Dry 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguy46

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi,

In the past Dry 247's have had tape issue and according to some threads from people who has told the company about the issue said that they were looking into new tapes. Has anyone tried them recently and had a problem? Can anyone confirm that they tapes have been changed?

Thanks

I haven't heard anything about new tapes but I hope they happen, I have to put a cover over them after a couple of hours of wearing to keep them tight.

I received a case a few weeks ago and have not noticed any issues with the tapes. I used to have to use duct tape to make sure they were secure. These seem fine.

I just recently got some and have had no issue with this case or the one before it.

Hmm alright , thanks for the replies, i think ill go aheard and order some. Thanks

There was a review I saw several months back, the reviewer stated they were changing to a new stronger tape and the new batch the tapes were green on his test diapers. My last case was still the older blue tapes that pop but haven't ordered a new case yet as its to hot for plastic backed diapers have switched to Abena air plus for the summer

While there is a thread on this brand of diaper I'm going to ask an unrelated question. How does the sizing on Dry 24/7s work? Are they pretty similar to the Tena Slip Maxi (what I normally wear) or Abena M4? Are they bigger? Smaller? I've never tried these before, but with a diaper accepting girlfriend who doesn't mind my wearing as long as they don't have baby prints on them, I need some plastic backed options that are plain…which is a daunting task the way the trend is going lately.

So, how do these fit?

MaxiPad89 said:
While there is a thread on this brand of diaper I'm going to ask an unrelated question. How does the sizing on Dry 24/7s work? Are they pretty similar to the Tena Slip Maxi (what I normally wear) or Abena M4? Are they bigger? Smaller? I've never tried these before, but with a diaper accepting girlfriend who doesn't mind my wearing as long as they don't have baby prints on them, I need some plastic backed options that are plain…which is a daunting task the way the trend is going lately.

So, how do these fit?

i would say they are about the same if not slightly bigger

and yeah i hear ya, some of these companys are puking furry and baby prints all over the good diapers. but you may have luck with the dry 24/7's but i will warn you that they are loud.. you may wanna look into the snuggies SE.x diapers, they are all white, and not as loud but the tapes aare kinda an issue if you like a super tight fit.

The sizing for the Drys are a bit special; they run big! It is the only brand I comfortably wear a medium. The length of the mediums are extra long and fit bigger waists than other brands. I am right between sizes for Abena. Their mediums are too short (ride below my hips) and too tight. Their larges are too big. With the Dry 24/7's, their medium is perfectly between what Abena offers. The Dry large again goes well beyond the Abena Large. I recommend following their size chart fairly close. The width and length number allows you to get a better idea how it would fit on you.

The size chart for the Drys is as follows: (taken off a bag purchased late last year)
Small Waist 21-31" Width 25" Length 31"
Medium Waist 32-42" Width 29" Length 35"
Large Waist 43-65" Width 32" Length 39"

For comparison, most mediums are only about 29-31" long and cap at a 36-38" waist. These Mediums fit a 200 pound, 6 foot guy with 40" hips, 34" waist nicely with the top going to my belly button. There was still lots of side wings left on me up to 38" waist (i lost weight...). Their larges go up to something comparable to an xl or bariatric in other brands. I bought a case of larges years ago and taped the top just below my rib cage. They run big...

Prior to 2015, Dry 24/7 were manufactured in the Far East of Asia/Europe. They have since moved the production line to the continental United States.
Salty air from the sea/ocean is well known to cause issues with adhesives. Diapers manufactured in Europe often have had this same issue.
Even some of the finer automobiles from Europe have this issue, sadly. BMW & Fiat have both had large issues with headliners falling in
after the journey across the ocean and then subjected to the 100F+ temperatures the US gets in our Southern states.

The order of Dry 24/7 I just received this week, does NOT seem to have any issue with the tapes, but I'm still working my way thru the first bag.

I'm at the edge of "medium" for leg size, and the confidry are really the only size medium I can wear without problems. Other diapers either have to have the padding snug in the crotch all the way across (leaks) or the lower tapes either don't reach the front panel or just barely reach and end up being uncomfortably tight around my legs.

Northshore recently added "regular" to their line, to go between their medium and large. (I think they may have gotten a lot of feedback that their "medium" was a lot smaller than a typical "medium" was?) I haven't tried them yet, but I assume those would probably be a better fit for me.

I still have a handful of medium diapers around here, and try to make use where I can. I actually am wearing one of my last medium DC Amore (the old anime ones) which are very comfortable with their thick padding and front/rear elastic, but the lower tapes are right on the edge of the wing and I needed to add duct tape to keep the uppers on. So it's a kind of a "YMMV"

Some diapers have no real difference in padding between their sizes - the padding is identical, they just extend the shell up the front and back a couple inches, and add a few inches to the wing widths. Others thin out the padding and extend it. Some others just extend the padding without thinning it. (so you get higher capacity)

Any of you that have ordered recently, did you order larges by chance? Thank you.

I recently bought a case of Dry 24/7's. Apparently there where minor issues with the tapes before and now they seem to be better since no amount of sweat on my part makes them lose their grip on the plastic(unless I'm playing a sport maybe). I don't know on how much they have improved but there's definitely a improvement from what I have seen.

I recently bought a pack with "within the last month" and I have been having tape issues. Nothing terrible but they do pop and become loose over time.

Not every diaper has been doing this id say it's a 60/40 split and they loosen more often then not.

I wish they never would of moved from overseas they were so much better then : / oh well they're still a good diapie.

I have been using the Dry 24/7 as my regular diaper and the case I got from Drycare directly a couple weeks ago seems to be working really well. I've noticed they tend to tweak a few things here and there. For instance, there is a little more room below the front elastic waistband, and above the padding. This makes the top tapes a little easier to tape for me. Hopefully they went with stickier tapes recently. It seems to me to be better anyway!

Best diaper on the market as far as im concerned (and ive tryed almost all of them lol)

I have had the new case for a bit now and I can say that there has not been an issue with the tapes. I think they did re do the tapes because they really stick without having to use your finger nail to press them on.

I never rely on diaper tapes. I buy decorative duct tape from Walmart. My favorite is Hello Kitty or Disney Princess. The disposable diaper tapes are so sensitive to powder and lotions.

My last order of Dry 24/7's so far seam to have better tapes at least they are sticking better, I to use Ducktape to secure the diaper better. I also wear a pair of underware over the diaper to help keep it inplace and Ro cut down on the crinkle sounds:)

dry 24/7's are now my main diaper I did switch to Abena level,4 premium diapers but found the last batch I bought did not tape well and they seamed to stretch and become loose over time.

The Dry 24/7's Re a bit warmer to wear on a hot day buy an am getting use to them and now prefer having a plastic backed diaper.

I prefer dry 24/7 at night, my last full case was ordered in the beginning of June, so I have new batch. The tapes work great, I wear mediums and its a longer / wider diaper but excellent fit. I'm fairly skinny with a 34" waist, just over 6ft tall. Sometimes when I have a "heavier" night I get some sagging, but I rectified that by using onesies, they are a real life saver. An important note pretty much with all diapers is to not make them overly tight, what I do is use the crease of the outside leak guards as my landing zone of the bottom tapes, I then tape the tops just snug, with out putting much strain on the waist band, I think it gives the diaper more absorbable area because it can expand outward will keeping the padding / leaks guards on the contor of your body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back