Top or bottom tapes first?

Top or Bottom Tapes First?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely do the bottom tapes first to ensure snugness.:laugh:

I tried doing top tapes first, instead of bottom tapes, and I find that I can get the diaper to sit closer on me. So I like that more now.

Today i did the bottom tapes first for a snug fit

I have always done bottom first, after reading this thread I tried the top first and was surprised at how much of a better fit I get ..old dogs can learn new tricks

I always thought the consensus was bottom first.

I've always done top first though. It seems easier to hold the diaper in place when doing the top tapes, and once you have those done, they seem to make taping the bottom tapes easier.

I generally pull the diaper up, place my elbow on the front to hold the diaper centered, pull the left wing down perpendicular to my body length, tape the left front tape angling it downward, repeat with the right top, then flatten the left wing down from the bottom, again from the top, pull the wing tight from the bottom, then tape the bottom tape angling up, repeat with the right bottom.

And I always rub the tapes. That works for most diapers IME.

Bottom tapes for me. I get a more comfortable and secure fit that way.

I find doing the bottoms first yeild better results.YMMV since I do everything sitting down.

A good comfortable chair is so hard to find I alwats bring my own (LOL)

Interesting discussion. Every "how to" article I've read about this says that bottom first is the recommended way to go. But ... I've never been able to work out how to do it bottom first. How do you get a snug fit when the top is flapping about unsecured? Maybe it's because I've never worked out how to put one on sitting or lying down. Luckily top-tapes first from a standing start works just fine for me - but thanks for the discussion!

LittleLostPuppy said:
Interesting discussion. Every "how to" article I've read about this says that bottom first is the recommended way to go. But ... I've never been able to work out how to do it bottom first. How do you get a snug fit when the top is flapping about unsecured? Maybe it's because I've never worked out how to put one on sitting or lying down. Luckily top-tapes first from a standing start works just fine for me - but thanks for the discussion!

I agree and file this firmly with the "you get a better fit / it's easier to diaper up while laying on your back on your bed / sitting down." What? how? that sounds impossible!

I put my diaper on standing. I tape the bottoms first too. Will give it a try doing the tops first, next time I diaper up :)

I can do it laying down, no problem. I've also been trying having more of the back of the diaper and less in the front when I tape. Don't recall who said it but it keeps the junk more secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back