Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Names, tags, numbers and such.

Default Names, tags, numbers and such.

This is an edited, somewhat updated version of a post I made quite some time ago. I did a quick search, and did not see a similarly posted thread, so I thought I would start it again. I think these kind of posts are fun, even if they are frivolous.

" I was just wondering how, and /or why you folks chose the particular moniker, user-name, screen-name, log-on name (or what ever you call it) you use.

I have noted that some are quite usual, every-day names (i.e."Mandi", "James", "Elizabeth"...). Some are a little more descriptive and theme-oriented (i.e."Baby Mike", "Baby Lizzie","BabyDenise"...). Some are a play-on-words (i.e."Nam Repaid"...). Some names are just extremely cute ( i.e. "MandyBear" ). Some are whimsical (i.e."Potty Pants", "NoisySecret"...) some are comical, some are cryptic, and some I just don't understand at all ( Why would you call yourself "Dipshit" ?, when I last posted this, there really was a member here who called himself Dipshit.). I am not sure, but I suspect many user-name come from animated stories or cartoons.

The name you are given by others may not reflect how you feel, or how you view yourself, but a name choosen by yourself might provide some insight into your thoughts and feelings (or maybe not). Anyway how did you decide on your on-line name here at ADISC ? "
    Last edited by fifigal; 08-Jun-2015 at 07:09.

I got Kimba from the 1960's anime Kimba the White Lion. No particular meaning behind Starshine.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    No particular meaning behind Starshine.
    I thought it was from the song "Good Morning Starshine".

I did just find a somewhat recent thread on this topic that was started by Snivy on July 26, 2014.
    Oh well, if any of the new members want to reply, or the older members want to reply again, please do.
    I am not going to request that the thread be closed.

I got my username back when I played Star Wars Galaxies. I needed a new character name and the only thing that I could think of was from a documentary I watched one day I was home sick from school about the giant squid (architeuthis) [the level of boring of TV during school hours never ceased to amaze me]. I didn't know how to spell it so I just sounded it out. When Star Wars Galaxies shut down the name kind of went with it. When I went to join here, I wanted a name that wouldn't tie any of my real accounts together, would be hard to google search, and was generally interesting. Arcituthis simply hit all of the marks and became my new username.

Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    I did just find a somewhat recent thread on this topic that was started by Snivy on July 26, 2014.
    Oh well, if any of the new members want to reply, or the older members want to reply again, please do.
    I am not going to request that the thread be closed.
    Yup, I had a very good thread back then ahh~ Good memories

x3 But anyhoo, same reason, I love pokemon, I love 5th generation, I love Snivy, so there ya have it. Don't tell zipperless about the cake.

I have noted that some are quite usual, every-day names (i.e."Mandi", "James", "Elizabeth"...).
    LOL! Was that a nod?

Anyways fairly simple, Mandy is a sort of nickname of my name, and no my name isn't Amanda, try again
    And it was taken, so I added one my favorite things, (Teddy) Bears, which I believe he was sitting right next to me when I joined.

And here I am : MandyBear

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBear View Post
    LOL! Was that a nod?
    No, when I last posted this, there was a member that went by Mandi.

I should have added a line that said, " Some names are just extremely cute ( i.e. "MandyBear" ). "

Not only should have, but did. Re-read the original post.

No, when I last posted this, there was a member that went by Mandi.

I should have added a line that said, " Some names are just extremely cute ( i.e. "MandyBear" ). "

Not only should have, but did. Re-read the original post.
    Awwwwww I'm honored Thank You!

Ya a few members asked me if I was her when I first started, I guess she was really well liked, or maybe its just the name >_<

I came up with my username at random. I know the Max part of Gsmax is that I wanted a name that wasn't anything like my real name. I'm not exactly sure where the Gs came from. I think I just looked around, saw something that started with G, threw in an s for an unknown, added Max, and it's Gsmax, and the name just sort of stuck, becoming my ABDL name.