First time in a diaper and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the wonderful world of diapers! I'm glad I read your post, as I just discovered the Crinklz diapers and have ordered me some - yay! Can't wait to get them on, I want them I want them I want them NOW!

Anyway, beyond the basic taping methods (well described in previous posts), I think that it's mainly a question of whether they way you do it up or a particular brand feels right for you (just like ordinary clothes, really). I didn't like crinkly ones at first 'cos I was really scared of being found out, but now they give me a thrill - that I may be found out is really exciting! I never have been found out though, and there are easy ways of masking it when outside (i.e. wearing plastic raincoats, carrying plastic bags around) etc.

Obviously, wearing baby clothes like onsies and dungarees keeps the diaper supported so it doesn't sag so much and you can also choose how tight those are. If you're lucky like me and have an understanding partner it's fun if you can't get them undone without help. Going a bit off-topic here, but my point is that like the right choice of wine supports a meal to make it great, choosing the right things to support the diapers make the overall experience really great too.

Interested to read about 'feedism' - I hadn't heard about that before. Sometimes (like a few times a year) I like to eat loads of sticky party food all in one day to the point where I'm almost sick, but then I go the other way and exercise loads afterwards.

Anyway, have fun and welcome to our club!

puppyfat said:
So I thought the diapers wouldn't be here for a while, but they came today! My roommate is still in town, but she's out for a couple hours. I couldn't contain myself.

So right now I'm wearing a Tena maxi. I put it on and I don't think I did it right, but I was too excited-- I looked in a mirror and wet the diaper.

It took a while-- mainly because I was so excited that my body tensed up. But feeling the diaper get wet was-- a thrill, for sure. I'm still wearing it, but I'm not sure it fits right. Is it supposed to bunch up between my legs? And how high up on my waist am I supposed to tape it? I think my worry that it's not fitting right is ruining my excitement right now. But it didn't leak, so that's something? Also I find that I'm waddling around and damn this diaper is noisy.

Seems like you've safely entered the enjoyable world of diapers, and have overcome one of your first and often recurring obstacles; finding alone time. :p

Yes, it's usually supposed to bunch up like that when wet.
Usually I tape mine at waist level unless it's a GoodNite, which in that case it usually secures at the top of my hips. As long as it's not sliding off your butt, it's fine.
If you think you're waddly and noisy now, just wait until you get the other diapers you order; you've only just begun.

Anyway, you know where to come back to if you need anything else. Have fun. ^^

Thank you both. ^_^

I tried the x-large Bambino Bellissimo today. I think this one technically fits, but a large would be better. I'm gonna try the large tonight. But even though I haven't tried the Abri-forms yet, I think the Bellissimo is the winner. I just love the way I look in it and the way it feels. It did bunch up, but not in the same way the Tena did. And it crinkles and makes me feel small. The feeling of toddling and crawling around the house wearing that Bellissimo was like nothing else.

I also managed to get out of the bathroom and use the diaper elsewhere, but I still have to focus on it and squat. I did mess, which I didn't intend to do initially-- I knew I had to pee, so I was trying to pee, and then, well, I messed too. But I let it happen and I feel bold, and cleanup wasn't that terrible. Now I just need to get through work so I can come home and put on the other Bellissimo, which is a large, not an x-large. I have a feeling the large is a better size but we'll see.

puppyfat said:
I did mess, which I didn't intend to do initially-- I knew I had to pee, so I was trying to pee, and then, well, I messed too.

I do this often. In fact, I normally sit to pee, not because I want to poop but because as I try to empty my bladder, I poop. You are not alone.

puppyfat said:
What do you mean by folding the diaper in a V? I'm having trouble picturing it.

Lay out the diaper with the backing down. Then fold the left side over the right side so a cease is formed down the center of the diaper. Press this some so the cease remains when you put the diaper on. The diaper will form a 'V' between your legs when you put the diaper on.

BabyDenise said:
Lay out the diaper with the backing down. Then fold the left side over the right side so a cease is formed down the center of the diaper. Press this some so the cease remains when you put the diaper on. The diaper will form a 'V' between your legs when you put the diaper on.

That helps a lot. Thanks!

Update: I'm wearing the smaller Bellissimo and so far I like the fit better. I'll get the hang of putting them on eventually. Seems like I can still only wet while standing or squatting, not sitting down ever. I've also noticed that Bambinos have a really diapery smell that the Tenas don't?

Bambinos have the option to add a baby powder scent to them but I'm sure that even if you didn't select that option it may have been in close proximity to other diapers that were scented. The scent transfers pretty easily (I've successfully transferred scent from Luvs to adult diapers just by keeping them all together). Tenas really have no smell in my experience. It will take a while before you will be able to wet sitting down. That takes a lot of concentration. If you want practice, sit on the toilet and wet a few times. Then go sit on a chair and close your eyes and visualize you're sitting on the toilet. That will help you develop the wetting sitting down mode.

I think I will try that soon! I've just been sitting, hoping that my body will get the hint and go. But I'm just feeling the urge build and build. So I'll try that.

I've discovered that I don't like the Tena much, either. Just the overall feel of wearing it. I did order a pack of Abriforms though and another Bambino sample to try in a different size. :3 Ah, this is fun.

What I've been doing to ease my worry about wetting myself in grown up clothes is putting on a specific bracelet whenever i'm diapered. That way I have that cue to just go. It's a really conspicuous bracelet so I will know when it's gone.

Thats a great idea! I think you'll be fine though. We all went through the same thing during our first tries, at least I think most of us have... :)

I remember that I did not wear a daiper for about 15 years. And it was tough at times. First time I actually brought adult daipers were cvs briefs. I was so excited . Nervous . It tough letting it go at first and I remember that. Wow

babymt said:
Just that. Fold it in half to get a crease or otherwise you end up with a w between your legs, which is more babyish and makes you waddle more (what I like a lot...), but less practical and harder to hide

The "W" can also lead more liquids out to the sides where they leak. Best to go with the "V" for better leak prevention, keeps the liquids in the middle as they run to the back padding. Almost a requirement for nighttime on your back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back