Does anyone remember the crib

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyBBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I remember my crib when I was very young.
it was a wooden crib with pink and blue ball on the top of it and had a picture of a sheep on the end of it.
I have a memory of lying in my crib and looking at the ball up at the top of my crib :wub:

Last edited:
The only reason I remember my crib is because my brother had to sleep in it after I grew old of it. It had white railing, and it was really tall (to me at least). Could never remember it in the detail you did, though.

the reason I remember the sheep on the out side of the crib is because my sister use it when I was 4.

I do remember mine, it had white railing, made of metal and I remember it because I used it as a bed in my early years

Yeah, it was made of polished wood and was bought brand new in 1991 shortly after my mom found out she was pregnant.

I remember mine, but vaguely. I was adopted at the age of two, and I remember my first bedroom. I also remember when I went from crib to my first bed, which is how I remember my crib. I remember that my dad painted my bedroom robin's egg blue, and I remember the headboard of my new, single bed, because my mom called it a Hollywood headboard. I think my crib was one of those old, wooden ones. I can remember her lowering the rail and getting me out in the morning. I can also remember being changed because she yelled at me one time. She said if I didn't stop squirming, she'd accidentally stick me with a diaper pin. Everyone used cloth diapers back then. Now, I still try not to stick myself...teehee.

I have vivid memories of me in my crib. Wonderful memories.

I can recall the color (gray) and general construction of my crib (old style drop-down sides) but only because my sister (5 years younger than me) also used the crib. I have no direct memory of my crib.

I really don't remember my crib or anything about it. I am pretty sure it was most likely to be wooden because usually most cribs from the 80's were plain and simple wood! I think I found the old motor to my crib mobil. I think it was an animal one too. I will try to find the motor again.

I remember it well. I had to sleep in it a few times after getting my big boy bed due to guests. Even though I was a just a little kid at the time and I threw a tantrum about having to sleep in the crib, I was already deeply divided internally.

My parents kept it around in the shed and I set it up a few times as a young teen. It was sturdy, white wood construction with a metal spring framework that was inserted to support the mattress. It creaked and sproinged in a scary way when overloaded with my weight. I don't think there was much risk of collapse but it still made me nervous, particularly when my ears were already perked to catch any sound of my parents coming home early. Good times as a young ABDL superspy!

My and my brother's crib were plain wood with drop down sides.. I remember my crib clearly as I slept in a crib until the age of 4 and many things from this period I do remember clearly.. I remember that both cribs had a lot of teeth marks on sides (from the time when we were teething XD) but even when I grew older I liked to bite it )
At the age of 4 (my brother was 3 at the time) our cribs disappeared, parents threw them to a junk yard or maybe gave to somebody..
Btw, I bit my "grownup" bed too! X3 It felt more "own" when it had my teeth marks )

I definitely remember mine. I used it up to the age of 5. I remember it was called a "six year crib" or something to that effect, and my parents were frugal, and used it to it's full extent! It was one of the old wooden ones, and I think it had sheep on the headboard or footboard also, but not sure. I remember climbing in and out of it with ease. Once I was in Kindergarten and had school friends over to the house, I got embarassed about it and that is when my parents got me a regular bed. I miss that crib now! This was in the 1960's.

I don’t remember my crib whatsoever, but I do remember my friend’s crib.

When I was 4 I had a friend, Chuckie, also 4, who lived across the street with his mother and grandmother.

I had never been in his house, when one day my mother asked Chuckie’s mother if she would watch me for the day. Chuck and I played in his front yard until we were called in for lunch. We walked in and Chuckie climbed straight into a highchair next to the table. Whoa! I’m a big boy and hadn’t been in a highchair for a very long time, so that was a bit of a shocker.

