Snuggies Waddler Overnight Review

Fruitkitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
The Snuggies Waddler Overnight is a new printed ABDL diaper from snuggiesdiapers.com. This product claims to have twice the capacity of the regular Snuggies Waddler, with stronger plastic and stars which fade when wet. Snuggies also released an all-white version this diaper, branded as the S.Ex with packaging and marketing aimed at the BDSM community.

I am reviewing the medium size Snuggies Waddler Overnight as shipped in May 2015. The medium size is listed as fitting waist sizes of 28"-36" and the large size is listed as fitting 36"-48". The capacity is advertised as holding 135 oz or 4,000 mL.

Appearance, Size, and Features

Snuggies pioneered the notion of printed packaging, aiming to make the package look much more like the kind of thing you'd see on a store shelf. They've continued that with their packaging for the Snuggies Waddler Overnight, which is largely a blue-themed version of the Waddler's packaging.

269-11-packfront.JPG

269-12-packback.JPG

Front and Back of Packaging, Respectively

The Snuggies Waddler Overnight has an all-over print, with nighttime-themed babyish icons on a centered white background between a wave pattern, and dark blue moon-shaped patterning on the sides and wings. The colors, especially the blue on the sides, is unusually bold for a diaper.

The landing zone is a matte, transparent layer overlaying the front of the diaper. It's a different material than the glossy plastic used on the original Waddler.

269-1-FrontFolded.JPG

269-2-BackFolded.JPG

Front and Back of Folded Diaper, Respectively

Comparing the Snuggies Waddler Overnight to the regular Snuggies Waddler, you can easily see the difference in the landing zones and note the relatively bolder color scheme of the Overnight.

269-14-frontcompare.JPG

Waddler and Waddler Overnight, Frontal Comparison

To the naked eye, the Waddler and Waddler Overnight appear to be the same thickness, though to the touch, the Overnight feels much more densely-packed. If you stick the bags side by side, the Waddler Overnight appears to be about 20% thicker while dry.

269-15-heightcompare.JPG

Height comparison of Waddler and Waddler Overnight

269-13-packcompare.JPG

Side-by-side Length Comparison of Waddler and Waddler Overnight Packages

To test their dry thickness, I stacked three diapers on top of each other, placed a heavy book on top of them, and measured their height. Together, the 3 diapers had a height of approximately 8.4 cm (3.2 in). Thus, the dry thickness of a single folded diaper is 2.8 cm (1.1 in). They are noticeably thinner to the eye and when held as compared to typical "premium" adult diapers.

The landing zone is placed unusually low from the top of the diaper. There's about 5 cm (2 in) from the top of the landing zone to the top of the waistband.

269-3-stacked.JPG

3 Diapers Stacked

The Waddler Overnight uses the conventional double tape design seen on most adult diapers. The tapes have a blue tip without adhesive to pull on and are a bit wider than most diaper tapes. They stick reasonably well, at least at first, but unfortunately, I had trouble getting the tapes to stick as reliably as I did on the regular Waddler. I suspect the change to the landing zone plays a role in this; the glossy surface on the original Waddler was flatter and seemingly more resistant to stretch.

269-4-tapes.JPG

The Tapes

This diaper advertises a thicker plastic covering than the regular Waddler, and it does feel a bit thicker. It is smooth to the touch and does not crinkle particularly loudly as the diaper is unfolded.

The inside of the diaper has a blue-colored core surrounded by white, and the padding is arranged in an hourglass shape. The padding feels dense and substantial, not particularly fluffy, and has a dry, cottony texture. The diaper has tall and especially stretchy standing leak guards. It has an elastic waistband in both the front and back.

269-5-outside.JPG

269-6-inside.JPG

Front and Back of Unfolded Diaper

With the diaper outstretched, it measures 71.5 cm (28.2 in) in length, 62 cm (24.2 in) in width at the wings, 31.5 cm (12.4 in) in width at the center, and 19.5 cm (7.6 in) in width between the leak guards.

269-7-length.JPG

269-8-widthwing.JPG

269-9-widthcenter.JPG

Performance and Fit

To test the capacity of this diaper quantitatively, I ran a test to simulate use. I put a diaper on and then repeatedly poured water into the front of it in 100 mL increments and sitting down in a chair for 30 seconds each time to give the diaper a chance to absorb the liquid, pace the process, and see if it would leak when sitting.

This diaper swells greatly and quickly, and after 1000 mL of water, one of the upper tapes started pulling. At 1200 mL, it popped and could not be reattached. I imagine that taping it a bit looser could have kept it in place for a couple more increments, but given the continued swelling, I would have had to tape it impractically loose for it not to have popped before the diaper leaked. At 1600 mL, I started to notice faint wetness at the leg cuffs. By 1800 mL, I felt like I was sitting in a puddle, and the diaper had swollen to almost comic proportions, being more than 2 inches thick in front. At 2100 mL, the diaper leaked on my chair and I stopped the test.

