So I received the wrong size...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
So, I ordered some Molicare Super Plus's size small from Bambinos and by luck I managed to receive mediums by mistake. After the initial *sigh*, I went to their site, and noticed that the size range for medium Molicares are 27-47 inch waists/hips. That's got me curious as I have a 27inch waist and 28inch hips.

Before I go through the return process, has anyone dealt with the fringe sizes for Molicares and Are they accurate (a 20inch span seems like a lot to me)? It basically amounts to whether I should return them or there is a good enough chance that they will fit to keep them.

Hi

I don't know about Molicare sizes, but I can tell you from personal experience with my own brand.
My brands sizes were medium and large. I was right in the middle of the Med size.
They stopped selling med, so I had no choice but to get the larges.
They were taller, bit thicker, had some extra in the tabs/end for larger hip sizes, but other then that worked great.

I can tell you that Molicares have a slightly tighter fit than some other brands like Abenas or 24/7s, especially around the thighs. If you're familiar with those brands, Molicare mediums are going to be let's say 2/3 of the way between an Abena S and a M, and like 1/3 of the way between a 24/7 S and a M. I am a 34 inch waist and - even if not necessarily too small - they are definitely snug.

You're a 27/28 so if you like a snug fit I'd definitely say go with smalls, otherwise if you don't mind some room in your padding you could give mediums a try ;-)

MandyBear said:
Hi

I don't know about Molicare sizes, but I can tell you from personal experience with my own brand.
My brands sizes were medium and large. I was right in the middle of the Med size.
They stopped selling med, so I had no choice but to get the larges.
They were taller, bit thicker, had some extra in the tabs/end for larger hip sizes, but other then that worked great.

That's kind of the way I figured it'd be. I didn't really want to go through the return process; receiving them turned into the worst case of bad timing I have experienced in a long time. :laugh:

quattrus said:
I can tell you that Molicares have a slightly tighter fit than some other brands like Abenas or 24/7s, especially around the thighs. If you're familiar with those brands, Molicare mediums are going to be let's say 2/3 of the way between an Abena S and a M, and like 1/3 of the way between a 24/7 S and a M. I am a 34 inch waist and - even if not necessarily too small - they are definitely snug.

You're a 27/28 so if you like a snug fit I'd definitely say go with smalls, otherwise if you don't mind some room in your padding you could give mediums a try ;-)

Thanks, this helps a lot. I did notice that they were a little snug but they are the first 'with tabs' diaper I have used so kind of guessed they were normal. I would say the smalls were very discreet though. I could hardly tell I was wearing them under jeans and I guess the snugness probably helped dampen some of the noise.

I'm going to go ahead and try them and will report back later.

Larger diapers can be made to fit well if you change how you tape. run the lowers more toward each other than down, and place the top tapes down farther from the end on the front than you normally would.

(you may find you like the additional padding / coverage)

If there's a bit too more unpadded plastic up front than you'd like to see, you can just use a scissors to trim some off. Be sure to leave at least an inch of unpadded plasstic.

bambinod said:
Larger diapers can be made to fit well if you change how you tape. run the lowers more toward each other than down, and place the top tapes down farther from the end on the front than you normally would.

(you may find you like the additional padding / coverage)

If there's a bit too more unpadded plastic up front than you'd like to see, you can just use a scissors to trim some off. Be sure to leave at least an inch of unpadded plasstic.
I'll remember that. Thanks!

bambinod said:

Good point, forgot that, lol.
What I usually do is to fold down the extra in the back and just tape it to the inside then I adjust the height/placement of them so the front/back are even then tape them up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back