Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is regression, to you?

Question What is regression, to you?

I'm so curious! For background, I'm not an AB, and I don't have any tendencies toward regression. My boyfriend seems to, sometimes, though I'm not positive.

What is regression like? Some people post about it being helpless, or wanting someone to take care of you - is is a different mindset completely, or do you feel like a younger version of yourself? Does it feel familiar?

Does it happen spontaneously sometimes? I'd love to hear about those stories, or if there's something specific that always makes you feel little - I know there are other posts like these, but what I'm trying to get at is what regression is to you individually.

I know it's a lot of questions - I just think it's so wonderful, and such an interesting part of a personality, for lack of a better term. Apologies if my questions are a little all over the place - I'm having a bit of trouble phrasing exactly what it is I'm trying to ask.

If anyone wants to talk, but isn't comfortable posting on a page like this, PMs are always welcome.

[Am I allowed to say that..?]

For me, it's just giving myself permission to set aside my adult life and responcibilities for a while. It is a different mind-set, but I am always well aware that I am an adult. What ' regression ' is for me, is just doing the things I always wanted to do as a very young child.

When I was a child, I wished that I could wear pretty dresses, spend an afternoon playing with dolls, read stories about princesses who lived in magical kingdoms far away. I wanted to join the other little girl's tea parties that they had with their friends and Teddy-bears. I wanted to skip ropes, play hop-scotch, or play ' house '. In short, I wanted to live as, and do what any other little girl was doing at the time. I wanted to be a little girl.

When I ' regress ' I feel like the younger version of myself, but I also imagine that I have the physical form to match my heart, mind , and soul.

I think it's a great question! Not easy to answer though. I'm going to be very interested to see what responses you get.

For me regression allows me to indulge in activities that I take pleasure in, like wetting and or wearing diapers. I like the accidental aspect of losing control. This is something that really only happened to me as a child, so to enjoy a wetting or messing accident in its truest form, I like to regress and recall certain times or circumstances where I had a real accident. I don't like just doing it on purpose just for the sake of doing it, I like a real accident scenario.

This is where it's hard to explain without sounding like a weird pedo freak. I have absolutely no interest in children. The thought sickens me. But I love having a real accident. The only real accidents that I've had, (with a few notable exceptions) occurred when I was a child. So for me to really enjoy a true mishap, I imagine myself as a child, and enjoy the memories that it brings on.

I'm not into the real plushie, bottle, blanket, security type of thing. I just enjoy wetting in my pants or diaper, and when I do, I'm only ever thinking of myself as a kid, never other kids. I've never really been comfortable with the more grown up feelings of pleasure that I get while seeing myself as a little, but what can I do? It's something that I enjoy doing. But I only really enjoy it if I can engender the feelings of a kid who may have had an accident, but knows that it's not the end of the world, just a slightly embarrassing thing that needs to be dealt with.

But that's what works for me.

I've been posting lately about my new(ish) girlfriend. She has some mild IC issues, and sometimes has little accidents. Her (deceased) husband used to enjoy it when it happened, and would engage in "baby" play with her, and help her to change etc. She in turn started to enjoy being babied, and that's something that we are now playing with. For her, it's not so much about the wetting itself, but the feelings of safety and security she gets when someone is caring for her. She enjoys cuddling with a plushie and acting little. We have discussed trying out a bottle and/or pacifier, and plan on investing in some in the near future. It doesn't interest me, but I'll happily play along for her sake if she likes it.

Our little ages vary a bit. For me, I'm usually between 9-12, for her, she's about 3-4. But we've been exploring each other's fantasies, and can adapt to each other's ideas, at least to a point. I don't really feel comfortable having a caretaker, but I like having a playmate. She on the other hand likes having someone to help her out and look after her.

One thing we are learning, is that regardless of which age range we play with, it generally remains purely non sexual as we play. If we want to continue with a more mature experience, it's usually after we have put our little selves away. It just seems too wrong to try and experience a physical relationship while we are in little mode. We can get that finished with, and then get more adult afterwards.

I realise that I'm in a minority here, at least judging by a lot of people's posted thoughts and ideas that I read here, but I just can't get into little mode by simply cuddling a toy, or watching cartoons, or crawling on the floor. I do like wearing a diaper, or a onesie, or just dressing little, but there needs to be an element of wetting or perhaps messing involved.

On another topic, I simply just don't understand furries. I have full respect for them, and am not judging them at all, but for me I don't get the whole pretending to be an anthromorphic animal type of thing. But I have seen enough to realise that a whole lot of furries aren't into the whole diaper thing either. So it works both ways. What is strange to one is "normal" to another, and that is more than fine by me. It would be a boring world if we were all the same.

But I'd love some furries to explain what it is about it that floats their boat. Who knows, there is a whole new world there that I haven't dipped a toe into yet, and I might enjoy it if I tried it. I guess that I see my AB/DL side with a sexual aspect to it, at least when playtime is over, and it seems that it's not a heavily sexual thing for a lot of furries. So maybe someone can explain the appeal.

I think a lot of things that share a common ground with our collective fetishes, be it AB, DL, Little, Furry, Sissy, or whatever, is the fact that we want to be accepted for who we are, and not judged by "normal" (?) standards.

