Status
Not open for further replies.

captainpollution

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Other
I went to the YMCA by my house yesterday and a great idea dawned on me. Someone needs to start up an AB/DL/IC friendly recreational center.

First, there would ideally be a fully operational fitness/exercise facility. Some companies advertise their business as 'judgment free; what a crock. People should have the opportunity to exercise freely in their diapers without belittling or intimidation, provided they take measures to prevent leaks and avoid messing.

Second, there would ideally be a game room with billiards, video games, poker etc.

Third, there would be some kind of snack/coffee bar.

Fourth, there would be a open space to hold small regional events, etc.

What do you think?

It would be a wonderful place to visit, but I am quite sure that there would not be enough patrons to cover the basic expences, let alone make a profit. The driving force behind every bussiness is to make money.

Great idea, but it would need to be in a highly populated city full of ABDLs...like DC or somewhere in Cali for the reasons pointed out by fifigal.
:)

captainpollution said:
I went to the YMCA by my house yesterday and a great idea dawned on me. Someone needs to start up an AB/DL/IC friendly recreational center.

First, there would ideally be a fully operational fitness/exercise facility. Some companies advertise their business as 'judgment free; what a crock. People should have the opportunity to exercise freely in their diapers without belittling or intimidation, provided they take measures to prevent leaks and avoid messing.

Second, there would ideally be a game room with billiards, video games, poker etc.

Third, there would be some kind of snack/coffee bar.

Fourth, there would be a open space to hold small regional events, etc.

What do you think?

OK. Here is the devil advocate questions. (Shark Tank Pitch)

Security?

Hygiene Requirements?

Cost/costumer/day?

Food:
Age related?
Adult?
Cost per serving?
Turnover in Supplies?

Per capita attraction?
Local?
25 mile?
100 miles?

Then a combination of all of the above.

Advertising?
Protection of facility and patrons?
Staff requirements?

Just the questions that have to be considered.

I personally would like to open my own restaurant. Then when I start to think about those kinds of question I just roll over and realize that it was a nightmare and not a dream.

Sorry to rain on your parade.

There's no place on the planet with an ABDL population dense enough by itself to justify the rent of a building and costs of employees. You'd need to open yourself up to other patrons. The question then isn't "how about an ABDL rec center" but rather "how do I make a rec center that appeals generally as a successful business and is ABDL friendly." That's a tough question since generally people won't want to hang out with a bunch of guys in just diapers.

If one were legitimately trying to open a gym of fitness center that would be ABDL friendly, my suggestion would be to market it as both liberal and disability friendly. Make everything wheelchair accessible, have various levels of equipment for people doing rehab physical therapy as well as people doing strength or endurance training, and market it as open to anyone from any walk of life no matter what. There's probably a niche for that, especially in a big city.

Reactions: egor
I like your idea about a rec area for AB/DL/IC. Widening your inclusion to other closet groups who would also like a non-judgmental place to have fun could yeild an excellent business. The question then becomes how inclusive, how big, how much equipment, and how much effort. For such an endeavor, you will likely want to make it a non-profit private membership club to protect members privacy and allow greater control over what may be permitted.

There are a number of BDSM community centers in large citys; you could start something similar in your area. Discretion and trust are manditory. I rented a place in Atlanta for a day for AB/DL activities even though they cater more to other aspects of BDSM. For what I wanted, it was awesome: crib, cage, semantics... You could easily have a white room. Within the BDSM comminity, AB/DL's are known and accepted as part of the Dominance / Submission portion of the BDSM community. However, DL's are known to cause a stink and often must spend more time proving themselves acceptable to be invited into the active community. Within the BDSM community, privacy, respect, and trust are paramount! This includes not attracting undesirable attention or sharing who attends with those who don't need to know.

Another option is to try to find another similar group and work together for a space. Perhaps there is already a BDSM community center willing to let you use a portion of their space at times. Again, before this would be allowed, they will have to trust you and your group to respect their space. You could help both you and them if it worked.

The smallest option is a small house party group that regularly meets. A number of people in different cities have done this for BDSM gatherings. Some continue for years. It may also be possible to rent a private space monthly for the same purpose. Some "Dungeons" exist only for about 8 hours every month and return to an empty room when the party is over. Having the furnature easily disassembled and moved, it could be possible to make a nursery appear and disappear for a party.

Again, I like your idea. As with any new business, the small details are what makes the idea sink or soar. I personally have seen two successful BDSM community centers run first hand. One was decided 2 months before opening in a strongly conservative southern state. I watched it grow from a dream to a success and attended the 1 year Anniversary dinner. Dreams do happen. Are you willing to put in the effort?

There are probably more adult diaper wearers out there then you think, more and more people are having to wear protection for medical reasons every day. So a gym that has an area that people could go to work out might do ok. And if you add the side line of a game room / coffee shop it might work.
Most people who wear diapers at the gym are always worried about what every one thinks if they see their diaper being in an environment that every one is diapered would be a lot easier to handle. I would join that gym.

what if u make it an extension of furries con? or make it a convention of its self. with no advertising but to go on to different abdl sites and advertise it to make it discrete.

Rob110 said:
There are probably more adult diaper wearers out there then you think, more and more people are having to wear protection for medical reasons every day. So a gym that has an area that people could go to work out might do ok.
As an adult diaper wearer, why would the fact that I wear adult diapers for fun mean that I would want to go to a gym with a bunch of weirdos wearing adult diapers?

Tongue in cheek comments aside, for every "closet" ab/dl you can find who'd want to go to the gym, there are likely just as many known ab/dls who would never be interested in such a place.

Better yet...

Start a ABDL convention. Two already exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back