molicare super plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

saix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
hi everyone very brief thread
I made a post in the incontinence board if anyone wants more details just wondering if I could get some info
A supplier sent me a sample of molicare super in size small however they seem to be plastic backed
when I googled the brand I found a lot of people saying the company had switched to cloth though so im wondering if this is old stock or are the company continuing to make plastic backed
I am in australia so that may be a factor as well
im planning to call the supplier on monday in regards to an unrelated matter so if noone can help ill just ask then
thanks for any answers and id also appreciate it if people had any comments in regards to my post on the incontinenceforum

Molicare is doing both at the moment (at least in Europe).

You have the plastic backed, molicare super plus :
molicare-super-plus-600x550.jpg

and the MoliCare® Premium Soft Super Plus :
41kDXlnO9QL._SX300_.jpg

I don't know if they are going to get rid of the plastic backed. There were talks about molicare going to cloth backed, but the plastic backed is still easily found.

And even if they do, like Tena did some years ago, you would still be able to find some plastic-backed for years.

I got some molicares super plus not long ago (1-2mo) and they were all plastic.
But I'm in the US.

I think it was Adam from North Shore that told everyone in a thread earlier this year, that the Molicare Super Plus in the US was going to remain plastic backed; but ones in Europe were going to switch to become cloth backed.

I'm not sure how true that was.

I'm a fan of the plastic backed ones, and if they switch to cloth backed; I'll start buying something else.

I love Molicare. I have two packs trapped in my campus apartment, I can't get to my stash. But I still love the diaper nonetheless.

saix said:
hi everyone very brief thread

I see what you did there.

Pizza said:
I see what you did there.

Lol didnt even realise was posting at about 3 am so apparently my brain makes more puns when im tired

would anyone be able to tell me if the molicares are able to handle large amounts all at once (flooding)

saix said:
would anyone be able to tell me if the molicares are able to handle large amounts all at once (flooding)

Yes, the Super Pluses hold quite a bit, and handle floods pretty well. But the best thing about them, in my opinion, is the wicking. Unlike some diapers, which could hold a lot in theory but don't in practice because urine never wicks past the "wetting zone," the Super Pluses wick all the way up to the back. They're not super-thick, but end up holding more than many thicker and more expensive diapers because you can actually use everything you paid for.

-RMS

RMS401 said:
Yes, the Super Pluses hold quite a bit, and handle floods pretty well. But the best thing about them, in my opinion, is the wicking. Unlike some diapers, which could hold a lot in theory but don't in practice because urine never wicks past the "wetting zone," the Super Pluses wick all the way up to the back. They're not super-thick, but end up holding more than many thicker and more expensive diapers because you can actually use everything you paid for.

-RMS

thankyou for the reply
Ive been using the cloth backed Lille supreme fit and they seem to be rather unpredictable ive had 2 leaks but Ive also had a number work perfectly. im probably going to buy a pack of boosters and use those with the Lilles to finish off my supply then I might just swap over to molicare
the fact that the molicares are plastic backed is already a reassurance and they seem decent in the next few days Ill probably end up using one and it may very well become my go to brand

used one today seems that small might be tiny bit too small a size for me and apparently it wasnt able to take a flood sitting down and leaked a little hoping for better luck with mediums

I'm the same. I can wear the smalls, and that's why I originally ordered when I first got them, based off the waist size they have. I find that I feel more comfortable in the mediums. Plus, the mediums are bigger over-all; so they hold more.

The new clothbacked Molicares surprise me.
They are thin but hold a ton.
Still a plastic option should always exist regardless of how the thin diapers perform.Give me thick any day!

seeing as it seems that the cloth backed is going to be the diaper I use from now on would anyone else be able to give some insight as to the quality of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back