This measurement was about half of the advertised capacity. I had this complaint about the previous Waddler, and it's if anything even more egregious here, especially since they've chosen to emphasize this number in their advertising. 135 oz / 4000 mL is nearly 9 lbs of water weight; I weighed myself before and after taking this diaper off and found ~4 lbs difference. This was a diaper that was comically inflated in front, as if I was wearing a balloon animal between my legs. I'm not sure where I could have placed the tapes where they'd have all survived to 2100 mL. It would be obvious under any normal clothing that something huge was under there.

The regular Waddler was notable for swelling disproportionately relative to its dry size, and it was readily apparent that this was a big step beyond. I folded the diaper back up to compare its thickness to a dry diaper. It had expanded to roughly 12.0 cm (4.7 in), more than 4.3x its original size.

If having a diaper that swells is one of the things most you care about, you should stop reading this review right here and start ordering this diaper. This gets thicker when wet than any ABDL diaper I've ever tested, including those that start much thicker while dry.

269-10-heightfull.JPG

Dry Diaper Next to Full Diaper After Quantitative Test

I put on a fresh diaper and wore it while going about ordinary activities. I had to run this test more than once because it took me a couple of tries to tape it loose enough that the tapes wouldn't pop after the first significant wetting. The diaper lasted a total of 6.5 hours, though I had an upper tape pop at 5.5. During my test, I had about 4-5 large wettings and some minor wettings, but did not flood it.

With a 36" waist, I am at the top of the listed size range for the medium. I normally wear size medium in other diaper brands, including the regular Waddler. I noticed very quickly that I couldn't physically tape the diaper as tight as I can a regular Waddler – somewhere between the density and increase in thickness, it's not as flexible. I also found after my false starts that it's unwise to tape this without it feeling loose when it's dry. After it expands from the first wetting or two, it goes from feeling loose to feeling snug. The top of the diaper of the diaper is the same design as the previous Waddler, in that comes up high enough but the relatively large and elasticized top part of it tends to scrunch down.

The tapes are probably, my biggest point of ambivalence about this diaper. They're the same design as the previous Waddler but on a diaper with a different surface for the landing zone and which expands substantially more. I had a lot of problems with them popping before the diaper reached capacity even while taping loosely to begin with. Much like other diaper tapes, these do not stick well if re-taped. I feel generally that this diaper massively improved capacity but the tapes also need to improve to rise to their increased task.

The plastic is fairly quiet, especially under clothing. This is not a particularly noisy diaper.

Price and Final Thoughts

I purchased these diapers from snuggiesdiapers.com. They're $130 for a case of 80, $70 for a half case, and individual packs of 10 are available on a sliding price scale with a volume discount. If you buy 2 or more packs total, including of different products, shipping is free to the US. Buying 2 packs of the Waddler Overnight is $40, including shipping. At full case of 80 diapers, this works out to $1.62/diaper.

This price is higher than most "premium" non-ABDL diapers, but cheaper than higher-end ABDL diapers like the Bambino Bellissimo, to which it compares well in my tests. If you don't care about ABDL prints, you can do better, but among ABDL-specific diapers, this stands out among the "premium" capacity diapers as one of the best values.

This diaper also has a lot going for it with the print. Like the previous Waddler, it has a realistic baby diaper print which looks similar to designs from the past decade. There's a lot of thought that went into these designs, and short of having a preference specifically for a mostly-white pre-2000s baby diaper print, it would be hard not to like this one.

I knocked the previous Waddler's tapes for having having some difficulty sticking as the diaper exapands, and this diaper has that issue much worse. That said, this also a problem that several high-capacity diapers have, and as I got used to taping the Waddler Overnight looser, this became an annoyance rather than a deal-breaker. This is easily the thing I'd most like to see improved in future runs.

The release of the Waddler Overnight is a big deal. Snuggies now offers a diaper not only with premium capacity, but a true rival to the best ABDL diapers on the market with a price that undercuts them. It's a disruptive product. I can nitpick issues here and there, but these are very much first-world ABDL problems. I like this product and despite a growing market of products, I absolutely intend to buy them again in the future.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MegaLugia
Great review. I presume their unmarked S.Ex. line are pretty much exactly these but without any prints?

When you say "If you don't care about ABDL prints, you can do better," what alternatives were you referring to?

dungeonman said:
Great review. I presume their unmarked S.Ex. line are pretty much exactly these but without any prints?

