Not open for further replies.

GunLover94

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Has anyone else noticed that there has been a large amount of diapers hitting the market lately? With ABU back in business carrying 2 new types of diapers (and actually delivering, even though i never had an issue), DC Amor and the gen 2 pink diapers, Snuggies and the new overnight series, Aww so cute and their pink and blue ones, even the new crinklz animal ones. And it even seems that fabines are a new player even though they've been around a minute. Is it just me that's seeing this? how is the great "Bambino" dealing with all this new competition? Should i stock up while i have the chance? I haven't seen anything new from them. I'm still waiting on an AB/DL pull up from someone. I feel like some of the companies could go bust if to many players join the game. I know that regular diapers have all but disappeared from my collection to make room for the nice stuff. Anyone care to comment?

I'm happy that the ABDL Diaper Market has exploded and that there are so many new cool choices to choose from. I don't think you have to worry about Bambino going anywhere. They still are a well known name in the ABDL community, and while I do really like some of the new stuff hitting the market, Bambino still has some of the best products on the market. They can handle the competition. The companies I can see losing ABDLs thanks to this competition also market to the Incontinent community and can survive just fine without us.

It could help lower the cost of some companies

It baffles me really. Everyone always said that this was a small community of people that are like us. This tells new otherwise. There's either some serious hoarders out there, or, there's more than just a small community out there. Perhaps much bigger than everyone thought.

Fabines or the makers of them I think have gone out of business, they've had nothing new on the market since their rubbish panda print diaper.
I had a look at their website and they have nothing on it apart from old large all white diapers and children's pull ups,
Does anybody here know if they've stopped making diapers or do they have something new in the pipeline?

I love the growing market, but we small sized people need a little love too.

DarkBabyMagicain said:
I love the growing market, but we small sized people need a little love too.

but you all have been squeezing into actual real baby diapers and making some of us jealous ;)

bambinod said:
but you all have been squeezing into actual real baby diapers and making some of us jealous ;)

Squeezing into them because you can and squeezing into them because you have to are two completely different things. ;)

To the ones that wants a pullup diaper we need to email this companies and request such I diaper. They have to know that there I'd a huge market for such an item before they will attempt to manufacture them. I myself would like to see a pullup too. I wear 24/7 but I can only wear pullups to work and the type I have found that works is the depends real fit which I am not a fan of depends products but the real fit is nice and does hold a good amount. Just don't flood it I will leak

I wouldn't say that more is necessarily better, but new and better products are obviously better. :) The trouble is that not all of the new products we're seeing are better. Instead--and I won't name names--some of the new diapers look like retreads of diapers we've already seen. Or else some features are better while others are a step backwards. These diapers just dilute the money pool and hurt everybody, IMO.

I know a number of people that are not ABDLs buy Bambino Bianco's just because they are so good.

Then you have XP medical's A+ that fit into both the ABDL and IC side.

well with the baby boomers getting older the need for diapers are going to serge. so most company's are getting on the band wagon to make a profit on the grater need for them.

so I expect to see more types of diapers in the next 10 to 20 years.
:eek:ldguy:

The explosion in the ab/dl diaper market is only going to be good for us. The competition will drive prices down and the quality of the diapers up. The market for these products can't be huge though, so the market must be approaching saturation.

DannyBBaby said:
well with the baby boomers getting older the need for diapers are going to serge. so most company's are getting on the band wagon to make a profit on the grater need for them.

Japan hit that particular surge around 6 years ago. They lost a lot of their population in WW2, and I'd expect that's what put the weird kink in their age/population chart. Lots of people that were just young enough to not be fighting are just now hitting the "elderly" point right now. Basically there was a ~7 year lull in the number of people entering Elderly recently, that has stopped, so the natural growth curve suddenly catches back up at that point.

GunLover94 said:
Has anyone else noticed that there has been a large amount of diapers hitting the market lately?

I was literally going to write the same thing haha! it's great to see the market so busy! Snuggies have a new one out now too!

- - - Updated - - -

Billiam said:
The explosion in the ab/dl diaper market is only going to be good for us. The competition will drive prices down and the quality of the diapers up. The market for these products can't be huge though, so the market must be approaching saturation.

See, I'm really starting to wonder now if the AB/DL thing isn't a whole lot more common than we might imagine. Maybe the Internet and discrete delivery is finally encouraging people to come out of their shells. Before I discovered abdlfactory, any time there were any good nappies on ebay, you could guarantee that 50 people would be watching the auctions. Makes you wonder!

- - - Updated - - -

GunLover94 said:
Yes, To many could hurt the companies I like ?

OP, thank you for your post :) please please please put another "o" on your "to" in the poll! You're totally shaking my OCD side :D

Too = "Too much/many/few"
to is for infinitives = "to be/have/do/see"

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't be surprised if Abu struggle actually. They've accrued a lot of grumpy customers over the last few years thanks to various issues. They're liable to face some pretty stiff competition with all these new players on the scene. Shame though, I'm still waiting on some other company to do the cloth back thing.

