Do you care about 'accuracy'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanch

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
In relation to your AB/Little side. Basically, do you simply mix and match aspects of different little stages and choose a 'little age' (or number of ages) which feel cute to you, or do you ever actually research what a little of that age might be doing, and go as close to the realism route as adults can?

I've traditionally done the former, but recently I've been feeling oddly secure and happy by putting some limits on my activities, because either they're too grown up for a toddler, or else I enjoy being that growing boy who can use the potty but still sometimes wants to play with toys for tiny infants.

Also, I quite like the idea of fitting in with a certain age/development stage, as it seems to help me get into Little space more easily. How about you guys?

I'm very much someone who does not prefer accuracy when it comes to this. As someone who is still trying to discover their little side, and as someone who is making an effort to be more AB on occasion, I find it difficult to try to narrow down to a finite age. Instead, I like to mish-mash things that will make me feel little. Like eating PB&J while watching cartoons or sleeping in my onesie or drinking from a bottle. I mean hell I've even taken to sipping rum and coke from a bottle just because the act of using the bottle made me feel little (this statement alone should show you the degree of accuracy I'm concerned about haha).

From my fursona side though I like to stick with a particular age...so when I'm doing RP I like to try to stay in character.

Good topic! I look forward to seeing what others come back with on this :)

Because there is always some variation in my regressive behaviour, I am always content to roll with what happens. It is on reflection, often easy to identify where Ive been in age approximate terms though.

Mostly, I will regress fairly quickly to a fairly specific age range, which is from my observation of toddlers, around18 mths old. But at times I can feel a little older, especially if I happen to be out (which I might add, I really try to control because it can get a bit weird) and in deep regression I can slip all the way back to 3-6 mth behaviour.

How do I know? Well regression is strange in that even though my behaviour becomes almost involuntarily driven, my decisions while regressed are very much my own, albeit through the mindset of a toddler. The other thing is that my very rational and alert adult mind (although very much like a fly on the wall) is always available, which means I have a thorough recollection of events from my regression. This enables me to reflect on the specifics of my regression.

The other thing is how readily I recognise and identify with the behaviours of toddlers that I see.

I don't ever elect a particular activity or behaviour to approximate an age, these just naturally emerge, and so curtailing certain activities is of little interest to me. I just go with what at the time seems perfectly natural. ( of course I can set my self up to regress when it suits, but that's like setting a ball rolling down a hill - you know, once it gets going......:paci: )

The only accuracy I care about in this is matching what appeals to me. I've looked over real child development levels and I don't see anything that would increase my enjoyment by sticking to a certain level. Everyone finds their fun differently, so more power to you if you want to stick to a realistic role. I just don't see much realistic in this for myself.

You can never truely have ' accuracy ', or experience things the way you did, or would have, at whatever age you regress to. You can never truely ever go back. Your thoughts are not those of a child, the physical structure of your brain, itself, is not that of a child. The best you can hope for are fleeting ' feelings ', replicate emotions and feelings you can remember from your childhood, or the feelings that come from a fantasy senerio of childhood. At your core, you are an adult.

When I 'regress' , I am still aware of the many things that would never even occur to a child. I am aware of the everyday household chores that must be done, the meals that must be prepared, the bills that must be paid. I know what time I must awake in order to ready myself for, and arrive on time to work. There are hundreds of things that I am aware of that I must do. In short, you can never go home.

Can't say I've ever cared about accuracy. I do whatever feels right to me.

For example, if one night I'm feeling little but really want to finish a good video game, I'll dig out some Bambinos and a onesie and start playing. To me, "being little" doesn't really mean that I'm a full infant, it means that I feel like one. If I want to intergrate some more little aspects to enhance the feeling, I will.

Interesting topic, I don't focus too much on being accurate, I do things that I like and enjoy the experience as much as I can :)

Just another thought on accuracy.....I guess authenticity is perhaps more important to me. For example, even though I may have to wear adult sized diapers and any other apparel, it is quite important that these as accurately as possible reflect the infant versions....I suppose this helps in holding my mindset in that regressed state. I would add in contradiction perhaps, that imagination is a powerful tool that can completely transcend any physical reality, or need for specific items...but hey, transitional objects are really...really nice :)

In my AB play, I don't regress mentally. Instead, I see myself as an adult being treated like a young child. Age-consistency doesn't matter to me unless it matters to the person who's "making" me dress like a child.