If I like wetting my pants, and you like dressing as a fox, and she likes pretending to be a baby, so what?

But I am so interested in hearing how and why it works for others!

Full regression is when (cue GPS voice) "You have reached your destination," and for me specifically, it's the moment when I'm most myself. At the moment when I'm, "down as far as I can go," I'm not pretending, but have arrived. 'Course I'm always Little, even when I'm footed PJless. A Lisa Frank fanatic is infused in me, period, kinda like MandyBear.

Certain things are vehicles. For some, it's s, bottles, certain clothes or foods, and many other things. For most of us, diapers or pull-ups are jet planes, and real accidents are rocket ships.

I'll direct you here, just because I've mentioned the feeling before. http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthrea...a-Little/page2 I will say, I wish she didn't think AB was only Ageplay. It's disheartening. I use AB because my little range is so young, not because I'm pretending!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    . . . I will say that regression seems to be different for everyone. The triggers for regression, the alteration in our thoughts and the way we act, and the function which regression serves for ABDLs is a very personal and singular experience.

For me personally, regression is an organic way to reach a truly little state-of-mind, or at least as close as I can get. It comes about when I'm most deeply engaged. . . and my brain seems to click off the adult switch which seems to be turned on (at least to some degree) for the vast majority of the time. Regression means that I think about things in a very simple way, experience my emotions in a way which is both basic and extremely bold, and brings this relaxed, nurture-loving and vulnerable side of my character to the fore in a way which simple age-roleplaying (whilst fun) just can't.
    Amen! Glad to see you back!

For me, it's like a dial, with adult on the right and Little on the left, and I'm left handed.
    Where I am along the dial, depends on circumstance, emotions, and environment, but the dial being turned all the way to adult, only happens when absolutely necessary, like for judges and bosses, and government people.

That doesn't mean I don't have triggers. Falls, pain, tiredness, the smell of new children's books, Play-doh, or crayons, being yelled at, stuff like that.
    Last edited by SpAzpieSweeTot; 11-Jun-2015 at 20:37.

For me regression is feeling like a younger version of myself. My speech patterns change, my habits (I fidget more) my tastes and interests change, although sometimes I can watch a scary movie or play a big kid game and still feel little.

But for me regression is changing my mindset and allowing my mental and emotional state to regress back to a time before the anxiety kicked in and everythin was fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Also sometimes it can happen spontaniously but mostly I have triggers. My "little" dishes like sippy cups or my Barbie plates, bottles, pacis, stuffies, toys, the smell of crayons. All of those things can trigger it an sometimes something like being tired or grumpy or even just bein bored can trigger certain littler behaviors.

Well I have a pretty "little" personality normally, so for me it's a less restrained version of that. I think I mostly find comfort in the concept of experiencing the carefree aspects associated to my little activities. But I also feel that, to some extent, I just normally enjoy doing certain things that I only do when little (like coloring or watching certain kids shows), but use this as an excuse to be open with myself about it. It's an outlet to express that side, I suppose.

Regression for me tends to mean setting aside my "independence" and letting somebody else take control. This is interesting that I enjoy it because I have always been so independent but sometimes I just want somebody else to be in charge, like a "mommy/authoritatian figure". It also helps my ABDL side because if someone else tells me that I need to put on a diaper or onesie then I feel less guilty because it is not me choosing but giving in to somebody else.

I would say I am both AB and DL so sometimes I just like the more babyish stuff like a diaper, paci, and bottle. Those times I am more interested in the regression. The DL side is more sexual so it is less "regression" and more BDSM type activities (e.g. Forced paci gag).

Feel free to PM as well if you want to talk more about your situation and specifics.

What I nice topic. It really got me thinking about what regression really means to me. Of course the answer is long and varied one. I will try to be brief.

In a word - Play. Regression is my ability to recover play - childlike play. Sometimes that play is RPing but it doesn't have to be that. It can simple mean having a playful mind. Thinking silly childlike thoughts. Enjoying being in the moment, when that moment includes diapers and paci's.

I told a friend of mine that RP is about being the kid you always wanted to be. Well, to me, that kid plays.

To me regression is a way to completely shut off the stresses, demands and expectations that come with my adult life. I have had major issues with health both physical and mental over the years and a ton of other crap gone on in my life. It's a way for me to switch of from the 6'4 bloke who I am most of the time and be peaceful and relaxed. But it also a very real part of my sexuality and something that I would like to feel free to explore with a future partner, to me there is the innocent none sexual part of it and then a very real sexual part. The latter was the more difficult part for me to come to terms with and accept.

Before I delve into my own experiences, I will say that regression seems to be different for everyone. The triggers for regression, the alteration in our thoughts and the way we act, and the function which regression serves for ABDLs is a very personal and singular experience.

For me personally, regression is an organic way to reach a truly little state-of-mind, or at least as close as I can get. It comes about when I'm most deeply engaged in ageplay, and my brain seems to click off the adult switch which seems to be turned on (at least to some degree) for the vast majority of the time. Regression means that I think about things in a very simple way, experience my emotions in a way which is both basic and extremely bold, and brings this relaxed, nurture-loving and vulnerable side of my character to the fore in a way which simple age-roleplaying (whilst fun) just can't.