Not open for further replies.

puppyfat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
So I thought the diapers wouldn't be here for a while, but they came today! My roommate is still in town, but she's out for a couple hours. I couldn't contain myself.

So right now I'm wearing a Tena maxi. I put it on and I don't think I did it right, but I was too excited-- I looked in a mirror and wet the diaper.

It took a while-- mainly because I was so excited that my body tensed up. But feeling the diaper get wet was-- a thrill, for sure. I'm still wearing it, but I'm not sure it fits right. Is it supposed to bunch up between my legs? And how high up on my waist am I supposed to tape it? I think my worry that it's not fitting right is ruining my excitement right now. But it didn't leak, so that's something? Also I find that I'm waddling around and damn this diaper is noisy.

puppyfat said:
My roommate is still in town, but she's out for a couple hours. I couldn't contain myself.
Is it supposed to bunch up between my legs?
And how high up on my waist am I supposed to tape it?
Also I find that I'm waddling around and damn this diaper is noisy.

Welcome to the wonderful world of diapers :D

Yes it is, even if you try to make it flat when you stand it does that thing.

Depend how big/tall you are, and how big/tall the diaper is.
The front and back of the diaper should be about the same height, and just tape across or slightly pointing down a bit.
Do the diapers you have reach up to your natural high waist?
How much of a difference do you have between your hips and waist?
Don't worry if they sorta just sit on your hips you should be fine.
Just don't expect any low rise jeans to cover them, or fit over them, lol.

A thicker diaper and especially a wet one will be thick and sorta force your legs apart causing you to walk funny, or waddle, lol.

Ya, plastic backed diapers tend to make that crinkle sound when you move or walk, lol,
You will get used to it and stop thinking that the neighbors can hear them, lol

MandyBear said:
Welcome to the wonderful world of diapers :D

Yes it is, even if you try to make it flat when you stand it does that thing.

Depend how big/tall you are, and how big/tall the diaper is.
The front and back of the diaper should be about the same height, and just tape across or slightly pointing down a bit.
Do the diapers you have reach up to your natural high waist?
How much of a difference do you have between your hips and waist?
Don't worry if they sorta just sit on your hips you should be fine.
Just don't expect any low rise jeans to cover them, or fit over them, lol.

A thicker diaper and especially a wet one will be thick and sorta force your legs apart causing you to walk funny, or waddle, lol.

Ya, plastic backed diapers tend to make that crinkle sound when you move or walk, lol,
You will get used to it and stop thinking that the neighbors can hear them, lol

OK that's reassuring! I'm just worried that I may have gotten a size too big. My waist is 37inches and my hips are 44inches. So I figured, oh my hips are the widest, a large is good. Now I'm wondering, yknow? They definitely go up high, almost over my navel.

Note said:
You're supposed to be on your hands and knees when you start waddling, silly. XD Besides, what is a little puddle-pup doing up and walking around pretending to be an adult for anyways? :3

But seriously, I remember the thrill and awkwardness of my first time, you'll get the hang of it. :3

You really know which buttons to push to make me blush...

Anyway, I'm feeling that I have to go again... just waiting for my body to do its thing.

As far as the waddling/bunching thing goes, I've heard people who say they can (with practice) pretty much walk normally with a diaper on. I've been wearing mostly bambino teddies for a while now, and I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Truthfully, I've found that it's a bit more comfortable, and just plain easier (assuming you don't need to worry about being noticed) if you sort of walk around/lay down with your legs kind of splayed out. It's also a bit of a benefit in that it makes diapers generally work better when they aren't all bunched up or compressed.

One fairly straightforward tip to cut down on noise with some (not all!) diapers is to simply fasten them up a bit snugger than you normally would. The the plastic is a bit more taught, the crinkling is usually quite a bit reduced.

puppyfat said:
OK that's reassuring! I'm just worried that I may have gotten a size too big.
My waist is 37inches and my hips are 44inches. So I figured, oh my hips are the widest, a large is good. Now I'm wondering, yknow?
They definitely go up high, almost over my navel.

Sounds like you got a good size. (I don't know the sizing of those diapers)
They're not very high, my normal ones went just above my bellybutton, and the large I was using went almost to ma boobs, lol.

For a diaper, they aren't high yes, but I know how they seem huge compared to a pair of panties, lol.
Even if they have a "good for waist size" I just look at the overall or "fits hip size" cause that's where they mostly sit on us.

Dan09 said:
As far as the waddling/bunching thing goes, I've heard people who say they can (with practice) pretty much walk normally with a diaper on. I've been wearing mostly bambino teddies for a while now, and I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Truthfully, I've found that it's a bit more comfortable, and just plain easier (assuming you don't need to worry about being noticed) if you sort of walk around/lay down with your legs kind of splayed out. It's also a bit of a benefit in that it makes diapers generally work better when they aren't all bunched up or compressed.

One fairly straightforward tip to cut down on noise with some (not all!) diapers is to simply fasten them up a bit snugger than you normally would. The the plastic is a bit more taught, the crinkling is usually quite a bit reduced.

Well, I am only wearing them at home right now, so I can do that. They also kind of sag and don't really cover my butt though? I've never actually seen anyone model a diaper, so...