When you say "If you don't care about ABDL prints, you can do better," what alternatives were you referring to?

The company describes the S.Ex diapers as the same as the Overnights, just all white. My experience with both matches this.

Thanks for the review! I hope the product lives up to my expectations, but what Im really excited about is the level of distribution this company is commiting to! In Canada its hard to get a premium abdl diaper without going through either a reseller or suffering outrageous international shipping prices. Either way, it nearly doubles the cost per diaper - making this a rather expensive hobby.

I got the news today that Snuggies have distributors in Toronto AND Vancouver, made my order, and am ecstatic that I'm getting twice as many diapers for my usual cost! That's a BIG win for northern abdls.

Nice review. How would you like compare to other type of diaper when it comes to how match it can absorb before leak?

Crazypants said:
I got the news today that Snuggies have distributors in Toronto AND Vancouver, made my order, and am ecstatic that I'm getting twice as many diapers for my usual cost! That's a BIG win for northern abdls.

Snuggies does not have distributors in Canada rather has fulfillment centers to distribute our orders. Canada, like the United States and Europe, have direct fulfillment from Snuggies. We have done this to help keep overall costs down and better control the inventory flow in the future.

It's probably a matter of personal preference, but between the snuggies and rearz spoiled diapers, did you have a preference for one over the other? Are there certain characteristics that would lead one to buy either rearz over snuggies and vise versa?

I think the major selling point for me is the prints. This is the most babyish-looking adult nappy I've seen, largely because of the use of all-over pastel coloured characters, as with real baby nappies, rather than concentrating deliberate baby motifs (rattles, pecifiers, teddies, etc) in the tape zone. The Spoiled, by comparison, is too bright, and uses a rather bizarre footprint pattern. The swelling is certainly a feature as well - I took a shower in one of these, and after about a minute, felt like I had a beach ball between my legs. Impressively, there was no give in the shell or the tapes. From tearing one apart, it would appear that it is 85%+ SAP, with little pulp. It also has better elastic than the Spoiled.

The Spoiled is thicker from the get-go, probably a bit more absorbent, and certainly crinkles more. It's definitely got a softer interior - almost like cotton wool. The tapes are better. TBH, though, IMHO, there's nothing in the Spoiled that justifies that price premium over the Waddler Overnight.

Just got my Waddler Overnights in the mail today. Kudos to Snuggies for using Canada Post for delivery - was able to use flex delivery and have it delivered right to the post office to avoid prying eyes. That being said the box is very discreet so it's not that big of a deal.

Sizing seems a bit on the small side - ordered larges and compared to an Abena L4 it's a tight fit.

Had a bit of an issue with the tapes on the right hand side as well - not sure if that will be true for the rest of them or not. Had to get the duck tape out.

I have been eyeing the Rearz spoiled but shipping them to thw USA is a pain. So maybe I can get snuggies at a better deal.

Since I've already gone through a couple bags of the Snuggies Waddlers, I'm going to have to at least try a bag of the Overnights too, just out of curiosity.

After trying out the all-white version of these, I have to say that while they fit pretty well and work OK as a diaper the tapes definitely need some work. I've found that when worn for an extended period (like to bed) that by morning one of the tapes has either unstuck from either the front wing or the back wing. Needless to say, even though there is a landing area you would not want to try retaping these.

That might not be a problem for me, as I'm a big fan of using a few strips of duct tape, along the waistbands of my diapers, just to keep them tight around my waist.

These don't seem to be available any more =(
The overnights; the other printed one is large only. I don't want an all white one. =(

The couple of bag of Waddlers I bought, I didn't have any issues of the stapping. And like I said, I am a fan of adding a bit of duct tape, around the waistband anyway. Looking to try out a few of the Waddlers Overnights, before I try the newer versions (with the different name).

I just received a half case from them - I think I'm around a 34" waist but wear 36" pants. The overnights are a little too tight around the thighs and kinda cut into the legs in my opinion. I probably should have gone with the large but o well such is life. Other than that they seem to be a pretty awesome diaper but I think I still prefer the bambinos bellissimo.

Since the name has been changed to Tykables, are you gonna update this?

fruitkitty said:

Haven't had any issues with the Tykables overnight so far. Re-taped it about 5 times last night and had no issues with tapes popping or anything. It a great diaper and feels super soft :3

I just need to get my hands of a few of the Waddlers and Waddlers Overnights, and give them a try-I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I was at MFF a few weeks back and was hoping I'd meet someone from the Tykables folks, so I could get a few, but I never saw any indication, they were there??

fruitkitty said:

Maybe you didn't see it the first time? Since the name has been changed, do you plan on updating this?

Back