After lunch, Chuckie’s mother said it was nap time, and walked us to a bedroom. The room was obviously a nursery… crib, changing table, rocking chair, etc. I was oblivious until she asked me to sit on the rocking chair as she lifted Chuckie onto the changing table and removed Chuckie’s corduroy jeans. Chuckie was wearing a diaper and plastic pants!!! She proceeded to change him and lifted him straight from the changing table to the crib. She then turned her attention to me and asked if I needed to be changed for nap time. I told her I wore big boy underwear, but needed to use the bathroom.

When I got back to the room, Chuckie’s mother had laid several blankets on the rug for me to sleep on. As I laid down she asked if I wanted a bottle and when I said no (!!?!) she told me to go to sleep and left the room. I looked over at Chuckie and he was laying there in his crib, in a diaper and striped shirt, sucking on a bottle with his eyes closed. That’s when I checked out his crib… medium brown wood with pastel lamb decals on the headboard and matching pastel balls along the top rails.

When I awoke from my nap, Chuckie had traded his bottle for a pacifier at some point while we were sleeping. A few minutes later his mother came in, saw that I was awake, woke Chuckie up, changed him again, and put his corduroy jeans and tennis shoes back on. She then pulled the pacifier from his mouth and told us to go outside and play.

After that, I noticed that most of his t-shirts had snaps on the shoulder and occasionally would spy his plastic pants barely sticking out in the back when we played together. I always wanted to be invited in to Chuckie’s house again, but that was the only time. We moved a short time after that. I still remember the extreme feelings of confusion and envy.

I remember asking to sleep in the one used for my brother before he was born which they allowed. 'Twas wooden, not whitewashed, square, and cramped.

My parents bought my crib from Sears in late 1958. It was a wooden Stork Line crib (photographs are handy things!) with the cute decals on the end boards and the pastel balls across the top of one end. There were also white plastic teething rails; the Stork Line logo was stamped on these.

My brother used the crib after I outgrew it, I think. Some years ago, I found a used Stork Line crib (identical to the one I had) and I bought and refurbished it. I found it a cramped and uncomfortable space ... adult-sized cribs are well worth the expense if you plan to spend much time cribbed up!

I don't even remember mine. I have a memory of being in one but I think that was my brother's crib I was in. I can remember the colored stars sheets they had in the crib.

I have seen a picture of my crib and it was white but it was old because my parents bought it used at a yard sale and the side didn't go all the way up so they had that side against the wall. It was an old crib and they got rid of it and bought a new one for my brother.

Straycatz said:
I definitely remember mine. I used it up to the age of 5. I remember it was called a "six year crib" or something to that effect, and my parents were frugal, and used it to it's full extent! It was one of the old wooden ones, and I think it had sheep on the headboard or footboard also, but not sure. I remember climbing in and out of it with ease. Once I was in Kindergarten and had school friends over to the house, I got embarassed about it and that is when my parents got me a regular bed. I miss that crib now! This was in the 1960's.

The crib I used as a baby was also used by both my younger brothers too.

I also only remember my crib because of a younger sibling inheriting it. Actually, my younger sister got my whole bedroom. ( My parents had a new bedroom built onto the house. Later on, when I was in high school, I switched bedrooms in yet another remodel. Now my folks and I ate essentially raising my two year old third cousin. So she has pretty much taken residence in my room. Which is nice as a "little", as it provides a cover excuse as to why there are stuffed animals and binkies on my bed. :)

But getting back to the crib itself, it was a pretty standard issue wooden model. What sticks out more in my memory of my nursery would be the lovely yellow and brown carpet. I was a baby in the 70s, with my sister debuting in the early 80's. So, yeah. LOL

I remember chewing on the railing when I would stand up in it. The lead paint tasted sweet. I really liked how, because the railings were so far apart, I could reach the toys I dropped on the floor, with my head. You had to be careful, though, because depending on where you put your hands when opening it you could loose a finger or two. In my case, only one. Ah yes, those were the days.

Truth: I have no memory of my crib.

1976 stork crib dark oak color. I saw it in the garage. About 3 years ago my parents gave it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back