Note said:
Well, I did spend over a year on Babyfur specific forums, so you kinda pick up a knack for it. :3

Anyway, as above advice. My only suggestion is to learn the diapers capacity. The Tena Maxi should be good for about 4 full wettings (that's the large.) And they do swell, a lot.

I am wearing a large! And I did manage to wet again, and I didn't leak at all. It felt warm so I thought I was, but nope.

MandyBear said:
Sounds like you got a good size. (I don't know the sizing of those diapers)
They're not very high, my normal ones went just above my bellybutton, and the large I was using went almost to ma boobs, lol.

For a diaper, they aren't high yes, but I know how they seem huge compared to a pair of panties, lol.
Even if they have a "good for waist size" I just look at the overall or "fits hip size" cause that's where they mostly sit on us.

Right; my hips are my biggest part (unfortunately) so they've gotta fit there.

Aww so jealous you are experiencing it for the first time! Glad you decided to go for it! :)
The Tena Slip Maxis are awesome and they will bunch up a little when you first wet them but keep wetting them and they balloon way up and get real squishy. I think you'll really enjoy it. So happy for you though, seriously! :)

Dan09 said:
One fairly straightforward tip to cut down on noise with some (not all!) diapers is to simply fasten them up a bit snugger than you normally would. The plastic is a bit more taught, the crinkling is usually quite a bit reduced.

Failing that, the good old underwear over the diaper trick usually helps a fair bit.

shibapawz said:
Aww so jealous you are experiencing it for the first time! Glad you decided to go for it! :)
The Tena Slip Maxis are awesome and they will bunch up a little when you first wet them but keep wetting them and they balloon way up and get real squishy. I think you'll really enjoy it. So happy for you though, seriously! :)

Thank you! I have one more Tena and I think I'll try to wear that longer. However I also want to try the Abriforms and the Bambino Bellissimos I got. Whichever of the three i like the best (in terms of the texture, the fit, sound, etc) will be the ones I get most often, probably. But I have a feeling it'll be the Bambino Bellissimos I like best because I already favor them for their picture on the front.

Note said:
The Bellissimo's far exceed most brands on the market. If you think you were crinkling and waddling with the Tena Maxi's, wait until you try them; you'll be a regular fetus. XD

So I'm ridiculously stoked about this.

Haha Note ^^
So true though. I think you will enjoy them best but a good selection you have there! Keep us posted on your adventures :)

Omg. I've had my eyes on those Crinklz, tbh. Once I figure out for 100% what my diaper size is, I will probably try those out.

Roger Ebert once opened a review (which I thought was for Citizen Kane, but I could be mistaken--it's been a while since I read it) by saying, essentially, he wished he could see it again for the first time. I'd imagine that's how a lot of us feel about our first time wearing diapers, and since it's unlikely we'll ever be able to wear diapers again for the first time it's doubly exciting reading about first time experiences on here. :) Keep us posted!

puppyfat said:
So I thought the diapers wouldn't be here for a while, but they came today! My roommate is still in town, but she's out for a couple hours. I couldn't contain myself.

So right now I'm wearing a Tena maxi. I put it on and I don't think I did it right, but I was too excited-- I looked in a mirror and wet the diaper.

It took a while-- mainly because I was so excited that my body tensed up. But feeling the diaper get wet was-- a thrill, for sure. I'm still wearing it, but I'm not sure it fits right. Is it supposed to bunch up between my legs? And how high up on my waist am I supposed to tape it? I think my worry that it's not fitting right is ruining my excitement right now. But it didn't leak, so that's something? Also I find that I'm waddling around and damn this diaper is noisy.

i still have alot of issue putting on my own diapers i also put it on badly and the bunch in the legs is because of how you put it on

babymt said:
Sounds like you're having lots of fun.

If you fold the diaper in to a V between the legs and then put it on afterwards it will feel less bulky between your legs and the moisture will distribute better. It depends how thick you want them to feel. Bellissimo will feel much the thickest of the three.

If you want some help taping you can watch this video (in Spanish, but follow the pictures). I tend to use this technique for diapers that are a bit large (if I use large Tena...I am a 32" waist, but like the babyish feeling of a big diaper sometimes)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QF8Ctbco7Xo

Other than that, I tend to tape a bit straighter if the diaper is a bit smaller. You will find that both the bellissimo and the Abena are a bit larger than the Tena.

Happy diaper days (oh, and the Crinklz are great as well and size wise somewhere between the Tena and the Abena)

It's like you read my mind because I was looking for videos to help me out yesterday. What do you mean by folding the diaper in a V? I'm having trouble picturing it.

hti24 said:
Roger Ebert once opened a review (which I thought was for Citizen Kane, but I could be mistaken--it's been a while since I read it) by saying, essentially, he wished he could see it again for the first time. I'd imagine that's how a lot of us feel about our first time wearing diapers, and since it's unlikely we'll ever be able to wear diapers again for the first time it's doubly exciting reading about first time experiences on here. :) Keep us posted!

I shall! It's hard not to. I've just been so excited and wanting to tell the whole world. I can't, of course. But I can tell you all!

babysnow said:
i still have alot of issue putting on my own diapers i also put it on badly and the bunch in the legs is because of how you put it on

Right; I think it's something I'll figure out in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back