Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dry 24/7

Default Dry 24/7

Hi,

In the past Dry 247's have had tape issue and according to some threads from people who has told the company about the issue said that they were looking into new tapes. Has anyone tried them recently and had a problem? Can anyone confirm that they tapes have been changed?

Thanks

I haven't heard anything about new tapes but I hope they happen, I have to put a cover over them after a couple of hours of wearing to keep them tight.

I received a case a few weeks ago and have not noticed any issues with the tapes. I used to have to use duct tape to make sure they were secure. These seem fine.

I just recently got some and have had no issue with this case or the one before it.

Hmm alright , thanks for the replies, i think ill go aheard and order some. Thanks

There was a review I saw several months back, the reviewer stated they were changing to a new stronger tape and the new batch the tapes were green on his test diapers. My last case was still the older blue tapes that pop but haven't ordered a new case yet as its to hot for plastic backed diapers have switched to Abena air plus for the summer

While there is a thread on this brand of diaper I'm going to ask an unrelated question. How does the sizing on Dry 24/7s work? Are they pretty similar to the Tena Slip Maxi (what I normally wear) or Abena M4? Are they bigger? Smaller? I've never tried these before, but with a diaper accepting girlfriend who doesn't mind my wearing as long as they don't have baby prints on them, I need some plastic backed options that are plain…which is a daunting task the way the trend is going lately.

So, how do these fit?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiPad89 View Post
    While there is a thread on this brand of diaper I'm going to ask an unrelated question. How does the sizing on Dry 24/7s work? Are they pretty similar to the Tena Slip Maxi (what I normally wear) or Abena M4? Are they bigger? Smaller? I've never tried these before, but with a diaper accepting girlfriend who doesn't mind my wearing as long as they don't have baby prints on them, I need some plastic backed options that are plain…which is a daunting task the way the trend is going lately.

So, how do these fit?
    i would say they are about the same if not slightly bigger

and yeah i hear ya, some of these companys are puking furry and baby prints all over the good diapers. but you may have luck with the dry 24/7's but i will warn you that they are loud.. you may wanna look into the snuggies SE.x diapers, they are all white, and not as loud but the tapes aare kinda an issue if you like a super tight fit.

The sizing for the Drys are a bit special; they run big! It is the only brand I comfortably wear a medium. The length of the mediums are extra long and fit bigger waists than other brands. I am right between sizes for Abena. Their mediums are too short (ride below my hips) and too tight. Their larges are too big. With the Dry 24/7's, their medium is perfectly between what Abena offers. The Dry large again goes well beyond the Abena Large. I recommend following their size chart fairly close. The width and length number allows you to get a better idea how it would fit on you.

The size chart for the Drys is as follows: (taken off a bag purchased late last year)
    Small Waist 21-31" Width 25" Length 31"
    Medium Waist 32-42" Width 29" Length 35"
    Large Waist 43-65" Width 32" Length 39"

For comparison, most mediums are only about 29-31" long and cap at a 36-38" waist. These Mediums fit a 200 pound, 6 foot guy with 40" hips, 34" waist nicely with the top going to my belly button. There was still lots of side wings left on me up to 38" waist (i lost weight...). Their larges go up to something comparable to an xl or bariatric in other brands. I bought a case of larges years ago and taped the top just below my rib cage. They run big...

Prior to 2015, Dry 24/7 were manufactured in the Far East of Asia/Europe. They have since moved the production line to the continental United States.
    Salty air from the sea/ocean is well known to cause issues with adhesives. Diapers manufactured in Europe often have had this same issue.
    Even some of the finer automobiles from Europe have this issue, sadly. BMW & Fiat have both had large issues with headliners falling in
    after the journey across the ocean and then subjected to the 100F+ temperatures the US gets in our Southern states.

The order of Dry 24/7 I just received this week, does NOT seem to have any issue with the tapes, but I'm still working my way thru the first bag.