Thread: Yo, Aloha, Hola, oy!

Default Yo, Aloha, Hola, oy!

Hello! I am a DL from Texas and since I am starting a lot of new things in my life I decided to actually make an account on this site. Mostly so I can post on threads that interest me, but also so I can offer support to anyone who is having trouble that I can help with.

I have been an DL since I was 13, but have only recently begun accepted it, and I do not participate in it all that often. It's a love/hate relationship that I am learning to embrace and be content with. It's complicated I guess, haha.

Outside of AB/DL: I like to play entirely too many video games, listen/play music often, watch anime/TV shows online, cook, and learn about Psychology (which I study). I think being a DL (and seeing crazy people at Wal-Mart) influenced me to study Psychology.

Hope I did this introduction thing alright.
    Nice to meet ya'll~

Nice to meet you. I'm new to this forum, too. I think your introduction was fine. And I understand how you feel -- I can't say I felt good about being an AB for, well, a long time (I didn't feel exactly bad about it, though). And I'm 20 years older than you, so I think you (and everyone in their 20's) is really lucky to be happy about it at this age. And studying psychology sounds very interesting -- and a noble calling, if you plan on being a psychologist or therapist or psychiatrist someday.

Thank you for your kind words. I think I just rationalize it well. It's not like I can give it up, so embrace it sort of thing. I kind of take that view point on a lot of things, or at least try to. But I completely understand the sort of "I like the rush or feeling of being an AB/DL, but I cannot say I am proud or accepting of it" feeling. Maybe the best way to accept it is to realize that, while doesn't make you a normal person, that doesn't mean it makes you a bad person. Or wrong in any way. Just different and that's about it.

Tell about your freelance writing! What genre do you like to write about or read? I am quite terrible at writing in general so I find that someone making a career out of it fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyDell View Post
    Thank you for your kind words. I think I just rationalize it well. It's not like I can give it up, so embrace it sort of thing. I kind of take that view point on a lot of things, or at least try to. But I completely understand the sort of "I like the rush or feeling of being an AB/DL, but I cannot say I am proud or accepting of it" feeling. Maybe the best way to accept it is to realize that, while doesn't make you a normal person, that doesn't mean it makes you a bad person. Or wrong in any way. Just different and that's about it.

Tell about your freelance writing! What genre do you like to write about or read? I am quite terrible at writing in general so I find that someone making a career out of it fascinating.
    I'm a full-time freelance writer. I do a lot of web site writing for what would have been magazines and newspapers in the 1990's and before. I'm a journalist, in other words. I work out of my home, and I've been doing this for about 18 years, freelancing. Before that, I was a staff writer on a magazine. And, no, in case anybody's wondering, I've never written about the adult baby lifestyle. I'd love to, though. Maybe someday.