Are you cheap, thrifty or just plain miserly with your diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilMarky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Howdy y'all! I was just wondering if anyone else feels the same way I do on a certain subject. We all know how expensive ABDL diapers are, right? And sure, the non-babyish adult diapers are a bit less, but they're pretty expensive too. So I really try use them to their fullest (pun intended, pun always intended) just to get my money's worth. It has gotten to a point that it is inhibiting my desire to wear, because if I'm just gonna wet a two dollar diaper just once before I have to go adulting in the outside world, I hesitate, thinking of the economics of it. Especially when you know full well how much it will hold! Why waste it with just a single wetting?

So, any the Scrooge McDiapers out there? Do price or wastefulness play a role in you experience?

Price and wastefulness definitely play a part for me. I have to know I can wear each diaper for at least 6 hours before I will put one on. I also always wet at least once before changing out of it (this is rarely a problem).

Not really, but sometimes. Molicare Plus are super cheap from Staples (like, $0.60 ea), so if it's going to be a late evening change that's too close to bedtime, I'll use one of those to bridge the gap and not waste anything that's high capacity for an hour or two.

But otherwise, I'm fortunate enough to stay in NSC Supreme and Snuggies round-the-clock.

I suppose I am at least thrifty, although it's more a matter of using the proper diaper for the situation. I'm currently on a 24/7 bout, so there's no opting out until I decide to stop. Most work days, I don't spend a lot of time away from home, so I can wear something discreet and inexpensive. It's one of the slight flaws in my plan that I decide on a campaign of extended wear to reduce the overstock in my closet, but I wind up using cheaper diapers more often than the premium types that are really creating the backlog. Not the worst problem to have, I suppose.

I don't use my diapers on purpose often.. Once or twice a week. It's not like I'm trying to save, my diapers are pretty cheap - about $6 for a package (pack of 10).. I just don't feel like using them too often, I like to wet them at night at weekends. And during the week I feel too much stressed to enjoy diapers.. x__x

If I'm not on a binge I tend to only wear if I KNOW I'll get to the point of almost leaking. If I'm binging I'll wear even if it's just an hour or two. Even in a binge though I won't wear for just a short time if the day is indicating I'll need to sleep padded.

Thrifty I'd guess... I can well afford more than I use but am sure to use each as close to it's capacity as I can. Of course the wetter the better the diapers feel so costs are not the only factor.

Tungsten said:
Not really, but sometimes. Molicare Plus are super cheap from Staples (like, $0.60 ea), so if it's going to be a late evening change that's too close to bedtime, I'll use one of those to bridge the gap and not waste anything that's high capacity for an hour or two.

But otherwise, I'm fortunate enough to stay in NSC Supreme and Snuggies round-the-clock.

I would never have thought of Staples for diapers! And some were quite inexpensive.

Also? Love them Snuggies!

My wife is the thrifty one in our family, and as a result, we live retired with a few extra bucks to spend. I'm the musician and when I was young, and spent every thing I had, which wasn't much. When I got married, we were living at the poverty level, and it took years to pull out.

I wear cloth and that goes a lot further than disposables. I do wear Goodnites under my cloth so that I don't smell in the morning, something my wife appreciates. Plastic pants need to be replaced as well, but the cost is affordable. I'm a lot more careful about spending now than when I was young. With age comes wisdom, I suppose.

I make efforts to be efficient. It's not so much being thrifty for me as it is environmental concerns. I actually feel quite bad about the landfill impact of using diapers, and it eases my conscience a bit to know that I'm using them fully and saving multiple flushes of the toilet in the process. Throwing out an unused or barely used diaper (especially something particularly specialized for long-duration wear like a bellisimo) makes me feel like I'm just stacking a bunch of non-degrading plastic in a landfill somewhere for nothing.

I guess I am thrifty.

I do not wear all the time, so when I do wear, I like to be sure that I get at least several small or one big pee or poop. If a tape tears, I will use packing tape.

