played by the same actress.The science of cloning is also apparently quite accurate. The show combines a mystery, suspense, horror, and comedy.

Anyway, I love this show, and I'm hoping to find an Orphan Black buddy here, or at least have a good thread devoted to the topic.
    I haven't even heard of this show, though it sounds great. Who's the channel provider?

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I haven't even heard of this show, though it sounds great. Who's the channel provider?
    Oh, jeez, I probably won't be much help here. I watch it on the Space Channel, which is the Canadian equivalent of the Syfy network in the U.S. I got several people addicted to this show and they usually watch it online, which is pretty much how they watch everything these days. I guess I'm just old school. I still have cable.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    It's on BBC America.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    It's on BBC America.
    Thanks Trevor. I get BBC America. I even told my wife about this today, so I do think it sounds interesting.