Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: airplane travel

Default airplane travel

i'm not sure if this is the area to post this. Anyways I have met a good friend on myspace and I know everything about there life (past and present and what they want to do in the furture) and also saw current pictures of him and then he became my love. My love lives in California and I live here in Wisconsin. Currently I've been thinking of getting an airplane ticket to visit my love and my love and i have been talking alot about it and making arrangements. The only thing is my whole family doesn't want me to go because they think that my love is a lie and also there worried that I might get robbed while leaving the air port. I got two questions, Is this a good idea to visit my love for the first time? or did anyone have any bad experiences at an airport?

I had a very similar experience as you except my love lived in Texas and he came up to see me first. It turned out all ok but the interwebs can be a dangerous place. The reason my love came to see me is because he had more money at the time but I was equally as willing as he was to go see him as he was to come see me. (do you get what I meant? I hope so) But seeing as I was willing to go meet his family and he was willing to meet my family kinda proved we weren't weirdos wanting to you know like kidnap each other or something. Also we were older (17) so that helped. Also we talked on the phone so that helped. What I'm getting at is that you should be safe. You're 19 so you know that's good. I'm not telling you to go but if you feel like its good.... One last thing long distance relationships suck. Mine ended I'm not saying yours will but be careful they are really hard to make work. Sorry I kinda rambled there if you can find something there awesome if not sorry and just ignore my post.

Airports are maybe the safest places in the country aside from military bases asides health reasons, you can pretty much guess the common cold is lurking at a airport at any time just due to the amounts of people going and coming.

But once outside the airport its a different matter. But really no one robs people in a airport, that would be stupid.

EmeraldsAndLime

Have them meet you at the airport, preferably near the gate you arrive at?

Besides, if anything were to happen, it'd probably get caught on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenone View Post
    I had a very similar experience as you except my love lived in Texas and he came up to see me first. It turned out all ok but the interwebs can be a dangerous place. The reason my love came to see me is because he had more money at the time but I was equally as willing as he was to go see him as he was to come see me. (do you get what I meant? I hope so) But seeing as I was willing to go meet his family and he was willing to meet my family kinda proved we weren't weirdos wanting to you know like kidnap each other or something. Also we were older (17) so that helped. Also we talked on the phone so that helped. What I'm getting at is that you should be safe. You're 19 so you know that's good. I'm not telling you to go but if you feel like its good.... One last thing long distance relationships suck. Mine ended I'm not saying yours will but be careful they are really hard to make work. Sorry I kinda rambled there if you can find something there awesome if not sorry and just ignore my post.
    Thanks for telling me your experience. I usually learn off of other peoples experiences. My love and I have to wait till he's 18 before we live with eachother and that will be withen 2-3 yrs till that happen. Your right about long distance realationships being bad but we'll see what will happen in a couple years. So far after a year into our realationship we still have alot of strong love towards eachother. Thanks for letting me know. ^^

I guess that the airport can be a good place then. I would ask my love to meet me at the airport but that part wouldn't really work out because then his mom would know that he has me as a boyfriend and if his mom finds out, i would be in alot of trouble.
    Last edited by Peachy; 10-Feb-2009 at 21:58. Reason: merging double post

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    How old is he?

Quote Originally Posted by snydead
    My love and I have to wait till he's 18 before we live with eachother and that will be withen 2-3 yrs till that happen.
    Based on the previous post before yours 15-16 (2-3 years till he's 18)

Snydead, that age difference could cause trouble for you legally, if his mom catches you and doesn't approve, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Snap View Post
    Based on the previous post before yours 15-16 (2-3 years till he's 18)

Snydead, that age difference could cause trouble for you legally, if his mom catches you and doesn't approve, don't you think?
    My best friend from the school I went to was openly gay and he was over 18 while him and a student (a minor at the time) did something. He got slapped with a felony.

I think it hit him so hard he denounced being gay and is try to climb the ladder of Mormonism. <_> (This is even more shocking then those two woman getting a divorce. My friend was REALLY gay and I assume he still is.)

Dude84

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    ...But really no one robs people in a airport, that would be stupid.
    I'd have to disagree; London Heathrow is one of the worst places in the country for common robbery!

Yeah i know how illegal it is for being a minor. My mom's relitive was put into jail for that and had to go under the title as a childpredator. I told him that I don't want to get really deep into a relationship because of him being under age. But i don't think that would make any difference though since he's my bf and a minor. My other friend is dating a 16 yr old girl and he's 20 yrs old and he already proposed to her. She said to him that she has to finish school first. But i don't really think things like that as my friend and be too serious and i wouldn't push my bf to do anything really. But that jus leaves his mom and he's been thinking of alot of things to prevent his mom by finding out and i have been asking him alot of questions about that to know if it would be safe. Well i guess we'll have to see what will happen when the time comes. Thank you guys for repling i really appreaciate that. It's not really normal for me to love someone who is younger than me but i guess that he cought me at a weak moment and said that i'm no longer alone and started to talk about alot of things we had in common and I always wanted someone who knows what it's like to be alone, i don't think too highly of him though or obsessed since i'm christian but He'll probably be the only young love that i'll have.
    Last edited by snydead; 11-Feb-2009 at 19:02.