• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Re-re-reintroduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannyweatherwax

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I promise that this will be short and SOMEWHAT sweet compared to my recent post as an EC ;)

I am not "into" nappies (sorry, I am British and can't abide calling them diapers) in the way that a lot of you guys are, nor do I want to be THAT young again, my childhood was hell first time round, I don't fancy being reminded much.

I found this forum many moons ago when I searched Tapatalk for forums regarding incontinence. I have to confess I was rather shocked when I registered when I found out what it was all about. However, I don't judge at all, so this book would be the same to me regardless of its weird and wonderful cover.

I did say that I think I shouldn't be here at all, but received some amazing replies that made me feel incredibly comfortable warm and most definitely welcome. The rest is history as they say.

I am an avid Pratchett (discworld mainly) fan hence my username, I enjoy crafting (greetings card making, jewellery, knitting, crochet and coloring in things like Mandelas) I also enjoy playing one or three of the many popular MMO's. ;)

Mainly to be found playing word games on my mobile though, anything that resembles scrabble and requires me to use what bit of brain I have attracts me greatly. Even the hidden object games are tempting.

I also like puzzles games from the puzzler monthly magazine now turned into apps which please me.

I am also ashamed to say that I quite like candy crush and candy crush soda sagas. *bows head in shame*

TV wise I love things like CSI (so gutted that Vegas has ended!) We are currently watching Jonathan Creek series but we think that's nearly to the end :( wayward pines, Elementary, The Blacklist, Sherlock and Dr Who are also amongst our shows we choose to watch. We also liked Sleepy Hollow and Dracula but they seem to have disappeared :'(

We have got a few series on Netflix that we have marked to watch but haven't gotten round to yet.

We were also watching American Horror Story. We watched the house one, the asylum one, can't even remember what the last one is about.

I live with my Fiance, my two children and a few pets :)

I look forward to re-meeting you all and also getting to know those who I have not yet had the pleasure to meet.

I promised it would be short, I have failed miserably, so I am going to shut up and leave it at that xD

Best wishes,

Vimes x

Hello CaptainVimes and welcome to the group.

I am glad you decided to stay.

Egor

CaptainVimes said:
I am not "into" nappies (sorry, I am British and can't abide calling them diapers) in the way that a lot of you guys are, nor do I want to be THAT young again, my childhood was hell first time round, I don't fancy being reminded much...

I have read your posts where you have talked about how your family treated you, and I am sorry for you.

My childhood was not hellish, but it was no bed of roses, either. Well, maybe it was just a different kind of rose bed. There were quite a few flowers ( happy times ), but there were a whole lot of long stems with sharp thorns, too.

Perhaps the way your family treated you played a large part in making you who you are today, and if so, then I am actually glad they treated you the way they did, because I really like the person you have become. By reading your posts, I have learned a little bit about you. I have learned that you are a very kind and compassionate individual. Your words are genuine, and come from your heart. Your Fiance and your sons are very fortunate to have you in their lives.

I can totally understand your not being " into " nappies, because I don't fully understand why I am " into " nappies. I suspect that I am just trying to experience some of the pieces of childhood that I wish I would have had, when I was actually a child. I understand that you have a physical need for nappies, where as mine is more of a psychological need.

CaptainVimes said:
I found this forum many moons ago when I searched Tapatalk for forums regarding incontinence. I have to confess I was rather shocked when I registered when I found out what it was all about. However, I don't judge at all, so this book would be the same to me regardless of its weird and wonderful cover.

I did say that I think I shouldn't be here at all, but received some amazing replies that made me feel incredibly comfortable warm and most definitely welcome. The rest is history as they say.

I, too, came across this site quite some time ago, and I was also shocked. Mine was a pleasant shock, however. It made me feel good to know that I was not the only one in the world " into " nappies / diapers. When I first found this site, it was for ' Teenage Babies and Diaper Lovers ' only. I knew without a doubt that I did not belong on such a site, but I did ' Lurk ' around. Then one day I learned that they were accepting adults as members. I eventually, sheepishly joined the community. There were a few exceptional members that made me feel welcome, so I stayed. I am so very glad that you, CaptainVimes, decided to stay, too.

Take care of yourself, gentle lady, and your family, too. I will continue to look for you on the boards.

fifigal said:
I have read your posts where you have talked about how your family treated you, and I am sorry for you.

My childhood was not hellish, but it was no bed of roses, either. Well, maybe it was just a different kind of rose bed. There were quite a few flowers ( happy times ), but there were a whole lot of long stems with sharp thorns, too.

Perhaps the way your family treated you played a large part in making you who you are today, and if so, then I am actually glad they treated you the way they did, because I really like the person you have become. By reading your posts, I have learned a little bit about you. I have learned that you are a very kind and compassionate individual. Your words are genuine, and come from your heart. Your Fiance and your sons are very fortunate to have you in their lives.

I can totally understand your not being " into " nappies, because I don't fully understand why I am " into " nappies. I suspect that I am just trying to experience some of the pieces of childhood that I wish I would have had, when I was actually a child. I understand that you have a physical need for nappies, where as mine is more of a psychological need.

I, too, came across this site quite some time ago, and I was also shocked. Mine was a pleasant shock, however. It made me feel good to know that I was not the only one in the world " into " nappies / diapers. When I first found this site, it was for ' Teenage Babies and Diaper Lovers ' only. I knew without a doubt that I did not belong on such a site, but I did ' Lurk ' around. Then one day I learned that they were accepting adults as members. I eventually, sheepishly joined the community. There were a few exceptional members that made me feel welcome, so I stayed. I am so very glad that you, CaptainVimes, decided to stay, too.

Take care of yourself, gentle lady, and your family, too. I will continue to look for you on the boards.

Hello Fifigal :)

Firstly, thank you for adding me as a friend. It's nice to have friends in this big old lonely world :)

Yes, those rose thorns get you so many times, and they leave such big scars to heal too. *hugs* and <healing vibes> to you in the hopes you heal from your scars.

Thank you for your compliments, I am truly honoured and blushing quite a bit here. I don't deserve any of them, but thank you so much, it really means a lot to me in this big old cruel world to have a complete stranger hold out a hand to offer me help. It's amazing and you are truly wonderful.

You sound like a truly amazing and beautiful person, intelligent somewhat too :) I like you already :) (not that I judge or choose friends on specifics.. it's just, well I like people who are truly honest and beautiful, I'm talking about inside, not the cosmetics, I am not that shallow - the soul, the heart and the mind ;)

I appear to be getting in a mess with my words again so I will leave it at that.

Thank you again for sending me a friend request :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back