If it's entirely up to me, I'm inclined to mix and match clothing and activities. For instance, I might enjoy drinking from a bottle (appropriate only before 12 months) while wearing shortalls (more appropriate for a toddler) and watching Archer (not appropriate for children of any age).

Reactions: jessicalondon
I find my self stuck at around 6 mouth old, + are - a couple of mouths.
I find that I can't watch TV when I'm regressed it to hard to watch.

I don't much care about accuracy, no. I've never really regressed to a specific age or felt like my mind shifts to being someone different the way that it has been described by some other members here. I just like certain things like diapers, plushies, etc. and sometimes want to act more childish when I have the opportunity to indulge in it. So I just do the things that I enjoy, whether they perfectly match up to a particular age or not.

I too do not worry about accuracy.

I find it much too hard to accurately portray a specific age, so I don't even try.

For me, regression is a spontaneous act. I don't think I would ever deliberately try for a specific age or try to match appropriate activities. I just let it happen and go with the flow. I think that allows me to regress lower and lower in age and I simply enjoy the ride.

I don' t really care about " accuracy " perse because I just do what feels right to me at the moment.

For any fans of Calvin and Hobbes, I am accurate in the way Calvin is accurate. Basically his knowledge of the world is WAY too advanced for a 6-year-old, but he uses that knowledge like a mischievous 6-year-old would. Thus, I bring my adult knowledge (and language ability) with me when I regress, but attempt to use that information the way a 2-year-old would. This is the best way I can describe it.

Nice thread.

Sanch said:
In relation to your AB/Little side. Basically, do you simply mix and match aspects of different little stages and choose a 'little age' (or number of ages) which feel cute to you, or do you ever actually research what a little of that age might be doing, and go as close to the realism route as adults can?

I've traditionally done the former, but recently I've been feeling oddly secure and happy by putting some limits on my activities, because either they're too grown up for a toddler, or else I enjoy being that growing boy who can use the potty but still sometimes wants to play with toys for tiny infants.

Also, I quite like the idea of fitting in with a certain age/development stage, as it seems to help me get into Little space more easily. How about you guys?

As to me, there's not more to say that I need only paci and diaper to feel more relaxed, may be a few innocent, but not into concret age related.

Accuracy isn't important to me. If I'm trying to relax and get into little mode, I'll usually drink some alcohol to loosen up, as for me it's a time to relax. I'm not into the whole accessories thing. Not interested in toys, bottles or pacifiers, nor do I want to dress as a baby, except for diapers.

It's the holding and wetting that makes me feel little. So as long as I can play as a kid who gets distracted, or just tries to hold on for to long, and the result ends up being wet pants or a wet nappy, that's all I need.

I do own a couple of pairs of footed onesies, so I guess that's the exception to the rule. But I can easily be drinking beer, smoking a cigarette, and watching adult content on the TV, but if I have an "accident" and wet my pants, BANG! I feel little.

I've never been a fan of the whole "accuracy" thing. I choose an age based on how I feel, *not* what the internet says. I don't like having something deciding what age I am. Therefore, I can still regress down to under 1, and be able to say quite a few words (even if I struggle with them some times). It's all about how I personally feel. So if I decide that I feel like I'm 6 months old, then I'm 6 months old.

Not accuracy so much as truth. I hate being treated like I'm stupid, even at my Littlest!:mad::rollseyes: If I had my way, I'd sit and have a bottle, with a paci clipped to my shirt, and watch Doc Mcstuffins, Miles From Tomorrowland, any of the live action kiddy TV I'm a sucker for, or a show were the point is to lull, like Sweet Dreams, in my meticulously custom designed not to make me flip out, slip on/snap off cloth diapers.

It's almost like Li'l' Miss Thang developed asynchronously, intellectually very picky, socially/verbally/emotionally young. That's not too different from me any other time, except for verbally, and even that doesn't get me the Efficient, Effective Communicator award.

For me, accuracy in regression is un-necessary.
I hover around the age of 2 when I am regressing.
Toddlers are mostly in diapers or pull-ups 24/7, and 2 year-old toddlers are at the stage of being "introduced" to the "Potty Chair".
When I am in 2 year-old toddler mode, I am obsessed with my 2 teddy bears and my little girl dolly friends, along with my MEGA BLOKS building set, and my Fisher-Price Play Cell Phone and Fisher-Price pretend alphabet tablet computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back