However, if something unexpected comes up, I have no problem taking a unused or little used diaper off and throwing it away.

I tend to be pretty thrifty. Some of what I do matters, some does not, but I'm generally in that mode all the time regardless, so I can do better with what I have. That being said, I tend to find sales hard to turn down. In all areas I tend to keep in mind what I need, and just bide my time. When I see a deal on something I've been looking into getting, I grab it while I can. That often saves me money. The local grocery store finished their remodeling and had some specials, like all 2L coke for $0.89. I think I ended up taking home about 2 dozen to stack in the pantry in the basement. Things like that. This doesn't mean I bite on any sale I see, it means I have a mental list of what I'll bite on IF it goes on sale. So when it does, I've already made the tough decision and can get it with confidence and careful consideration even if the window of opportunity is short. ("only today, save on xyz!")

So I have a hard time saying NO to a good diaper sale. Early in the year we saw sales from numerous diaper outlets, and as a result I really stocked up, mainly on Absorbency Plus and Confidry. I haven't seen a good sale in awhile now, (short of waddler price drops) and I'm happy to have gotten my stash built up at ~30% off earlier in the year since there are NO deals to be had right now. Running out of diapers with nothing on sale is something I try to avoid. Since they're a luxury item, making sure I always get a good deal on them helps me jsutify the expense.

It's all relative, isn't it. I'm extremely cheap (read: poor), thrifty and miserly regarding my diapers.

But wearing is the end-goal for me. If I can't merely wear a diaper for - say, 6-8 hours - I feel that I've squandered a perfectly good diaper.

I know that I'm in the minority but simply wearing diapers = comfort and comfort = goal :)

arcituthis said:
Price and wastefulness definitely play a part for me. I have to know I can wear each diaper for at least 6 hours before I will put one on. I also always wet at least once before changing out of it (this is rarely a problem).

Yep, I use the 6 hour rule here as well.

Consider yourself fortunate. My girlfriend lets me wear diapers, she both supports and encourages it, so I'm beyond lucky in that area. However, I'm not allowed to use the diapers at all, so unless I'm wearing alone, I'm throwing out unused diapers at the end of the day or when I wake up in the morning, whenever I'm wearing. Which is annoying but it's better than nothing. So yeah, enjoy it however you can.

I don't really wear or use diapers without my suit, but I do have a bit of advice for the environmentaly concerned. The effect will take hundreds of years to become noticed, and by then, we'll know how to deal with our past mistakes.

Yeah, I'd consider myself "miserly." I definitely don't have the slush-fund to use diapers as freely as I might like. Mostly because I like the ornate "play" diapers which are quite expensive to get in Canada ( I'm excited for when Snuggies Overnights finally make it across the border, I hope the price difference won't be too extreme).

I have a store brand diaper that is cheap, comfortable, fairly reliable, and readily available. I usually double-up with one of those underneath so my pretty diapers last more than one use (and who doesn't love the extra fluff). I definitely will not use a nice plastic-backed diaper if I know I can only wear it for an hour or two. They usually only come out when I'm 'baching for a weekend and can lounge around the house. I've only got one package of Fabines from before they changed their print, and so far it's my intention to make those ones last forever, haha!

I wont waste my plastic backed Tena slip maxi's,if i cant enjoy it the whole evening and night.Count me in on thrifty!I like the cloth backed because i can re-tape and they last longer.
Definitely a scrooge lol.

Hell no. If I'm paying for Dry 24/7s they're going be used as their name states(not really 24 hours, but 8-10hrs at least) no leaking no need to change immediately. I can usually tell from feel and weight when it's time to change before it'll start leaking.
Price of them hurts the deepest part of my heart, my wallet.

Well I invested about $9000 in my diapers plastic pants and onsies so I am either really cheap or dumb.you decide

I also spent about four months tweaking my sample diaper and onesies back and fourth until I got the perfect protection for my body size.the way I sit. And the way I transfer my weight.so somebody else might put on my diapers and say they are horrible and the fit Sufis but for me they are optimum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back