Billiam said:

More competition doesn't necessary mean lower prices. As you stated saturation is saturation. Some of the biggest costs in products like these is in the overhead such as shipping and storage; not the product. These prices will not go down simply because there is more competition. Who has lowered their prices really? AwwSoCute has been around for a few years, ABU has been around for along time and recently changed hands. Snuggies has been out for over 9 months selling products. Who has dropped their prices simply because? The sales are basicly the same, same time price drops and even frequency with only a few exceptions.

Also another factor in the pricing is in how many you can manufacture and how frequently you can manufacture them. More competition can have a negative affect for both of these factors across the board if people purchase from everyone evenly thus actually raising the price of the products or causing one or two to go out of business.

A worse cases situation is that one company goes under and does a massive liquidation of product then disrupting the normal flow of products into the market from other companies which can cause others to have cash flow problems, again this is kind of a worse case, then either having to choose to go negative or bust depending on how long that null lasts. It could in theory cause a few companies to go under like a domino effect if it was 'just right'. While having a choice is almost always nice it does not automatically mean the prices will go down or the quality will go up or as a consumer things will be better just because; but it can absolutely.

The companies still have to make a profit and still have bills to pay. Each market and country wants their tax payments, shipping costs are constantly going up both to go international and direct to consumer. If people want "free shipping" it really just means that the price of the product is going up. If people didn't want, expect or demand 'free shipping' the costs could in some case drop by 20% instantly, though you would still be paying it in shipping it may be a bit more transparent. I have had many people say "shipping is too high" or that companies "rip people off in shipping", honestly shipping is just costly. Niche market companies are not Amazon and do not make profits of a $1,000,000 or more a year. Many can not expect, demand or even satisfy huge discounts from companies like FedEx, UPS and USPS. To get discounts, particularly big discounts, you have to spend big first, then keep spending big to keep any discounts you get. They can often times give you an ‘introductory rate’ for a few months but If sales slow or you do not meet a certain bracket one month or quarter you can see rates rise. In some cases saving a dollar or not an order can be someone's salary each month and that is a big deal.

Long story short, the market is getting saturated and it will be interesting to see who gets to stick around. Some brands have other revenues to fall back on while others do not. The ones who do not have other income sources are at the most risk clearly and these are the ones run by ABDL people, the ones in the community.

I don't mind the emergence of many companies and I like a larger selection to choose from trying new diapers can be fun sometimes.

Jsaur said:
See, I'm really starting to wonder now if the AB/DL thing isn't a whole lot more common than we might imagine. Maybe the Internet and discrete delivery is finally encouraging people to come out of their shells. Before I discovered abdlfactory, any time there were any good nappies on ebay, you could guarantee that 50 people would be watching the auctions. Makes you wonder!

That is a good question.

Todaler, I mistyped. I didn't mean that the companies would be lowering their prices, only that they will be doing everything they can to stay competitive. Unless the ab/dl market is surprisingly large, like Jsaur expects, the companies must be facing pretty intense pressure.

Todaler is absolutely right. Make no mistake - the total market share of ABDL specific products is very small. With so many contenders taking a slice, there is less and less potential to make any real money, which you need to expand or even stay afloat. Small volume means small turnover, which combined with high overhead means little profit. As the market reaches the saturation point, if it hasn't already, you will soon see companies deciding it isn't worth it and backing out.

In order to meet high overhead costs, in addition to covering shipping, and finally turning a little bit of profit, you may actually see the increased "choices" of diapers out there actually drive prices up in this tiny market. Because a company must charge what it has to in order to make it to the next month.

jeremyi said:
Todaler is absolutely right. Make no mistake - the total market share of ABDL specific products is very small. With so many contenders taking a slice, there is less and less potential to make any real money, which you need to expand or even stay afloat. Small volume means small turnover, which combined with high overhead means little profit. As the market reaches the saturation point, if it hasn't already, you will soon see companies deciding it isn't worth it and backing out.

In order to meet high overhead costs, in addition to covering shipping, and finally turning a little bit of profit, you may actually see the increased "choices" of diapers out there actually drive prices up in this tiny market. Because a company must charge what it has to in order to make it to the next month.

This is entirely reasonable speculation; but unless we were to have figures on company turnovers and - indeed - exactly how many potential customers are out there, it's genuinely difficult to know what the state of the market is. That more and more products are emerging is fairly promising, but the fact that the people buying these products are inherently secretive makes it difficult to know what that realistically means. I'm not asking cuddlz to start posting up their spreadsheets, but it'd be interesting to have an insider in one of these companies give their thoughts on the market. Does anyone on here work for one of these organisations? Without naming names: Is business booming? Do you think the market will continue to flourish or are we reaching saturation and potential business casualties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back