Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canada Crossing Issues?

Default Canada Crossing Issues?

I ran a search on crossing the border and found one thread from 2009 with some good advice but was wondering if anyone has driven across the Canadian border within the last year while wearing undergarment protection. Any problems? Yes, I know it is not illegal, but wonder if any scanners or other devices (pat downs?) made the bulk-wearing suspicious until the agents confirmed the diapers / plastic underpants / other incontinent items.

Well, I haven't crossed since 9/11, but back then they just searched your vehicle and didn't even touch you.

There's no issue crossing the boarder either way when you drive, even if you get pulled over for secondary inspection they won't search you unless you give them a valid resion to.

I have crossed the boarder wearing diaper in the past both to and from Canada with no issue.

I'm assuming you're driving, since airports and security have been discussed at length. If you are flying, just don't wet your diaper prior to going through security.

At driving border security, I can't imagine that you'd have a problem. People in wheelchairs or with other disabilities drive between Canada and the US. They just care that you're not smuggling anything, so don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    I'm assuming you're driving, since airports and security have been discussed at length. If you are flying, just don't wet your diaper prior to going through security.

At driving border security, I can't imagine that you'd have a problem. People in wheelchairs or with other disabilities drive between Canada and the US. They just care that you're not smuggling anything, so don't do that.
    Regarding a wet diaper - what are you trying to do smuggle nitro-glycerine and one upmanship the 'Underwear bomber" ?
    Certainly you are not going to wear baby booties to put one over on the 'Shoe bomber' !

Diapers are their least concern - the Canadian authorities are more concerned with firearms drugs and too many fish over the limits !
    That and if you are driving and have one of dem radar detector devices - WHOA - that be a capital felony of sorts interfering with their
    sovereign rights to monitor your speed ! So speed not in your diapers - use them for what they are there for a portable potty pit stop !

Well if the authorities at the border have not seen it all - they certainly will when johnny come diaper wearing crosses - although they
    might just want you to change into a clean new diaper - would not want a source of portable pollution crossing the borders !

So just relax it is business as usual - diapered criminals are not in high demand !

They don't care, really, are you ever gonna see that Mountie again in your life?

They just want to check you didn't spend more then you're allowed in the U.S.

They've got their eyes on fining you and illegal stuff, not on your underwear

Quote Originally Posted by babylock1 View Post
    Regarding a wet diaper - what are you trying to do smuggle nitro-glycerine and one upmanship the 'Underwear bomber" ?
    Certainly you are not going to wear baby booties to put one over on the 'Shoe bomber' !
    At an airport that's more of a problem. They probably really don't care if you try to smuggle a bomb in your pants over the border, what are you going to to, blow up your own pickup truck?

I never had issues at the airport or the Canadian border, but I do tell them if I need a body scan that I wear diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by kitterdafoxy View Post
    They don't care, really, are you ever gonna see that Mountie again in your life?
    At the border, it'd be the CBSA, not the RCMP. :P